ZARD - Makenaide

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Stan BiSH

Kpop Groupie
Credits

today is the 30th anniversary of ZARD's "Makenaide" (don't give up) the song was voted by Japanese fans as their favorite ZARD song ever

Izumi Sakai died tragically in 2007 during an accident while being treated for cancer, after being diagnosed she was optimistic she was going to recover

the Japanese weekly magazine Friday ran an interview in which said Sakai thought that modern treatments would enable her to live long. Her mother said that she greeted her visitors cheerfully and did not seem to show the effects of her illness

but her condition quickly deteriorated

a well known story related to "Makenaide" told by another patient that was also being treated along her in the same hospital, she told the story of how they would go on walks around the hospital and Izumi would sing her "Makenaide" when she mention how she was having trouble walking

not much later Izumi died after falling from a slope near an emergency exit, according to her mother she liked to go meditate there, the day she died it was raining and this area was slippery and at this point she was already very weakened due to her illness, unfortunately this resulted in her falling, she was discovered unconscious and a few hours later was reported dead

to this day she is still considered to be one of the most successful and influential Japanese artists ever

the music video released today was compiled from footage of this performance

Stan BiSH

Kpop Groupie
Credits
i never got to experience ZARD while she alive, they were active before i was born and by the time i heard about them she already passed away

that said Izumi Sakai was super talented, i really like her music

my favorite song is Yureru Omoi

incredibly beautiful song, she definitely was one of the most talented vocalist ever

also check this tribute from SARD UNDERGROUND, they are the official tribute band of ZARD, these girls are also really talented

Stan BiSH

Kpop Groupie
Credits
check SARD UNDERGROUND!

also this cover of Yureru Omoi is pretty good

Last edited: