Who's learning Korean?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Dailey Kpop Lover

Kpop Rookie
Website
thaliadailey7.wixsite.com
Credits
that's like the opposite for me. i want to learn to read and write in korean but i'm really lazy tho i still sing covers in my room helped by romanization:')
Romanization doesnt help cause the way the spell it somethines is not how you pronounce it but me too when i sing karaoke and dont feel like reading the hangul its to fast im a slow reader.

Brickerbrack

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Handong
JiU
Siyeon
I've been learning for about a year, and there's definitely a way to go. I try to read Hangul as much as possible, but as you've said, until you're well-practised, it's gonna be slow to read. If I'm reading lyrics along to a song, I'll used romanised versions for speed, but otherwise I try to avoid it.

Brickerbrack

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Handong
JiU
Siyeon
I use Duolingo on a daily basis, but I have a couple of Udemy courses I've bought, and a few YouTube channels, including TTMIK, KoreanClass101, and Go! Billy Korean.

Brickerbrack

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Handong
JiU
Siyeon
Well, learning Hangul is actually really easy, and will at least help you read names and the like.

The Korean language itself is somewhat trickier, not least because it has a completely different structure (a lot of sentences are essentially backwards if you literally translate the words into English). But eventually, it starts making sense. 😋

Stephanie💜

Kpop Amateur
Credits
I tried looking at Japanese characters and I was just like... No. It's not even alphabets, it's basically just sounds. I really want to thank King Sejong for not following the norms and making some complicated sound system

MoonlightNCT

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Lucas
Ten
Winwin
Hendery
I have been learning Korean for about a month now. I can read it, I know some words and grammar but it will still take me a long time to really be a fluent in Korean. I'm so motivated right now so I think I will at least learn to speak/understand Korean some day

Brickerbrack

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Handong
JiU
Siyeon
Wow compared to you, I'm just taking a walk in the park
Well, like I say, the Duo I do daily (set at the maximum 50XP a day level, but even that usually only takes 15 mins or so). The others I dip into whenever I have time, which usually results in a lesson or two per week on the Udemy course, or a couple of YouTube videos before bed. So even though I'm doing at least some daily learning, I'm still not really going all-out.