What resources do you use for your language studies?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

array

Kpop Rookie
Website
www.youtube.com
Credits
Dino
Gahyeon
Jiyoon
Jiyoung
Hey! So I've been low key trying to learn Korean for a while and honestly, I haven't gotten very far. That's probably just because I get unmotivated and take really long breaks (like a few months long), but I'm finally somewhat more serious about learning. Gonna try to get into the introductory korean class as my college for the autumn semester but until then I'm just going to try to learn what I can via the internet.

Currently, I've tried out Mango, Lingodeer, and most recently Drops for phone apps. I've also used Duolingo and I've tried out 90 Day Korean. With tried out, I literally mean tried out, as in I spent no money and just did the free trial lessons lol.

So what about you? Are there any apps, websites, YouTubers, etc. that you have either tried out or use to learn Korean or really any language?

OppaIsTrash

Kpop Expert
Website
twitter.com
Credits
☆ SEVENTEEN - Rock With You [Ver. D] ☆
Wonho
i also have the problem that i take long breaks between 'lessons'!
i've used duolingo and lingodeer and of the two i prefer lingodeer, at least for korean. (i still use duolingo for italian)
other than that my roommate bought some textbooks for learning korean, and i found a korean-english dictionary secondhand, but we haven't really sat down to work on them.

jonghosapple

Kpop Expert
Website
www.tumblr.com
Credits
Kino
Yunho
Jongho
My sister and I use Talk To Me In Korean. We do buy the workbooks, but you can listen to their lessons on the website for free. We listen to the free lessons like a class, and then do "homework" in our workbooks. There are 9(?) Levels that are divided up into lessons. Each lesson has its own audio "class" about 14 minutes long. The instructors are really fun to listen to, and I never feel like they're moving to fast.

Hai

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Chaeyoung
Woojin
Hangyul
Dino
for me i use all of the websites and apps you mentions, and since i check tiktok quite often i follow a lot of korean teachers, so that helps sometimes

peltonia

Kpop Fan
Credits
MJ
Soobin
Juhaknyeon
Choerry
howtostudykorean is a godsend, take notes on it like you would an actual class and it lays out grammar in a way that’s super easy to understand and remember. ttmik’s videos are great too (you don’t want to fall behind on the auditory portion!!) I’ve heard watching kdramas is a good way to pick up on conversational nuances and sentence structure but I’ve never tried it. I hate romance too much 😷 lol
once you’ve got somewhat of a grip, I found it really helpful to just go find small things to try your hand at translating, lyrics and posts and short videos and things, this is super easy to do if you’re a kpop fan cuz idols/companies constantly release small tidbits like that. don’t share what you translate until you’re seriously confident cuz otherwise that can be really irresponsible, but research the individual words in it, and hold onto it to look back at and review or compare to other ppls translations to see where you might’ve made a mistake.

MiMi¹²⁷

Kpop Expert
Credits
Jungwoo
MJ
OMG everyone if your learning korean plz learn hangul you will struggle if you dont learn hangul, plus its pretty easy! DONT USE DOULINGO!!!! This will mess up your vowels and vocab, it may work for you, but you can be way ahead doulingo can slow down your learning!