What is Something About Kpop That Confused You At First?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
I thought that music shows were like talent competitions, like American Idol and people would text in who they wanted to win.
I was also super confused about the difference between main, lead, and sub. Also if there was a difference between a vocalist/rapper and a sub vocalist/rapper.
Also the whole age system and having to adjust to them using metrics for height and weight was difficult at first.
And like most people who hear of Seventeen, I thought they had Seventeen members.
I also thought NCT 127 was called that because they started with 7 members, then they added 2, and then another 1. So I thought they were originally called NCT 7...

What about you?

moonlight

청하
Staff member
Credits
Starstruck
the Intense choreo tbh
and the fandom names- I thought they have to be something similar to their group name Some do

MiMi¹²⁷

Kpop Expert
Credits
Jungwoo
MJ
I thought that music shows were like talent competitions, like American Idol and people would text in who they wanted to win.
I was also super confused about the difference between main, lead, and sub. Also if there was a difference between a vocalist/rapper and a sub vocalist/rapper.
Also the whole age system and having to adjust to them using metrics for height and weight was difficult at first.
And like most people who hear of Seventeen, I thought they had Seventeen members.
I also thought NCT 127 was called that because they started with 7 members, then they added 2, and then another 1. So I thought they were originally called NCT 7...

What about you?
Lmaoooo 💀💀💀💀💀 The NCT one

MiMi¹²⁷

Kpop Expert
Credits
Jungwoo
MJ
Why tf some idols cant stick to there own culture and race, and why some of them kinda looked like girls especially (jimin) in the past i thought he was gay, also wondered why seventeen was called that if they didnt have seventeen members

stanloona

CEO
Website
caijklm.carrd.co
Credits
Miffy
Sakuma Ritsu
LOONA
Orbit Crown
I didn’t know the surname goes first so when I first stanned bts I thought there were 3 members with the first name kim

i also didn’t know i-fandom name and k-fandom name were just international and Korean so I thought i-army and k-army were fandoms for different groups

array

Kpop Rookie
Website
www.youtube.com
Credits
Dino
Gahyeon
Jiyoon
Jiyoung
Why I didn't think seventeen had seventeen members lol
Every time I see that I was like huh, I never thought of it like that.
At first, I thought they were all 17 years old at debut and then I was like nah, seventeen is their concept, they're singing about what seventeen-year-olds go through lmao (probably didn't help that I was seventeen when I first discovered them)

jenosimp

johnny su(h)premacy
Credits
Cherries
Heart Jewel
Pink Rose
Chocolate Strawberry
Dude, the main/lead/sub thing STILL confuses me! lol can someone please educate me???
like vocalists wise the main vocalist would usually be the one with the most lines or sings the chorus. the lead vocalist is probably the 2nd best when it comes to singing styles and technique, and sometimes sing the chorus but mostly just sing leading up to the chorus or before the main vocalist. and subvocalist usually dont get as much lines as lead and main, and dont often sing the chorus. the lead rapper is sometimes like the intro or hook for the song and the main rapper usually has the biggest and main rap part. the subrapper again doesnt get a lot of lines and only gets a few rap lines. sorry this was long lol hope this helped

peltonia

Kpop Fan
Credits
MJ
Soobin
Juhaknyeon
Choerry
I distinctly remember wondering how idols didn’t sweat through their tight long sleeved shirts while dancing, I honestly thought there was like some surgery they must undergo where they get their pit glands removed or something

also I will never grow accustomed to the concept of being entertained by watching other people eat LOL especially when I first started watching korean stuff I kept thinking “wow, american women would never stuff their faces like this on tv in a million years.” korean celebrities do it so freely, they don’t even care what faces they make while they’re trying to fit a huge bite of something in their mouth, it’s still fascinating to me

marsikk

Face of The Group
Credits
1- Main/ lead vocal, rapper or dancer I can't find the difference between "main and lead" I principle know that have a difference between it but I just can't find it
2- Centre/ face of the group/ visualist in my opinion it is the same thing yes I know it's sounds stupid but I just don't find any difference
3- There are names that I can't pronounce correctly like Eungkwang (Btob), Yugeom (Got7), Yuqi (Gi-dle), Chenle (Nct) and more is just so hard for me to pronounce this names as well as many others mostly Chenle

itzmeguyz

Kpop Stan
Credits
I didn't understand some of the positions, like main/lead vocalists/dancer, I didn't understand the whole bias/biaswrecker/ub/bias group stuff, the "visual" position, the dating ban, and I was pretty surprised when I saw people accusing others of stanning groups just because of their company (like SM, JYP, YG) because I didn't even know the company the groups I stanned came from and I didn't really know much about the companies either. Pretty sure there were other things I was confused about as well

babyz

𝘪 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴 𓁹
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Website
linktr.ee
Credits
✧ Simon Riley ✧
✧ Captain Price ✧
The visual position. I wouldn't get it. I thought everyone could be a visual.