What are your opinions on Quuendom 2's lineup?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

luvholic

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Isa
Winter
Karina
SinB
i am quite mad at mnet adding kep1er when they are literally SO POPULAR like queendom is to bring more fame to underrated kpop groups/soloists NOT bring more fame to popular groups (no hate or shame to kep1er, just mad at mnet) , but i hoped weki meki or dreamcatcher would have been here :/ , but for the others, i am quite fine with them :)

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I think it’s a big misconception that queendom is only for groups who are underrated. That was the premise for Road to Kingdom, to give a smaller group a chance to compete with the big leagues. Mamamoo, Oh My Girl, LovelyZ, Gidle, Bom and AOA were all on Queendom 1, and none of them could be argued as a small group, even AOA who despite having faded from the spot light at the time were still MASSIVELY recognisable. And idk the lineup for Kingdom, but Stray Kids was there and I don’t need to explain that.

Queendom to me is about groups achieving a personal goal. Solidifying themselves in the industry. For Brave Girls, they’re showing they’re more than just the Rollin group, for Hyolin she’s making her name for herself as a soloist. For VIVIZ they’re showing they can be just as strong without GFRIEND. Hyolin, Brave Girls, WJSN, LOONA and VIVIZ aren’t underrated groups. They’re just fighting for an opportunity to make it even bigger in the industry.

Now I know I’ve been building this up as if I’m about to defend Kep1er, but I’m not. I’m also not happy that Kep1er is there, but for a different reason.
Kep1er are such a new group. Yeseo and Yujin have been in the industry for such a long time sure, but 7/9 members are fresh into the industry. Compared with everyone else there, they’re practically all teenagers, fresh eyed and inexperienced. To me, it’s insulting that they’re there being compared to some of the most legendary kpop groups. If I was one of the competing groups I’d be pissed. And you can’t say that about VIVIZ because they’re the second oldest competing idols there. We saw how they responded to WJSN teasing them about not being seniors. That’s my problem with them being there. That being said, I’m glad they’re happy, being taken care of and having fun. I just don’t want them to win because that would just be plain insulting imo

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
i wasn't happy :/ i was hoping for weki meki, dreamcatcher, purple kiss, and/or everglow. but the more i think abt it, i'm okay w it. except for kep1er. they just got done w a survival show; they should have been allowed to rest and enjoy their time as kep1er, not been thrown right back into a competition. and i didn't rlly want viviz there, tbh; they don't have enough songs and i didn't want them to use gfriend songs. call me heartless, but we need to accept that gfriend is gone; viviz may have ex gfriend members, but they are not gfriend

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
I think WJSN, Brave Girls, and Loona were great picks.
Viviz I didn't really like at first because I thought they wouldn't be dipping into Gfriend tracks. I still feel a bit iffy about them.
Kep1er does not need to be there and I think they're gonna struggle due to their lack of experience compared to the other groups.

I was hoping for maybe Dreamcatcher and definitely Everglow.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
and i didn't rlly want viviz there, tbh; they don't have enough songs and i didn't want them to use gfriend songs. call me heartless, but we need to accept that gfriend is gone; viviz may have ex gfriend members, but they are not gfriend
I do agree with what you said here too. I’m very much indifferent to VIVIZ being there since I’m basically a YUJU solo stan now so yeah. While it would be dumb to say SinB, Eunha and Umji are rookie idols, it’s also kinda condraticting to me that they’re trying to prove they have potential outside of GFRIEND while also using GFRIEND as their Queendom Legacy. It was very emotional watching them perform Rough and Into The Moon Night though, and even more so when you know Sowon was the one who picked the songs, but ye it’s a bit complicated

luvholic

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Isa
Winter
Karina
SinB
I think WJSN, Brave Girls, and Loona were great picks.
Viviz I didn't really like at first because I thought they wouldn't be dipping into Gfriend tracks. I still feel a bit iffy about them.
Kep1er does not need to be there and I think they're gonna struggle due to their lack of experience compared to the other groups.

I was hoping for maybe Dreamcatcher and definitely Everglow.
oooo i agree

luvholic

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Isa
Winter
Karina
SinB
I think it’s a big misconception that queendom is only for groups who are underrated. That was the premise for Road to Kingdom, to give a smaller group a chance to compete with the big leagues. Mamamoo, Oh My Girl, LovelyZ, Gidle, Bom and AOA were all on Queendom 1, and none of them could be argued as a small group, even AOA who despite having faded from the spot light at the time were still MASSIVELY recognisable. And idk the lineup for Kingdom, but Stray Kids was there and I don’t need to explain that.

Queendom to me is about groups achieving a personal goal. Solidifying themselves in the industry. For Brave Girls, they’re showing they’re more than just the Rollin group, for Hyolin she’s making her name for herself as a soloist. For VIVIZ they’re showing they can be just as strong without GFRIEND. Hyolin, Brave Girls, WJSN, LOONA and VIVIZ aren’t underrated groups. They’re just fighting for an opportunity to make it even bigger in the industry.

Now I know I’ve been building this up as if I’m about to defend Kep1er, but I’m not. I’m also not happy that Kep1er is there, but for a different reason.
Kep1er are such a new group. Yeseo and Yujin have been in the industry for such a long time sure, but 7/9 members are fresh into the industry. Compared with everyone else there, they’re practically all teenagers, fresh eyed and inexperienced. To me, it’s insulting that they’re there being compared to some of the most legendary kpop groups. If I was one of the competing groups I’d be pissed. And you can’t say that about VIVIZ because they’re the second oldest competing idols there. We saw how they responded to WJSN teasing them about not being seniors. That’s my problem with them being there. That being said, I’m glad they’re happy, being taken care of and having fun. I just don’t want them to win because that would just be plain insulting imo
i think kep1er doesn't have enough title tracks like THEY JUST DEBUTED, soooo i don't rlly want them to be here

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
i think kep1er doesn't have enough title tracks like THEY JUST DEBUTED, soooo i don't rlly want them to be here
Yeah just the tracks and inexperience as a group. Imagine being someone like Hyolin with 12 years of work and experience behind you being beaten by a 3 month old group with 1 song 😭

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
I do agree with what you said here too. I’m very much indifferent to VIVIZ being there since I’m basically a YUJU solo stan now so yeah. While it would be dumb to say SinB, Eunha and Umji are rookie idols, it’s also kinda condraticting to me that they’re trying to prove they have potential outside of GFRIEND while also using GFRIEND as their Queendom Legacy. It was very emotional watching them perform Rough and Into The Moon Night though, and even more so when you know Sowon was the one who picked the songs, but ye it’s a bit complicated
right! it's certainly heart wrenching to watch, but viviz needs to make a name for viviz; gfriend's name has already been made and their time is done.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari

The one thing I disagree with here is Hyolyn, because she's already made a name for herself. She's an icon in the industry /g /nm

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
The one thing I disagree with here is Hyolyn, because she's already made a name for herself. She's an icon in the industry /g /nm
I mean true, I was mostly just trying to demonstrate that the participants aren’t nugu and have reputations, and that was the only way I could express Hyolin being there. Though I do feel like hardly any soloists get the same reputation as groups do in kpop, so maybe it’ll be a chance for her to do so