Things kpop stans say that make me roll my eyes

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

HeroHaikyu

Kpop Expert
Website
herohaikyu.carrd.co
Credits
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
Green Tea
omg yessss - some ppl told me ages ago, cause my bias in ATEEZ was Yunho, they said I had to change it cause their bias was Yunho - like, wtf?!
I- Seriously?? My friends and I have different biases in Stray Kids, but it's not like we threatened each other saying "MY BIAS IS FELIX SO YOU CAN'T HAVE HIM" "WELL MINE IS I.N SO-" "HYUNJIN IS MINE DON'T TOUCH HIM" "SEUNGMIN IS PERFECT AND ONLY BELONGS TO ME". That's stupid.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
When people classify themselves as a better stan because they have stanned the group for longer than you.

When they say you aren't a good stan/don't love the group enough because you don't stream, vote, and buy all their merch.
Some or us have lives and a limited budget...

And you know what, anything that has to do with streaming in general is annoying to me.

ChenXiao

Face of The Group
Credits
Gong Myung
☆ NCT 127 - Sticker [Ver. B] ☆
☆ NCT 127 - Sticker [Ver. A] ☆
Horyeong
When people classify themselves as a better stan because they have stanned the group for longer than you.

When they say you aren't a good stan/don't love the group enough because you don't stream, vote, and buy all their merch.
Some or us have lives and a limited budget...

And you know what, anything that has to do with streaming in general is annoying to me.
why do i agree with everything you just said? Like, i feel i cant stan SF9, VERIVERY or VICTON because I haven't stanned them since debut.

risa❀은혜

Kpop Expert
Website
risasrenjun.carrd.co
Credits
New Jeans
Seungkwan
Caratbong
Kim Man Bong
I feel like the only time I've come close to something like this happening was when I was called a "baby Stay" for not knowing one skz quote-

HeroHaikyu

Kpop Expert
Website
herohaikyu.carrd.co
Credits
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
Green Tea
I feel like the only time I've come close to something like this happening was when I was called a "baby Stay" for not knowing one skz quote-
I probably don't know every freaking quote or funny moment from debut- if you're a "Baby Stay" for not knowing ONE, then what am I???

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Okay so this is a bit generalising and for some of these I can see some of the perspectives from where people are coming from, so I won’t entirely deny it. But these are some things that when kpop stans say them i just think y i k e s.

1. “If you don’t stan [group/idol] do not use them as your pfp”.
The argument is that idols are not for aesthetic purposes, which in some ways I can agree. However, if x person really likes that specific photo, and they want to use it to enhance their profile then it’s literally not hurting ANYONE. If it’s really that big of a deal, use idols you at least know the names of. Otherwise go for it, have whatever you want as your pfp. It’s no one’s business

2. “I want [group/idol] to leave [company]”.
Look. The kpop industry is awful. I don’t believe honestly there is a single good company. However, most idols have a fairly straightforward and tolerable time as an idol under their company. !! some idols are being seriously mistreated and I agree they deserve better !! But your idol is not being mistreated just because someone had less lyric time, or because there wasn’t English subs put on the video.

3. “I do not believe [rumour]! There is no way [idol] would do that!”.
I was getting into AOA when the infamous scandal broke out. I was devastated that people I loved and wanted to stan turned out to have been bystanders/initiators to such a horrible thing. It is not nice to think idols you admire could be doing such disturbing or horrible things, but at the same time you DO NOT KNOW these idols in reality, and a lot of what they do is for show. You do not know how they acted back when they were 13, so stop acting as if there is 0 possibility once upon a time they could’ve been not a nice person. The only way you know how they act/ed is if you’ve actually met them in person.

So that was my rant, what are you opinions and what makes you roll your eyes when stans say it
Okay so I thought of a 4th which I want to add.

This is just a random example:
“Congrats to XYZ for being the 1st girl group of the 4th gen to do blah blah blah”
(Instead of being the first group)

I don’t understand why there is such an obsession with being the first to do something. I get it in some ways, people want to be able to feel like their group is the most achieved and special. But there’s nothing wrong with being the second, third, fourth or further along to do something. An achievement is an achievement. Just say “congrats to XYZ for achieving such a hard goal”.

But at the same time, do not get me started on how fandoms act when they find a person who falsely claimed a fact about their group. Especially if it was a gg and the new one is a bg.
“You’re taking away achievements from women”
“It’s because they’re a girl group”
“Stop discrediting female artists”

Just congratulate your group and move on

cix.sense

❥❥ 𝐊𝐢𝐦 𝐒𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐮𝐧 ❥❥
Author
Credits
Tamaki Amajiki
Jinyoung
BX
Seunghun
omg yessss - some ppl told me ages ago, cause my bias in ATEEZ was Yunho, they said I had to change it cause their bias was Yunho - like, wtf?!
This one is annoying too like, if its a bigt fandom theres 50/50 chance someone else has your bias like deal with it and accept the fact that someone else has your bias yall can share

kokomi

彡☆
Credits
Username Change
Flower Vase
Berry Tart
Heart Cake
i think i really hate when they try to overly gatekeep. like if someone is getting interested in a group but may have been interested in something else, people tell them to stop. or when they stanned bigger groups and start stanning smaller, less popular groups, people try to gatekeep. a bit ago a youtuber i watch (Karl Jacobs) basically commented on a loona twt post and said: "Hello" thats literally it. and the quote retweets said stuff along the lines of, "stay away from her", "white freak", "go do something else" and it was honestly so sad to watch. i believe he openly said he likes/stans some kpop groups and even if he didn't and wanted to look into it, that's a digusting way to welcome him.

K-fan_2003

𝐿𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒, 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓌𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝒹 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈
Credits
User Title Change
ON/OFF
Chocolate Cupcake
i think i really hate when they try to overly gatekeep. like if someone is getting interested in a group but may have been interested in something else, people tell them to stop. or when they stanned bigger groups and start stanning smaller, less popular groups, people try to gatekeep. a bit ago a youtuber i watch (Karl Jacobs) basically commented on a loona twt post and said: "Hello" thats literally it. and the quote retweets said stuff along the lines of, "stay away from her", "white freak", "go do something else" and it was honestly so sad to watch. i believe he openly said he likes/stans some kpop groups and even if he didn't and wanted to look into it, that's a digusting way to welcome him.
That is horrible of them to do
that poor guy 😔

Sayaka Miki

くだらない 口に貼りついたブラフさきっと夢の右側はジョーカー
Credits
User Title Change
I- Seriously?? My friends and I have different biases in Stray Kids, but it's not like we threatened each other saying "MY BIAS IS FELIX SO YOU CAN'T HAVE HIM" "WELL MINE IS I.N SO-" "HYUNJIN IS MINE DON'T TOUCH HIM" "SEUNGMIN IS PERFECT AND ONLY BELONGS TO ME". That's stupid.
Kiri is overprotective of I.N thou lol

_YourAverageFanboy_

Kpop Expert
Website
ohwowok.carrd.co
Credits
Mingi
Box of Chocolates
Cake Slice
Red Rose
Here are some that annoy the h*cc outta me

- "You can't bias (idol), they're mine!"
- "Ew, you bias (popular member/idol)? You probably just s3xualize them."
- "Ew, you bias (unpopular member/idol)? You're just an attention seeker."
- "If you didn't stan them at (debut/certain era) then you don't deserve to stan them now."
- "Well maybe if you stanned (insert group here) that wouldn't have happened."
- "Ew, I got (member that's not their bias)'s photocard, I don't want them! I'm gonna trade."
- people selling photocards at high prices because the member is "more popular"
- overuse of inside jokes on non Kpop related topics

There's probably more but I can't think of them rn :/

HeroHaikyu

Kpop Expert
Website
herohaikyu.carrd.co
Credits
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
Green Tea
Here are some that annoy the h*cc outta me

- "You can't bias (idol), they're mine!"
- "Ew, you bias (popular member/idol)? You probably just s3xualize them."
- "Ew, you bias (unpopular member/idol)? You're just an attention seeker."
- "If you didn't stan them at (debut/certain era) then you don't deserve to stan them now."
- "Well maybe if you stanned (insert group here) that wouldn't have happened."
- "Ew, I got (member that's not their bias)'s photocard, I don't want them! I'm gonna trade."
- people selling photocards at high prices because the member is "more popular"
- overuse of inside jokes on non Kpop related topics

There's probably more but I can't think of them rn :/
"They're mine!" No, they're not. They're theirs, not yours. They don't belong to you and you don't own them, so shush.

My bias in Stray Kids is Hyunjin. He's popular, yeah. Do I like him because of that? No. Do I s3xualize him? No. He's just the one I leaned towards the most. What's wrong with having someone that's more well-known as your bias? Nothing.

My friend's bias is an unpopular member of Stray Kids, but she HATES attention so shut up please. Not everyone is like that.

WHO CARES??? That's like saying you can't like classical music because you weren't born in 1750!!! Just- please, if you would kindly shut up and let us stan whoever.

Just because I don't stan them and you do, doesn't mean things. You're telling me that if I change the group of people I stan, fate and stuff like that magically changes?? Come back to reality. That's seriously not how things work here.

Be grateful you even got a photocard in the first place. You got your group's album. They randomized the photocards in all of them, so shush. It's not like everyone gets what they want, deal with it.

Stop. That's all I'm saying. Stop doing that for money.

If we want a laugh, I'll use them in non-kpop related things with people who understand, but I won't overuse things. There are a lot of other funny things, use those and stop pushing kpop onto the conversation. Please.

marsikk

Face of The Group
Credits
I get annoyed when they say:
"You need to stop support "The Bully" (I mean Hyunjin) or the "R*****t boy" (I mean Han)" - like who tf are you to tell us who to support and who no.
"I am so jaelous because this idol have a boy/girlfriend"- I mean I also used to be jealous 'cause of that but now I stoped 'cause if they feel happy to have person next to them then it's something great and you don't need to jealous of that.
"Stray kids ot7/6 are the best, these 2 need to leave the group or the company"- I just don't have any comment for this

HeroHaikyu

Kpop Expert
Website
herohaikyu.carrd.co
Credits
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
Green Tea
I get annoyed when they say:
"You need to stop support "The Bully" (I mean Hyunjin) or the "R*****t boy" (I mean Han)" - like who tf are you to tell us who to support and who no.
"I am so jaelous because this idol have a boy/girlfriend"- I mean I also used to be jealous 'cause of that but now I stoped 'cause if they feel happy to have person next to them then it's something great and you don't need to jealous of that.
"Stray kids ot7/6 are the best, these 2 need to leave the group or the company"- I just don't have any comment for this
:0 No- but- nO >: (
why's do people get jealous of that- Just because they're happy doesn't mean you have to be jealous-
I- W.T.F.-