re-imagining Kep1er [Kep2er]

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jangshinz

Kpop Stan
~my opinion, no hate~

images (88).jpeg
1. THE GROUP & FANDOM NAMES
I find Kep1er to be a cute name, not to serious but not too playful, so I'll be keeping it as the group's name. The fandom name absolutely needs changing, and I think the predicted name, guardians is kind of tacky. A name I thought about was ~keepers~. I know it's not really as creative as the other names, but I think that the fandom would protect Kep1er from hate and antis, therefore they are keepers. Other possible names could be comets, stars, Kep1overs ect.

2. THE POSITIONS
Everyone seems to have a different opinion, so I'll share mine.

Choi Yujin:
230913-kep1er-the-5th-mini-album-magic-hour-concept-photo-v0-mvjgh7qmaunb1.jpg
[Leader]
Yujin is one of the most experienced members and has been in the industry for 6 years. She is the eldest member of the group, and is seen as the "mother" of the group.

[Sub Vocalist]
Yujin honestly has not impressed me vocally. She seems to have some sense of support but her technique is not ideal. She sounds airy when singing live; and this is also in the studio. She does seem to have a lot of vocal hype around her but in my opinion I don't think she is strong enough to take on technical vocal parts without straining.

Shen Xiaoting:
230913-kep1er-the-5th-mini-album-magic-hour-concept-photo-v0-os60d8ymaunb1.jpg
[Lead Dancer]
She is an amazing ballroom dancer, so her skills help her when dancing. She has an incredible sense of grace, but sometimes her execution of certain moves can be "sloppy". Nevertheless, she is an extremely strong dancer who is able to apply her facial expressions to enhance her performance capabilities.

[Sub Vocalist]
Xiaoting has drastically improved as a vocalist. She has shown her full potential in the most recent comeback and both her vocal tone and sound was top-notch. However, she needs to show her vocals consistently for me to rank her higher.

[Visual]
Xiaoting fits the KBS (Korean Beauty Standard) the most, and her visuals are beloved by the fans. This is an unfair position as all members are visuals, but she deserves the position.

Sakamoto Mashiro:
230913-kep1er-the-5th-mini-album-magic-hour-concept-photo-v0-7369wv6naunb1.jpg
[Co Leader]
Mashiro proved her leadership capabilities during the survival show Girls Planet 999, so her being a co leader shows that she along with Yujin can support the other members to the best of their extent.

[Lead Rapper]
Mashiro has a decent sense of flow and a developed tone when it comes to rapping. She is not super amazing at rapping, but Kep1er's "weak" point is rapping so her skills are able to propel her to lead rapper. She is also able to take on rap parts.

[Sub Vocalist]
Unfortunately Mashiro does not get to prove her vocal talent that she showed from Girls Planet 999 in Kep1er. During times where I can hear her voice without the backing track, it kind of sounds weak and airy. Mashiro (I think) uses more of a nasal technique when she's singing but thickens her tone so that it does not sound similar to members like Yujin, Chaehyun and Yeseo, but still is not an ideal technique to use.

Kim Chaehyun:
230913-kep1er-the-5th-mini-album-magic-hour-concept-photo-v0-nwt7mngnaunb1.jpg
[Main Vocalist]
Chaehyun is clearly by far the best vocalist. She has 6 years of training (under SM home of the vocal gods) so her technique and support surpasses every member in Kep1er. She has a good sense of musicality and emotion which she is able to incorporate into her voice. She is also the best belter of the group.She is ultimately the best vocalist.

She may not be a concept chameleon (Hikaru, Yeseo) but she certainly has an alluring, mature stage presence. Also, in the songs that Kep1er shines (Giddy, Galileo), Chaehyun was able to deliver when being the center.

Kim Dayeon:
230913-kep1er-the-5th-mini-album-magic-hour-concept-photo-v0-fx0923onaunb1.jpg
[Main Dancer]
Dayeon is one of the obvious main dancers of Kep1er. Her musicality is extremely strong. She is able to execute moves cleanly and consistently. Her moves can be energetic, bouncy and smooth. However, the thing that separates her and Hikaru is that Dayeon has a tendency to over dance. Other than that, Dayeon is an excellent dancer.

[Main Rapper]
Dayeon has a great flow and tone when rapping. People may complain that her rapping tone is "cringey" but in my opinion I feel like it is similar to Hyoyeon from SNSD; attacking, both powerful and empowering. She also receives a lot of rapping lines.

[Lead Vocalist]
Dayeon is clearly the 3rd best vocalist of the group. She is quite well at projecting her voice. Her sense of support is not as close to Youngeun and Chaehyun, but she is certainly able to hold her own comparing herself to the other members. Her tone when singing is good.

Ezaki Hikaru:
230913-kep1er-the-5th-mini-album-magic-hour-concept-photo-v0-mg9heaynaunb1.jpg
[Main Rapper]
Hikaru is the best rapper in Kep1er, crediting her as the main rapper. Both her tone and her flow are superior and are on par with some of the best rappers of the 4th generation. She received a lot of rap lines from the producers so the position fits her quite well.

[Main Dancer]
Hikaru is also is the best dancer in Kep1er, and one of the best dancers in the industry. She is amazing at popping and locking. Her moves can be executed well and are energetic, similar to Dayeon. Hikaru knows how to control her energy when dancing, which is what separates her from Dayeon.

[Sub Vocalist]
Hikaru is most likely the weakest vocalist of the group. She can't really support her voice well and her technique isn't good. Her tone shows potential, but there isn't much else to say about her vocals.

Huening Bahiyyih:
230913-kep1er-the-5th-mini-album-magic-hour-concept-photo-v0-36k56l7oaunb1.jpg
[Lead Vocalist]
Bahiyyih is over-hated for her vocals, she clearly is in the top5 of the group in terms of vocals. Her sense of support is more developed than some members. Her tone is different to others which is a nice comparison. Some of the vocal covers uploaded on the Kep1er channel show Bahiyyih's true potential, much more than the bare lines that WakeOne gives her.

[Lead Rapper]
Bahiyyih surprisingly is also good at rapping. Her flow and tone is quite underrated by Kep1ians. She has provided her potential in some of the rapping lines in some of the songs. She proves herself to be a decent rapper.

[Face of the Group]
Bahiyyih is quite obviously the most popular member internationally (due to her brother being a TXT member and possibly her sister being a VIVA member though her sisters popularity is much less notable) so being the face of the group is good. She appeals to the international fans.

Seo Youngeun:
230913-kep1er-the-5th-mini-album-magic-hour-concept-photo-v0-mf2cnngoaunb1.jpg
[Main Vocalist]
While Youngeun is not as good as Chaehyun when comparing in vocals, she is notably better than the other members, therefore she deserves the main vocalist position. Her agility and tone is good. She is a good belter and is able to project her voice properly. She has a good sense of support.

[Lead Rapper]
While Youngeun hasn't rapped in Kep1er, she has shown her full potential in Girls Planet 999. Her Kick It rap was nothing short of a deserving rapper. Her flow and tone were so good that people expected her to be one of the main rappers of the group.

[Lead Dancer]
Youngeun is one of the best dancers of the group. She is amazing at idol dancing, again referring to the Kick It performance, and she has shown her potential in her dance cover shorts. She is quite good at open dancing, though not as significantly better.

Kang Yeseo:
230913-kep1er-the-5th-mini-album-magic-hour-concept-photo-v0-dyamdymoaunb1.jpg
[Lead Dancer]
Yeseo is one of the strongest dancers of Kep1er. She is extremely skilled at open dancing. Her executions when it comes to dance moves are energetic and bouncy. She doesn't seem to have problems with details and huge moves. Her torso is fluid. One of her biggest problems is that she sometimes messes up her arm movements. She also needs to improve in idol dancing. Those are the things I think she needs to improve on before she progresses as a main dancer.

[Lead Vocalist]
Yeseo has main vocalist training from being in Busters, so her vocals development is imminent. While she is not the strongest vocalist she is better than the other vocalists like Yujin and Mashiro. Her tone is sweet, however she uses a nasal technique which is not ideal as a vocalist. However she's improving.

[Maknae]
She is the youngest member in Kep1er, earning the Maknae title.

3. New Storyline
As the show GP999 had the concept of being universal, Kep1er was "supposed" to have a space-themed concept. My idea for a storyline is that each Kep1er members has a representative planet, and they are fighting for intergalactic peace. Each album represents a significant event throughout Kep1er's journey. Only WA DA DA and Galileo would have been released as space-themed songs in terms of title tracks.

4. A ranking that makes sense
The final lineup of Kep1er was incredibly surprising for many, as members who were not as talented as other members surpassed them due to being popular. I'm going to provide a ranking using a formula which I would have used as the producer of GP999.
7h1z8beba1v71.png

Korean Votes:
1. Chaehyun
2. Dayeon
3. Yujin
4. Yeseo
5. Bahiyyih
6. Youngeun
7. Hikaru
8. Xiaoting
9. Mashiro

International Votes: