No one is ever pleased with NMIXX

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

illicee

Kpop Amateur
Credits
before i start i'm pretty sure this is the correct forum to put this. i'm also pretty sure this can be a thread and not a profile post. if either of these are wrong, let me know and please help me fix it :)

disclaimer: a lot of what i'm talking abt in this post stems from what i've seen abt nmixx and from what i've heard others say abt the group.

so while i notice nswers always tend to be happy with the music nmixx puts out, i also notice that no one else ever seems to be fully happy with their songs. for example, during ad mare era i barely saw any support or love towards the girls or o.o and while i can understand that nmixx’s music is a bit of an acquired taste, it was a little disheartening to see how many people just slammed the girls and said o.o was the worst debut song ever.

i also saw ppl saying that lily's bridge in tank was the only good part of the song while also saying lily was the worst part of the song in o.o and that her high note was bad, her voice is bad, etc. you had the members on bubble talking down on themselves and their talents. also the constant "there is no way anyone actually likes this song" when it's a well known fact that music is incredibly subjective.

you had ppl making fun of the way jini danced, calling lily a visual hole, saying sullyoon was too pretty for her group/concept, making unnecessary comments about jiwoo, calling bae a filler member/talentless, etc. i rarely ever saw any actual praise for nmixx at that time.

moving on to entwurf era, i saw ppl begin to come around more to the mixxpop sound in dice and the "big wave, big wave" part went viral and got made into remixes on tiktok. however, ppl started bashing the group for copying aespa's next level when really jype/their management divison should've taken the blame. tbf tho, fans hating on a group for a company's mistake is a pretty common problem among kpop fans. cool your rainbow did get a lot of attention and praise which was very refreshing to see after debut era. it did get a bit annoying seeing ppl call cool their only good song tho, esp when it came from ppl who didn't even want to try and understand why someone might like their songs.

when young, dumb, stupid first got released it was almost impressive how fast ppl started making fun of the lyrics and rhythm. i mean it was immediate. this was also however when i noticed ppl asking where the nmixx change up was, where’s the switch, where’s the mixxpop, etc. i’m sure most of these were fans who liked nmixx’s concept but even seeing fans who weren’t rlly into the song was a bit disappointing. that’s not to say u have to like every single song ur faves release, that’s not what i’m saying.

once expérgo got released suddenly everyone is asking where mixxpop went and why did nmixx change their concept. i also saw some ppl saying the song was boring. which to me felt like an insane switch up, bc before it seemed like ppl were saying nmixx had too much going on and their songs sounded like 7 songs smushed together.

paxxword i saw a lot of ppl praise. my gosh, just did it, and home didn’t get much attention and seemed to be forgotten by most nswers and non-fans. i feel like expérgo was a significant turning point for nmixx as for me it felt like their music was starting to be more well received esp as they got their first win with lmlt. i think instead of placing multiple sounds into 1 song and instead stretching these diff sounds into multiple songs made the album a lot easier for others to digest. but it also feels like the trend of ppl saying nmixx had changed their concept and weren’t the same anymore had started up around this point.

roller coaster is one of my fav nmixx songs, it is such a good summer song. i did see a few ppl asking where the mixx was even tho, as we’ve seen with previous songs, not all songs will have a crazy switch. i did see ppl claiming plagiarism for this song, notably how roller coaster sounded like an early red velvet song (although i would argue a song reminding u of another artist’s work doesn’t automatically mean plagiarism, esp when red velvet songs are very versatile with their red and velvet sounds).

once party o clock got released, again it’s “where’s the mixx, it’s diff, their concept is changed” when party o clock is mixxpop! it’s just more palatable mixxpop, which is what ppl were originally complaining abt. their songs are too much and difficult to listen to. here is a toned down song that should be easier for those who had criticized o.o and dice, but now everyone wants that sound back. nmixx was dragged thru the mud for their early songs.

i have been an nswer since debut, before we were called nswers and were just “nmixx fans” and i love watching the girls grow and reach new successes. but, it’s frustrating seeing the constant negativity towards them and their music esp when their music has changed to be more suitable for a broader audience.

i think nmixx will continue with their more subtle mixxpop approach. this seems to easiest for them and it will allow for a larger audience to appreciate their music and group. i just felt like ranting a little bit and how some ppl can just never be satisfied. if after this many comebacks u still aren’t happy with the group (or any group for that matter), then at that point it might be best to steer away from the group and to stop keeping up with them.

have you noticed any of this or were u unaware of the responses to nmixx’s music? have u noticed something similar with other groups?