Nami Sano Author of "Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto" and "Migi & Dali" Passes Away at 36 Due to Cancer

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Stan BiSH

Kpop Stan
Credits

The official Twitter account for Kadokawa's Harta magazine revealed on Wednesday that manga creator Nami Sano passed away on August 5 due to cancer. Sano's relatives held a funeral on August 7 and 8. She was 36 years old.

The announcement noted that Sano passed away only a month after being diagnosed with cancer, and that she was in the planning stages of a new manga while battling the disease. The editors of Harta shared an excerpt from Sano's last letter, which reads: "This ended up being a fun life. I am now going to a more free world. Goodbye."

Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto was Sano's debut series. Sano launched the series in Harta in 2011, and ended the series in December 2015. Seven Seas Entertainment publishes the manga in North America, and the company released the fourth and final volume in July 2016. The manga inspired a television anime that premiered in April 2016.

Sano launched the Migi & Dali manga in Harta in July 2017, and ended it in November 2021. The manga's seventh and final volume shipped in December 2021. The manga is inspiring a television anime that will premiere in October.
-

she was diagnosed with cancer in July of this year and passed away just a month later, this is an excerpt from the last letter she wrote before passing away
"This ended up being a fun life. I am now going to a more free world. Goodbye."
that's really sad, being in the prime of your career and life and from nowhere being told that you just had a month to live

i read "Sakamoto de Suga?" when the manga was still being published, great series, is a comedy / slice of life about a high school boy that due to his looks and good manners becomes the target of thugs and seniors except that he is simply just too damn cool to be bullied, later it got an Anime adaption that is also definitely worth checking is really fun and wholesome

the news is also sad because another Anime adaptation of her works is set to debut in October

she was also working on a new manga

rest in peace