My J-Pop Recommendations (Girl Groups)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

churrykiss

girl group enthusiast
Author
Credits
I have been neck-deep in J-Pop the last week so I thought I would share some of my favorite finds with you!
1. My first recommendation is any of the HEROINES groups. HEROINES is a group consisting of several idol groups. My current favorites are twinpale, Yakousei Amuse, and Non¬Fiction.

2. Next, I suggest femme fatale. They are an idol group consisting of sisters Senritsu Kanano and Tonchiki Sakina. I love their concepts and cute voices! Kanano also makes solo music so definitely check her out too!

3. Although HO6LA's music hasn't been released to other countries yet, I already know they are going to be so good! Their debut minialbum drops on October 26th so check it out! They were formed and produced by Ichigo Rinahamu, a former member of CY8ER (who you should also listen to).

4. Finally, we have =LOVE. They are former HKT/AKB48 member, Sashihara Rino. I like all their music and their music videos always bring a smile to my face. They are worth a listen if you like AKB48 or IZ*ONE's Japanese tracks.

This is what I have for you today! I will continue to update this thread as I dive into J-Pop more. I know I am missing so many good groups so if you have any favorites be sure to add them!​

shoujo

Kpop Amateur
Credits
it’s so nice to see another person here (for a more recent post anyway) who’s interested in jpop and underground idols (aka basement idols?) like me!!! i'm always talking to myself about this on the internet, since it's hard to find intl fans of these groups T___T

i’ve been into jpop on/off for years, listening to music from the 48group, hello project, and other artists here and there, but for the past few months i’ve been super into underground groups! i love the ones you mentioned already (LOVE groups in heroines as well) but here's some others i like as well <3

1. blacknazarene! they're managed by babytracks and marvelous arc. this is the first underground group i really got into, and while they don't have many super recent releases (2 members left, 1 member went on hiatus, then they added 4 new members in late april of this year), but i like what they've released! their music is definitely more of a rock sound, no pop-y songs as far as i know! all of the members are super sweet, and some might recognize mikako (far right sitting down) from her modeling gigs, as she has worked with magazines like larme! some of my favorite songs by them are "first light," "officialfake," and "black supernova," but their other songs are also worth listening to!

2. odakei idol project! they're managed by liveplanet. this is an group produced by japanese artist oda keisuke (aka odakei) through the youtube show/series, "odakei idol project." not sure if this is going to be their permanent name, but for the time being this is their name! they are super new, as in they literally had their debut live just a few days ago (10/3/2021), and have mainly been performing cover songs by other groups but i'm looking forward to the original music they will release! they also have an official rival group formed with other contestants of the show who did not get to be in this group (i believe their name is "10th"), but not much news about them yet!

3. cinderella declaration! they're managed by pony canyon. they have a sister group as well called shrodinger no inu! compared to blacknazarene they're definitely more bubblegum pop, and their music is so fun and addicting to listen to! some of the beats on their songs are incredible. i also love their costumes, they're so pretty! my favorite songs by them are "nanakaimenowannpi-su" and "dokidokiha-tobi-tu"!

4. faky! they're managed by avex (rhythm zone) and not an idol group, but i thought i'd give them a shout out anyways! absolutely love their music and they are SUPER underrated. i think if you love kpop then you'd love faky! some of my favorite songs by them are "little more," "darlin," "antidote," and "the light," but all of their music is incredible!

i love these groups as well but they're a little more mainstream/widely known than the ones mentioned above!
1. morning musume (was super into them around 2012-2016)
2. perfume
3. juice=juice
4. angerme

churrykiss

girl group enthusiast
Author
Credits
it’s so nice to see another person here (for a more recent post anyway) who’s interested in jpop and underground idols (aka basement idols?) like me!!! i'm always talking to myself about this on the internet, since it's hard to find intl fans of these groups T___T

i’ve been into jpop on/off for years, listening to music from the 48group, hello project, and other artists here and there, but for the past few months i’ve been super into underground groups! i love the ones you mentioned already (LOVE groups in heroines as well) but here's some others i like as well <3

View attachment 59787
1. blacknazarene! they're managed by babytracks and marvelous arc. this is the first underground group i really got into, and while they don't have many super recent releases (2 members left, 1 member went on hiatus, then they added 4 new members in late april of this year), but i like what they've released! their music is definitely more of a rock sound, no pop-y songs as far as i know! all of the members are super sweet, and some might recognize mikako (far right sitting down) from her modeling gigs, as she has worked with magazines like larme! some of my favorite songs by them are "first light," "officialfake," and "black supernova," but their other songs are also worth listening to!

View attachment 59788
2. odakei idol project! they're managed by liveplanet. this is an group produced by japanese artist oda keisuke (aka odakei) through the youtube show/series, "odakei idol project." not sure if this is going to be their permanent name, but for the time being this is their name! they are super new, as in they literally had their debut live just a few days ago (10/3/2021), and have mainly been performing cover songs by other groups but i'm looking forward to the original music they will release! they also have an official rival group formed with other contestants of the show who did not get to be in this group (i believe their name is "10th"), but not much news about them yet!

View attachment 59789
3. cinderella declaration! they're managed by pony canyon. they have a sister group as well called shrodinger no inu! compared to blacknazarene they're definitely more bubblegum pop, and their music is so fun and addicting to listen to! some of the beats on their songs are incredible. i also love their costumes, they're so pretty! my favorite songs by them are "nanakaimenowannpi-su" and "dokidokiha-tobi-tu"!

View attachment 59791
4. faky! they're managed by avex (rhythm zone) and not an idol group, but i thought i'd give them a shout out anyways! absolutely love their music and they are SUPER underrated. i think if you love kpop then you'd love faky! some of my favorite songs by them are "little more," "darlin," "antidote," and "the light," but all of their music is incredible!

i love these groups as well but they're a little more mainstream/widely known than the ones mentioned above!
1. morning musume (was super into them around 2012-2016)
2. perfume
3. juice=juice
4. angerme
I've thought about making a profile for blacknazarene, I like the members a lot!

churrykiss

girl group enthusiast
Author
Credits
Bananalemon is super good, they're not like a "pop" group per se but they are sooo good
Bananalemon is so good. I'm sad their recent stuff isn't as popular. I think it's because they left their company and are on their own now. They even had to open a new YouTube channel.

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

♡💭ʏᴏᴜ’ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴄʜᴇᴍɪᴄᴀʟ ʜʏᴘᴇ ʙᴏʏ💭♡
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
Bananalemon is so good. I'm sad their recent stuff isn't as popular. I think it's because they left their company and are on their own now. They even had to open a new YouTube channel.
Really? I didn’t know that

aznmochibunny

Kpop Fan
Credits
I don't remember if they said why they left the company but I'm assuming it was probably mistreatment :/
If you're referring to R!NO, she left because she was more into dancing than being a singer. She's since gone on to create her own dance group. As for Lety, I believe it had to do with creative differences.