My 2022 Jpop year-end list!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Stan BiSH

Kpop Stan
Credits
i listened to over 500+ Jpop songs this year so i thought why not make a list with my favorites? i only included songs with MVs, i enjoy watching the videos and to me a good MV adds a lot to a song so i put a "penalty" to songs that don't have one

that is the main reason why some artists that i really like didn't make it to the list (usually in my main groups i like the B-sides better) in any case these still are some if not my favorite releases of 2022

WEDNESDAY CAMPANELLA - Edison

i've enjoyed all their releases so far but i have a soft spot for this one since it was Utaha's breakthrough song

Ado - New Genesis

i love ONE PIECE and i like Ado, if anything the only reason it isn't higher is because i haven't watched ONE PIECE RED yet

SANDAL TELEPHONE - ReviewPreview

SANDAL TELEPHONE are still underrated and they are still putting out great music

rurulu - Night dress

the most "indie" act in the list, they also have the honor of having the most unusual release of 2022

NECRY TALKIE - Kimi ha Inase na Girl

one of the most fun songs / videos of the year, always puts a smile on me

ps: Mossa did nothing wrong

GANG PARADE - Priority

2022 was a great year for GP, i look forward to what they have planned for 2023 in the meanwhile you may be interested in their 137 long song compilation album

ReoNa - Shall we Dance?

this year i became a big ReoNa fan and currently she is my favorite Anisong singer, not only the song is good but the video is excellent, a huge theatrical number

35.7 - Uso Uso Honto

my favorite rock song of the year

Hitsujibungaku - Hikaru Toki

i love Hitsujibungaku, to me they are not only one of the best artists in Japan but worldwide, everything that has their name is excellent, in Hikaru Toki case both the song and video are beautiful

and my top song of 2022

Kinopo - Brilliant Way Home

probably my post played song this year, i wouldn't necessarily say it is the best song of Japan this year since that would be subjective, that said is definitely my favorite, i love both the song and video, i just let it play on loop and i enjoy it every time

i'm expecting great things from Kinopo in 2023

Sunshiny_felix7

Makes my heart flutter
Editor
Author
Credits
Anri
✧ Brownie Boy ✧
Gaeul
I am not really into Jpop but Sandal Telephone , Shall we dance and Brilliant way home are awesome 👍

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
As I have only listened to 'Edison' before from the songs on your list, I checked out the remaining ones just now. 'Shall we Dance' has to be my favourite among them.

Stan BiSH

Kpop Stan
Credits
I am not really into Jpop but Sandal Telephone , Shall we dance and Brilliant way home are awesome 👍
not into jpop either but "night dancer" is so good
As I have only listened to 'Edison' before from the songs on your list, I checked out the remaining ones just now. 'Shall we Dance' has to be my favourite among them.
SANDAL TELEPHONE and Kinopo each released their first album some months ago, both are good!

while i'm interested in what everyone on the list has planned for 2023 the ones i'm particularly looking forward to are Kinopo and Rurulu, 2022 was barely their first year being active and they did pretty well

and "Shall We Dance?" is super cool, i recommend checking ReoNa's other releases from this year

i've not heard any of the songs on your list, but by favorite this year was rock paper scissors by faky

black ghost by hina and taki was rly good too
FAKY are pretty good too!

Stan BiSH

Kpop Stan
Credits
I really want to hear more from Kinopo
earlier this year i made a thread with info on Kinopo but since i forgot my Kprofiles password i wasn't able to post the thread here

this was from around June of this year so some links may be outdated

-

Kinopo are one of the most interesting new groups in the Jpop scene!
is barely been a month since i first heard of them yet in so little time they have proved to be extremely charming and interesting, i feel they are a group to keep an eye on

i think the best introduction to the group is their music, this was the first song i heard of them and is an incredibly fun and quirky song, half into 2022 i can say this is my favorite release of the year

to add more context on Kinopo, they are a six member idol group based in Kyoto, they debuted in late 2021 and started their activities in early 2022, they describe themselves as an "2.5D" group

the members are​
  • Koshimizu Miri (小清水美里) Vague Orange
  • Sakurane Ashita (桜寝あした) Bruise Purple
  • Mimori Mico (御守ミコ) Ice Pack Blue
  • Shiratama Iroha (白珠色葉) Artificial Red
  • Midori Kurumi (御堂莉くるみ) Abandoned Green
  • Kohanai Koharu (小花衣こはる) Undercooked Pink

the reason they describe themselves as a 2.5 dimensional group is for their way of interacting with fans that "blurs" the line between seeing them in your screen and watching them in person

first, they run a manga based on themselves, it can be read here

second, in the official website they have a permanent wall that displays fan art of the group

and third, they hold weekly streams where they simply go about their day while interacting with fans, if you like you can go interact with them during the streams, just a few weeks ago they held a 3 hour BBQ party with fans

pretty innovative!

my favorite member is Miri, they have stated they want to tour outside Japan

today they released a new MV, is pretty good, worth checking!

finally let me share some links of group

Site

Twitter

https://twitter.com/kinopo_idol

Tiktok

Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsh_X1HPkAQbahUHMHXeJGQ/videos