Kep1er Vocal Analysis [UPDATED since GALILEO Era]

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jangshinz

Kpop Stan
A quick ranking of each era with the Kep1er members based on live/raw vocals

Credits: VIVA MR REMOVED, proudlymoa

WA DA DA era:
1. Chaehyun (main vocal)
2. Youngeun (main vocal)
3. Yujin (lead vocal)
4. Bahiyyih (lead vocal)
5. Dayeon (lead vocal)
6. Xiaoting (lead/sub vocal)
7. Yeseo (sub vocal)
8. Mashiro (sub vocal)
9. Hikaru (sub vocal)

Up! era:
1. Chaehyun (main vocal)
2. Youngeun (main vocal)
3. Dayeon (lead vocal)
4. Mashiro (lead vocal)
5. Bahiyyih (lead vocal)
6. Yujin (lead/sub vocal)
7. Yeseo (sub vocal)
8. Xiaoting (sub vocal)
9. Hikaru (sub vocal)

We Fresh era:
1. Chaehyun (main vocal)
2. Youngeun (main vocal)
3. Dayeon (lead vocal)
4. Yujin (lead vocal)
5. Yeseo (lead vocal)
6. Mashiro (lead/sub vocal)
7. Bahiyyih (sub vocal)
8. Hikaru (sub vocal)
9. Xiaoting (sub vocal)

Giddy era:
1. Chaehyun (main vocal)
2. Youngeun (main vocal)
3. Yeseo (lead vocal)
4. Dayeon (lead vocal)
5. Mashiro (lead vocal)
6. Yujin (lead/sub vocal)
7. Bahiyyih (sub vocal)
8. Hikaru (sub vocal)
9. Xiaoting (Sub vocal)

Galileo era:
1. Chaehyun (main vocal)
2. Youngeun (main vocal)
3. Dayeon (lead vocal)
4. Yeseo (lead vocal)
5. Yujin (lead/sub vocal)
6. Xiaoting/Bahiyyih (sub vocal)
7. Mashiro (sub vocal)
8. Hikaru (sub vocal)

Overall ranking + analysis of each member voice + preferred vocal position:

P01. Kim Chaehyun
Preferred Vocal Position: Main Vocalist
Range: C3-C6
Voice Type: Light Soprano
Chaehyun is the group's best vocalist due to training in SM. She has a great technique and is one of the only members who can support. Her vocal tier is C+, which is similar to NMIXX's Lily and AESPA's Ningning who are both named as the vocal queens of kpop. Chaehyun is one of the only members who can support, and she also is one of the members who usually do not go out of tune. While she isn't as good as belting as Youngeun, she has a better technique which evens it out. She is clearly a main vocalist.

P02. Huening Bahiyyih
Preferred Vocal Position: Sub Vocalist
Range: F3-G#5
Bahiyyih is a tricky member to analyse. She is sometimes stable but also has a tendency for her voice to die off before finishing the note, as well as the fact that she goes out of tune. Her tone is quite interesting. We also don't have a lot of material from her since she does not receive a lot of lines. If she improves, I would definitely rank her higher.

P03. Choi Yujin
Preferred Vocal Position: Lead Vocalist
Range: E3-G5-G5
Yujin is able to take the parts of a main vocalist, but she does not need to be one in this group as there are others better than her. Her voice kind of sounds fragile, and while I thought she was a talented vocalist at the start I think she has regressed a bit. She got hype about her voice in CLC and while I like it, I don't think she is anything special. She can go out of tune sometimes, but she also can stay in tune and belt pretty well. She also has experience being with CLC. For these reasons I am willing to give her a lead vocalist position.

P04. Kim Dayeon
Preferred Vocal Position: Lead Vocalist
Range: Eb3-E5-G#5
Voice Type: Full Soprano/Mezzo
Dayeon always sounds stable live, which is a good factor. She has weight to her voice which makes her a full soprano/mezzo (her voice type is undetermined). Dayeon is one of the members who are consistently stable when performing live. She can hit the high notes well and she uses a decent technique.

P05. Seo Youngeun
Preferred Vocal Position: Main Vocalist
Range: F3-F5-B5
Youngeun is the other member deserving of main vocalist. She is one of the prominent belter a in the group and she can support similar to Yeji of ITZY. She has a tendency to go a semi-note off when singing sometimes, but overall she is an impressive vocalist. She is able to take the parts Chaehyun cannot sing.

P06. Kang Yeseo
Preffered Vocal Position: Lead Vocalist
Range: E3-F#5-G5
Yeseo is one of the prominent belters in Kep1er. She sounds somewhat supported when doing so. Her voice has some weight in it but not enough to become a mezzo. She has some training due to being the main vocalist in Busters ẞ, so she automatically places higher. However, she is nasally. I feel like some people underestimate Yeseo in terms of vocals, when she is one of the more prominent vocalists in Kep1er.

P07. Ezaki Hikaru
Preffered Vocal Position: Sub Vocalist
Range: E3-F5-C#6
Hikaru is more of a rapper and a dancer, so she sings averagely. She
sometimes sounds nasally, but is relaxed in the higher range parts. She lightens her mix well. Not much to say about Hikaru.

P08. Sakamoto Mashiro
Range: F3-Eb5-F#5
Mashiro has regressed since GP999. From her GP999 performances I would confidentially place her at 3rd place. Now, I'm not so sure. She has an airy quality to her voice that replaced the timbre that she had before. She sounds out of breath most of the time. I haven't really heard her sing relaxed yet. Hopefully she improves and shows us StableShiro from GP999.

P09. Shen Xiaoting
Range: Eb3-B5
Xiaoting has had an improvement in the latest era, Galileo. She can hit high notes, but she still sounds unstable and guttural(?) sometimes. Her placement sounds off.

Summary:
Chaehyun>Youngeun>>>Dayeon>=Yeseo>=Yujin>Bahiyyih=Mashiro=Xiaoting>Hikaru