Is a song by a kpop group sung in English kpop or pop?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Is a song by a kpop group sung in English kpop or pop?

• KPOP

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • POP

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
For me if there is not a single word of Korean then it’s pop. It doesn’t matter who’s singing it. For example, Japanese idols like Sana, Momo, and Mina sing songs in mainly Korean but they are considered kpop idols, not jpop ones.

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
I agree with what Tara said. When we consider Kpop idols who are not Korean, they are still considered as Kpop idols.
So, I think it is pop.

marsikk

Face of The Group
Credits
To be honest Idk and it's a very interesting question🤔, but I thing it's pop

K-fan_2003

𝐿𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒, 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓌𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝒹 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈
Credits
User Title Change
ON/OFF
Chocolate Cupcake
I think it is pop

pop made by a korean idol
Just like Kaachi and Exp Edition are considered Kpop even tho there are no korean members, it is becuse they sing/rap in korean

the only difference between k-pop and pop is the language barrier

http.yyanggii

𝐈 𝐠𝐨 𝐛𝐲𝐞 𝐛𝐲𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞
Author
Credits
The First
The Vision
Jacob
YangYang
My dad was listening to random music downstairs and then Ice cream by BLACKPINK came on but he wouldn’t say it’s Kpop.... so I have to ask the experts to know
I think it’s k-pop.
No matter what language the song is performed in it’s kpop if the group performing it is a kpop group. Actually no let me rephrase that, Any English song made/released/performed by a kpop group is still considered kpop, Japanese and Chinese songs by Kpop groups also sort of change their group as most kpop groups are also jpop groups.
You also have to take in mind that pop is a “sub genre” of kpop. K-pop isn’t just pop but pop, hip-hop, rap, edm, dance, etc.
So technically Ice Cream would be K-pop but also pop as it’s the other genre of the song and Selena Gomez is in the song (That’s my final answer)

escapism

٭*✰
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
✧ Captain Price ✧
Death Note
I think what makes a song kpop is the korean lyrics so a fully english song is more like a pop song but if it has korean lyrics then it's kpop. For example Ice Cream is kpop because there's Lisa's rap in korean and it's a Blackpink song (a kpop girl group) with Selena Gomez just featuring in it.