iKON Members Jay and Ju-ne Car Accident Could Lead To Charges

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
In the early hours of Monday morning 2 iKON members, Jay and Ju-ne were in a car accident which resulted in minor injuries to them and the driver.
The accident was caused by the car hydroplaning on the highway at around 3:40am.
It has been confirmed that the driver, an acquaintance who has remained unknown, was driving under the influence. Their blood alcohol level was above 0.08%, which is illegal, and resulted in the driver being arrested.
Currently the two iKON members are resting, and are being investigated for their part in the incident as well.
They could be found guilty of abetting the drunk driving, and either serve up to 18 months in jail or a fine of up to five million won ($4,100).
If you didn't know, abetting means that they had a role in the person committing the crime. So they could have encouraged the person to drive even though they are drunk or made them do it, disregarding their inebriation.

YG Entertainment released this statement:
“We sincerely apologise for the accident. We will conduct an in-depth internal investigation about it and take stringent measures (against those involved.)”

Here is a the link to a full article

What do you think about the whole situation?
For me, I can't really form a solid opinion or not as I don't know if they took part in the illegal act. But even then, driving under the influence is never okay, and has resulted in the deaths of thousands of people. So I hope at least the driver faces some kind of repercussion, despite the fact that nobody else was involved in the accident.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
It is possible that they were not aware of the driver being drunk. We do not know whether the person was with them, or just picked them up. We weren’t there and therefore cannot truly know, but DUI is not okay.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
It is possible that they were not aware of the driver being drunk. We do not know whether the person was with them, or just picked them up. We weren’t there and therefore cannot truly know, but DUI is not okay.
This happened months ago, and considering they're preparing for a comeback, i doubt they received a punishment or knew the driver was drunk.

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

♡💭𝚁𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚎💭♡
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
tbh i don’t really like ikon, but even if i did i still think they should’ve gone to jail for like a day or two. I mean i dont drink but i feel like you would be able to tell that someone is intoxicated
Yeah, you should definitely be able to tell if someone is under the influence, unless they can hold their liquor well. So the fact that they didn’t stop the person or if the person wasn’t with them and picked them up, they could have called someone else or declined. So yeah, I agree.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Yeah, you should definitely be able to tell if someone is under the influence, unless they can hold their liquor well. So the fact that they didn’t stop the person or if the person wasn’t with them and picked them up, they could have called someone else or declined. So yeah, I agree.
mhm! im just glad this was a while ago, hope they learned their lesson