[I NEED TO RANT] The blatant favouritism JYP is giving NMIXX

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

|pastel_storm|

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Disclaimer: This is not a diss post, I just need to post my feelings.

Soo...

NMIXX already has had quite a few releases and all of them are instant bops, from how successful O.O was to the cute vibes of Funky Glitter Christmas and Young Dumb Stupid. A bit after ITZY releases the pre-release Bet On Me, many MIDZYs have had mixed reviews on it, especially commenting on the MV. Lia is in a room with rags, Yuna is on a bus with posters of herself, Ryujin is in her bedroom, Chaeryeong is in this room with multiple versions of herself and Yeji is just running, the only scenes they share being the running scenes and the bus scenes(?). JYP doesn't need to spend that much to make a killer MV, take a look at NMIXXs MVs. In a short span of time, close to Bet On Me's release, NMIXX has produced 2 MVs. 2 MVS!!! Both of them are full of thought and individuality, especially Party O'clock MV. NMIXX's songs have a variety of lyrics not being restricted from a singular concept, while ITZY's songs are only about not fitting in and being yourself which I get is a good message but still can get boring after like 3 songs. Even TWICE's songs are just about love or liking someone, so why does NMIXX not have a restricted concept? NMIXX also has a lot of promotions, similar to TWICE and ITZY just after 2 years of debut(?). JYP wants to get more into the marketing, which I'm guessing. Out of the biggest kpop labels, HYBE has already debuted LESSERAFIM and NewJeans, both being popular and the latter inventing a new concept, y2k. Both groups are nothing special when it comes to vocals, which NMIXX excels in, but if you think there's a loophole there's not. YG is debuting BABYMONSTER soon, a group who received fame predebut because of the evaluation episodes, partly due to BLACKPINK's worldwide fame. The group have monster vocals that could challenge NMIXX'S. JYP now is putting all of his efforts into NMIXX so that he can capitalise the profits, especially since ITZY peaked very high into their debut and TWICE has been around for a long time.

What are your thoughts? What groups would you want me to analyse as well?

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
The MV comparison between ITZY and NMIXX is unfair. NMIXX has 2 MVs coming out of a single album with 2 songs, ITZY is having a 6 song mini album with 3 MVs. The promotions are just taking longer.
Personally as a Midzy I think the Bet On Me MV is one of their absolute best due to how deep the meaning is. I think the complaint about so many of their songs being about self love is a valid argument though. And like, if people don’t like the MV that’s all down to personal preference.

If I were to mention the contrast between ITZY and NMIXX atm I would focus on their promotions at the moment. This is a more fair comparison in my opinion.
NMIXX’s Rollercoaster and ITZY’s Bet On Me were released the same day.
Rollercoaster got a music video teaser while Bet On Me didn’t.
Rollercoaster was released on all streaming platforms the day it was released. Bet On Me wasn’t. This basically means that by the time Bet On Me is released on streaming platforms it won’t have that initial hype to boost it in the charts, despite the fact it was trending on YouTube.
I must admit, I think neither comeback is being well promoted as I just checked NMIXX’s Instagram page to ensure my claims would be valid and my original claim wasn’t. Neither of their Instagram pages have permenant posts promoting their individual comebacks, it’s all being promoted via story. And I can’t even see evidence that these stories are being saved.
NMIXX has been posting videos dancing to Rollercoaster and such on TikTok, despite being a bside pre-release. All of ITZY’s recent tiktok posts are just promotional videos for the rest of the comeback.

One thing we have to remember with JYP is it doesn’t function like other companies that I’m aware of. HYBE Labels for example is split into different sub-labels. This means the company that manages LE SSERAFIM is different from the company managing New Jeans, different from the company managing TXT, different from the company managing ENHYPEN. But they all fall under HYBE Labels. Within JYP, they have sub-divisions instead.
NMIXX, ITZY and TWICE aren’t being managed by the same teams, despite all being under JYP. NMIXX is under SQU4D whatever they’re called, while ITZY is under Div2.
So part of this “favouritism” is going to be differences in how each division is managing each group under them. This isn’t me defending this though because the higher ups of JYP should still be encouraging each division to effectively manage the groups under them.
Div2 is the team that used to manage GOT7. We all know what happened to them.
TWICE and Stray Kids are also under different divisions. None of these four groups are being managed by the same people.

Anyways, Div2 is sabotaging ITZY for whatever reason. They refuse to push the members individually, despite how viral they go whenever they are pushed individually (millions of views on tiktoks they have made for fun, Yuna’s U Go Girl performance going viral, all 3 of their AOTM as well as Mix & Max whatever it was called). They’re not promoting them properly. They’re not adapting to trends in Kpop which is causing casual stans to find their music boring. They refuse to let the members write their own songs despite the fact they’ve mentioned NUMEROUS times they want to write their own music (idk about Nmixx but I know Twice and SKZ both have writing credits).
It’s a shame.

Anyways I’m not necessarily saying you’re wrong for thinking there’s favouritism. I just wanted to share my personal perspective of where it’s seen

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
To me NMIXX is being treated exactly as, or even lesser than, ITZY was during their rookie years.
I think this happens with all junior and senior groups. The senior group has been around a few years and takes a bit of a back seat when a new one comes along and gains some hype. It may lead to the senior group having less frequent comebacks. But I think this also has to do with the group being more well known, so the company doesn't have to constantly promote them.
This just is a normal phenomenon for me.
Also, I wouldn't call all of nmixx's songs bops.
The public was very critical of OO and Tank and slightly more receptive towards Dice. Funky Glitter Xmas pretty much flew under the radar. Young Dumb Stupid and Love Me Like this seem to be their best received songs. And their most recent songs seem to be received as underwhelming from what I saw.
If you compare this to ITZY's title tracks, you could say that they received better treatment compared to Nmixx during their rookie years.
Jyp is obviously floundering with what to do with Nmixx after the mixxpop concept flopped so heavily.
Anyways, you have a good point and have the right to rant.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
To me NMIXX is being treated exactly as, or even lesser than, ITZY was during their rookie years.
I think this happens with all junior and senior groups. The senior group has been around a few years and takes a bit of a back seat when a new one comes along and gains some hype. It may lead to the senior group having less frequent comebacks. But I think this also has to do with the group being more well known, so the company doesn't have to constantly promote them.
This just is a normal phenomenon for me.
Also, I wouldn't call all of nmixx's songs bops.
The public was very critical of OO and Tank and slightly more receptive towards Dice. Funky Glitter Xmas pretty much flew under the radar. Young Dumb Stupid and Love Me Like this seem to be their best received songs. And their most recent songs seem to be received as underwhelming from what I saw.
If you compare this to ITZY's title tracks, you could say that they received better treatment compared to Nmixx during their rookie years.
Jyp is obviously floundering with what to do with Nmixx after the mixxpop concept flopped so heavily.
Anyways, you have a good point and have the right to rant.
I feel like most JYP groups have no idea what to do with themselves atm. I feel like all of them are losing their identity. At least in my eyes, all the main JYP groups I prefer their older releases to their new ones

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
I don't think that's exactly the case but it must be because of nmixx's fandom size.
Edit: I love NMIXX's songs, but idk what direction they're going. Maybe if they established their concept they could gain more engagement.

Rengya_Utoma

Maknae
Credits
Toradora!
Minori Kushieda
Dancing Panda
Winking Face With Tongue
I ain't reading allat, respectfully. I know I'm literally the biggest hypocrite because I write long posts too on a daily basis, but still