GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

What are your thoughts

• Idk

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I hope they leave

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I want them to stay mostly but they deserve better

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • I low key want to be selfish and have them stay

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Mussmellow

Kpop Fan
Somewhere where bankruptcy is the normπŸ₯²
Credits
β˜† Kep1er - WA DA DA [Ver. D] β˜†
β˜† Kep1er - WA DA DA [Ver. C] β˜†
β˜† SEVENTEEN - Rock With You [Ver. A] β˜†
β˜† SEVENTEEN - Rock With You [Ver. C] β˜†
So like my mom and I are EXO-Ls right. And she just brought it to my attention yesterday that EXO's contract is expiring next year.... bruh I almost cried. Most of the boys are in the military, Lay is stuck in China, and the boys haven't been producing as much music as they used to in the past few years. SM hasn't been treating them as the artists they are like for example EXO-SC. Sehun and Chanyeol have stated many times how their music is produced by them and SM doesn't seem to like that they are producing their own music cause have you seen the lack of promotion those two have gotten?. Like bruh. SM didn't handle the Chen issue well and the boys who came to defend Chen like their management should have were cancelled by k-EXO-Ls who felt "betrayed " πŸ™ƒπŸ˜‘ by a 29 YEAR OLD PERSON LIVING THEIR LIFE AS THEY SHOULD. Then the whole Chanyeol GF situation that we could all tell was fake not even being addressed and ofc those hateful so called fans still being pressed about it and not even supporting him and his music and upcoming movie. Like tf. Now that I realised that their contracts are expiring I low key high key panicked cause in all honesty how many of us expect the boys to renew their contracts after the mistreatment they've experienced over the years?. Like I want them to stay together but like SM does not deserve those boys. They've wasted so much talent by putting the boys in their basement

What are you your thoughts on the issue??

Iz*Grass

β™‘ 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇-π“ˆπ‘’π’Άπ“‡π’Έπ’½π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘” β™‘
Author
So like my mom and I are EXO-Ls right. And she just brought it to my attention yesterday that EXO's contract is expiring next year.... bruh I almost cried. Most of the boys are in the military, Lay is stuck in China, and the boys haven't been producing as much music as they used to in the past few years. SM hasn't been treating them as the artists they are like for example EXO-SC. Sehun and Chanyeol have stated many times how their music is produced by them and SM doesn't seem to like that they are producing their own music cause have you seen the lack of promotion those two have gotten?. Like bruh. SM didn't handle the Chen issue well and the boys who came to defend Chen like their management should have were cancelled by k-EXO-Ls who felt "betrayed " πŸ™ƒπŸ˜‘ by a 29 YEAR OLD PERSON LIVING THEIR LIFE AS THEY SHOULD. Then the whole Chanyeol GF situation that we could all tell was fake not even being addressed and ofc those hateful so called fans still being pressed about it and not even supporting him and his music and upcoming movie. Like tf. Now that I realised that their contracts are expiring I low key high key panicked cause in all honesty how many of us expect the boys to renew their contracts after the mistreatment they've experienced over the years?. Like I want them to stay together but like SM does not deserve those boys. They've wasted so much talent by putting the boys in their basement

I really want EXO to stay together and continue on as a group, but I really think that they can do so much better if they left after their contract expires. A situation like GOT7 or EXID would probably be okay. I just hope that they can reach their full potential even if they leave and/or disband.

Mussmellow

Kpop Fan
Credits
I really want EXO to stay together and continue on as a group, but I really think that they can do so much better if they left after their contract expires. A situation like GOT7 or EXID would probably be okay. I just hope that they can reach their full potential even if they leave and/or disband.
I feel the same. SM like to either sit on talent or overly exploit it. There is no in between and that's bad

Iz*Grass

β™‘ 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇-π“ˆπ‘’π’Άπ“‡π’Έπ’½π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘” β™‘
Author
I feel the same. SM like to either sit on talent or overly exploit it. There is no in between and that's bad
Yeah. I think in my mind, the best situation would be to stay together but move to another company or to disband and all go their separate ways on good terms (like GOT7).

K-fan_2003

πΏπ‘œπ‘œπ“€ 𝒷𝒢𝒸𝓀 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“ˆπ“‚π’Ύπ“π‘’, π“‰π’½π‘’π“Ž π“Œπ‘’π“‡π‘’ π‘”π‘œπ‘œπ’Ή π“‰π’Ύπ“‚π‘’π“ˆ
Credits
User Title Change
ON/OFF
Chocolate Cupcake

πŸ€” tbh I think exo will most likely stay with SM

OppaIsTrash

Kpop Expert
Website
twitter.com
Credits
β˜† SEVENTEEN - Rock With You [Ver. D] β˜†
Wonho
not an exo-l but thank god, that means kris luhan and tao will finally be free of sm right.

that said i think most if not all of exo will renew their contracts with sm. lay is maybe the wild card who i think might not renew. like i said i'm not an exo-l but i'm more or less aware of what's up, i'm not sure that i would say sm is mistreating them, at least not any more than usual. its pretty normal from what i see for groups to promote less as a group as they get older, plus they're going thru their awkward military enlistment phase. if they renew i don't doubt that once everyone has served they'll be a bit more steadily active (just judging from super junior's experience). my guess is sm will do what they can to get exo to renew.

escapism

٭*✰
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
✧ Captain Price ✧
Death Note
I dunno about you but I am still missing ot12 EXO πŸ˜”

escapism

٭*✰
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
✧ Captain Price ✧
Death Note
I'm still ot12 cause it's not like Kris, Tao and Lohan left with bad blood. They just saw how crappy SM was treating them.
I know right? I'm happy and sad for those three at the same time. Because of how badly they were treated but they're free now.

Mussmellow

Kpop Fan
Credits
not an exo-l but thank god, that means kris luhan and tao will finally be free of sm right.

that said i think most if not all of exo will renew their contracts with sm. lay is maybe the wild card who i think might not renew. like i said i'm not an exo-l but i'm more or less aware of what's up, i'm not sure that i would say sm is mistreating them, at least not any more than usual. its pretty normal from what i see for groups to promote less as a group as they get older, plus they're going thru their awkward military enlistment phase. if they renew i don't doubt that once everyone has served they'll be a bit more steadily active (just judging from super junior's experience). my guess is sm will do what they can to get exo to renew.
Though i do agree with the after enlistment thing i can't necessarily agree with the mistreatment part. I'm not just talking like physically and mentally mistreating them but talent wise. Cause like they underutilized the exo members. There was so much potential in that group honestly and SM sat on them. Like it all started when Lay left like it went downhill from there. Like how can you not allow a talented producer to produce their own music. Like it was basically in unspoken ultimatum, either you produce your own music and we don't promote you or you let us do your music and you get promotion. To leave your idol to undergo such hate as Chanyeol did over the fakest photos ever and say nothing is awful cause that is also leaking into his professional career where he is suffering. Kai was apparently used to cover a scandal and that's awful. They are people for crying out loud. Apparently if D.O and Xiumin hadn't asked we might've not gotten a comeback this year. When honestly like they did with Baekhyun could've recorded music then released it slowly or something. If they hadn't we would've not gotten a comeback for all we know forever if they don't renew cause when the other boys comeback their contract would've ended. It's almost like the BP situation. As someone who dedicated their lives to this business it's frustrating to be sitting and doing nothing. I'm just don't know anymore.

Oh no:((((( Exo deserves better

OppaIsTrash

Kpop Expert
Website
twitter.com
Credits
β˜† SEVENTEEN - Rock With You [Ver. D] β˜†
Wonho
Though i do agree with the after enlistment thing i can't necessarily agree with the mistreatment part. I'm not just talking like physically and mentally mistreating them but talent wise. Cause like they underutilized the exo members. There was so much potential in that group honestly and SM sat on them. Like it all started when Lay left like it went downhill from there. Like how can you not allow a talented producer to produce their own music. Like it was basically in unspoken ultimatum, either you produce your own music and we don't promote you or you let us do your music and you get promotion. To leave your idol to undergo such hate as Chanyeol did over the fakest photos ever and say nothing is awful cause that is also leaking into his professional career where he is suffering. Kai was apparently used to cover a scandal and that's awful. They are people for crying out loud. Apparently if D.O and Xiumin hadn't asked we might've not gotten a comeback this year. When honestly like they did with Baekhyun could've recorded music then released it slowly or something. If they hadn't we would've not gotten a comeback for all we know forever if they don't renew cause when the other boys comeback their contract would've ended. It's almost like the BP situation. As someone who dedicated their lives to this business it's frustrating to be sitting and doing nothing. I'm just don't know anymore.
i understand your perspective

taesshlong

Maknae
Website
luvsickluvr.carrd.co
Credits
Minisode1 : Blue Hour
The Book of Us: The Demon
Intak
VOICE: The Future is Now

i don't stan exo, and i haven't heard many songs, but from what i know, exo has been treated like shit ever since debut. and unfortunately, it's not just exo. sm is just a shitty company in general, which sucks cause their artists are amazing, just treated poorly.
i don't know if i can form a proper opinion since not knowing much about exo, but i'd rather them disband and be happy, rather than stay and get treated like shit.
exo is probably one of the most known kpop groups, and you'd think based off their popularity that they'd be treated pretty good, but like- no.
and it sucks that it takes multiple members to leave for fans to be like, "oh, they're being mistreated."
exo definitely isn't the first or most mistreated group, but they're still so- terribly mistreated? and i feel like it goes for every sm group. like yeah, sm isn't the only company to mistreat most, if not all of their idols, but they're definitely up there.
tw// death

it took 2 idol deaths, probably more i don't know of, many suings and abuse cases, and scandals from managment to realize, "oh wow they're not good at providing their idols, and actors/actresses what they need"
and to this day i see thousands of literal SM, like the company stans. like i get being a ____E stan, cause i'm a JYPE stan, meaning i stan majority of the groups/soloists under JYP, but i very much dislike jin-young himself.
anyway, i doubt that we'll see sm treat their idols with respect any time soon.

i really, really do wish the best for EXO and EXO-Ls though, i really understand how difficult expiring contracts feel, and mistreatment. i haven't witnessed a disbanding of a group that i stanned before disbandment, but i bet it's so, so difficult, especially if they're an ult and stuff.
i wish the best for exo-ls.

Ethel_Seo

Kpop Fan
Credits
17 Carat
Caratbong
Jun
The8
I'm an EXO-L (since I'm multifandom). I don't know what to say actually. I know how SM treats them. Get out from SM maybe the best choice for them, but I still want to see them together as a group. If there's an option like Shinhwa, I'll support them. What's the best for them, I'll support, even if that hurts :)

Mussmellow

Kpop Fan
Credits
i don't stan exo, and i haven't heard many songs, but from what i know, exo has been treated like shit ever since debut. and unfortunately, it's not just exo. sm is just a shitty company in general, which sucks cause their artists are amazing, just treated poorly.
i don't know if i can form a proper opinion since not knowing much about exo, but i'd rather them disband and be happy, rather than stay and get treated like shit.
exo is probably one of the most known kpop groups, and you'd think based off their popularity that they'd be treated pretty good, but like- no.
and it sucks that it takes multiple members to leave for fans to be like, "oh, they're being mistreated."
exo definitely isn't the first or most mistreated group, but they're still so- terribly mistreated? and i feel like it goes for every sm group. like yeah, sm isn't the only company to mistreat most, if not all of their idols, but they're definitely up there.
tw// death

it took 2 idol deaths, probably more i don't know of, many suings and abuse cases, and scandals from managment to realize, "oh wow they're not good at providing their idols, and actors/actresses what they need"
and to this day i see thousands of literal SM, like the company stans. like i get being a ____E stan, cause i'm a JYPE stan, meaning i stan majority of the groups/soloists under JYP, but i very much dislike jin-young himself.
anyway, i doubt that we'll see sm treat their idols with respect any time soon.

i really, really do wish the best for EXO and EXO-Ls though, i really understand how difficult expiring contracts feel, and mistreatment. i haven't witnessed a disbanding of a group that i stanned before disbandment, but i bet it's so, so difficult, especially if they're an ult and stuff.
i wish the best for exo-ls.
Exactly. I see no cap

Mussmellow

Kpop Fan
Credits
I'm an EXO-L (since I'm multifandom). I don't know what to say actually. I know how SM treats them. Get out from SM maybe the best choice for them, but I still want to see them together as a group. If there's an option like Shinhwa, I'll support them. What's the best for them, I'll support, even if that hurts :)
Yah. That's the least we can do for them

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Chen may also leave, which makes sense- He has a family now, and I think that it's okay if he leaves to be with his family. ^^
yeah, i agree. lowkey, i hope he does so that he can be with his family. if he wants to continue music, maybe he can sign with a company that allows him to pursue both.