editing message limit and deleting replies.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

kaiserkidds

Kpop Rookie
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Xiao Jun
uh, i hadn't realised there was only a certain period of which you could edit a message in a thread? so i was going through to edit message in my dongkiz thread as i finally got free time from college, but it said i couldnt. and i can't delete the replies so i can make new ones???

M

myheartizomg

I'm pretty sure there isn't? Have you tried reloading the page? You can always edit your posts unless it surpasses the 10000 characters :)

kaiserkidds

Kpop Rookie
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Xiao Jun
I'm pretty sure there isn't? Have you tried reloading the page? You can always edit your posts unless it surpasses the 10000 characters :)
i tried editing it and posting the edit, but it said "surpassed editing time frame (1440 minutes) and when i reloaded the page the editing button is missing from my posts :(

kaiserkidds

Kpop Rookie
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Xiao Jun
7daff1fc6ae06c71474e5435a94b1216.png

d69ca3bcc1ae2b1b1907cfab015a528f.png

this is what i mean :(

M

myheartizomg

i tried editing it and posting the edit, but it said "surpassed editing time frame (1440 minutes) and when i reloaded the page the editing button is missing from my posts :(
Thanks for the notification. I'll let the administrator know about it since I'm not aware so far of this feature and one of us will give you an answer as soon as we can! :)

kaiserkidds

Kpop Rookie
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Xiao Jun
Thanks for the notification. I'll let the administrator know about it since I'm not aware so far of this feature and one of us will give you an answer as soon as we can! :)
alright thank you :( i'd like to be able to finish and update my thread instead of having to make new posts for updates :( and not being able to edit when i was busy.

M

myheartizomg

alright thank you :( i'd like to be able to finish and update my thread instead of having to make new posts for updates :( and not being able to edit when i was busy.
I want to believe that you'll be able to do so too but we'll know for sure once the administrator takes a look at the issue ;)

Key

Forum Support
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Red Rose
Gold Heart Box
Cake Slice
Kino
@kaiserkidds
Yes, there is a one day limit for members to edit their posts, as we want to reduce the edits on posts as much as possible as each edited post is saved twice in the database, so it takes up double the space. If you still want to make changes in a thread/post after the first 24h, please write the text in a new post, without posting it, copy it and send it to a moderator and ask them to change your desired post (giving them the link of the post you want changed too).

kaiserkidds

Kpop Rookie
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Xiao Jun
@kaiserkidds
Yes, there is a one day limit for members to edit their posts, as we want to reduce the edits on posts as much as possible as each edited post is saved twice in the database, so it takes up double the space. If you still want to make changes in a thread/post after the first 24h, please write the text in a new post, without posting it, copy it and send it to a moderator and ask them to change your desired post (giving them the link of the post you want changed too).
alright! i will do that for my post today. I hadn't know that thank you for telling me!