Do You Prefer Calling Idols by Their Stage Name or Their Birth Name?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Do you call idols by their stage name or birth name?

• Stage Name

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Birth Name

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • It depends

Votes: 23 82.1%

• Total voters

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
For me it is a mix, but mostly their birth name. There are some idol that I end up disliking their stage name so I call them by their birth name, and the other way around. For example:
Not really a fan of The8, so I call him Minghao
I love Woozi's stage name, so I usually call him Woozi, not Jihoon.

To further this question, are there any stage names you absolutely love and others you just don't like?
I know I have a couple that I think are kinda cringy and some that I think are really fucking cool.

OppaIsTrash

Kpop Expert
Website
twitter.com
Credits
☆ SEVENTEEN - Rock With You [Ver. D] ☆
Wonho
personally i prefer to always use an idol's stage name. i actually feel a little uncomfortable sometimes using their birth names, just cuz i feel it's maybe a little too personal, and i know some idols don't like it. plus, using stage names helps avoid confusion (i still remember reading a tweet about haechan and thinking to myself "who the hell is donghyuck??").

offhand i can't remember any stage names i've found cringy, but i'm sure there are some stage names i like that others find cringy.
as far as stage names that i especially like...lol i also can't really think of any that especially stand out....i like them all lol

stanloona

CEO
Website
caijklm.carrd.co
Credits
Sakuma Ritsu
LOONA
Orbit Crown
I mean it really depends.

in skz I still call minho Jisung and Jeongin by their real names since I’ve known them since since hellevator and that was their original stage names I guess

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I interchange.
Usually I’ll use stage names however sometimes I use birth names.
I find it more... idk nice to call them by their birth names but since their stage names are what they’re always known by it’s more natural to call them stage names

marsikk

Face of The Group
Credits
I prefer they birth names 'cause there are many idols who has a very beautiful names. Personally I really like Han's & LeeKnow's real names Jisung & Minho also I like J-hope's real name Hoseok, but in fact I call these idols who don't use their birth name with their stage names I don't know why probably 'cause I'm used to calling them that.
But actually I prefer to call them with teir stage names

fvedolls

Band Manager
Credits
Depends. Like Jin of Lovelyz. Her birth name is Park Myung Eun. I wouldn’t be able to pronounce that or remember that. So I go with Jin since it’s more easier. But for names like HoSeok, Minho, Jeongin, and Jisung, they are more easier and many people use there birth names so I’m familiar with those.

loonatheworld !

ପ(๑•ᴗ•๑)ଓ chuu's guardian angel ♡
Credits
Pink Rose
Pink Bear Plush
✧ Weeekly ✧
Jeewon
if im talking to people who don’t know the members well i use stage names, but if im talking with people that stan the group i usually use birth names or nicknames

pocket_jinho

Face of The Group
Credits
St.Van
Jun
Jinho
Yeosang
It depends one who it is and how recently I've stanned them. For a lot of them my sister and have nicknames than we use, which I think there was a thread for a while back that my sister replied to.☺

Hai

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Chaeyoung
Woojin
Hangyul
Dino
it depends on the situation
if im already talking about skz then i would say jisung instead of Han
but if im randomly saying "omg han/ jisung is so cute/ funny" then i go with Han or else people are gonna b like "jisung?? which one?? NCT?? SKZ??"

Jessy_Kim_Off

Face of The Group
Credits
Xiao Jun
Hongseok
YangYang
Jacob
Some real names are difficult as well as stage names. So I go by Names, Stage Names, or nicknames.

It’s a mix, but if a idol has shown a preference for they’re birth name, like Rosé of Blackpink prefers being called Chaeyoung (her birth name), but other idols like LE NEVER get called by they’re birth name, so I don’t call them that. But most of the times I call them by group nicknames (Rosie, Jichuu, Kimberley Lipington)

itzmeguyz

Kpop Stan
Credits
If they're my ub group (exo), then I guess I call most of them by their birth names, but I usually call them by their stage names unless I sorta don't like their stage name (like The8, RM, Suga). btw, does anyone even call Taehyung V anymore (I feel like even non fans call him Taehyung)?