Didn't like at first -> Now you love & support him/her

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Nt1naM12

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Albedo/Kreideprinz
Beidou
Jungwoo
Lucas
Did you happen not liking a member(s) of your favorite groups and after learning more about him/her, you started loving and supporting him/her?
Actually it happened to me with:
NCT Jaehyun, Taeyong, Renjun, Kun & Hendery
1. Jaehyun: I was a bit confused cause I had mixed thoughts about him, but after a while I liked him and I still do.
2. Taeyong: At first I was scared a little because of his "cold" aura in MV.......now? I just keep adore him and say: "NCT's mama is a baby to my eyes (even though he's older than me 😅).
3. Renjun: Same reason with Jaehyun.
4. Kun & Hendery: Same reason with Taeyong (Hendery is now my bias in WayV 😂).
MAMAMOO Solar
To be honest when I watched Egotistic (my first MAMAMOO MV) she looked so serious and a bit angry? I guess she did it because the song is 🔥🔥 But after watching some bts(behind the scenes) videos or other MV she looked like a mature teenage girl 😂 (It suits her though if you agree ;)). Now I love her voice and the way she take cares the other members! ☺
EXID Hani
Although Hani has a nice personality and I really admire her, before I enter LEGGO (EXID fandom) I was thinking that she's a bit overrated........it's true in some way, BUT now I support her as much as I can along with LE, Hyerin, Jeonghwa & Solji. ❤
I can't remember anyone else for now. How about you? :)

Saffron

Kpop Fan
Credits
Joohoney
Xiao Jun
Shownu
Lucas
J Hope - I was so dismissive of Hobis talent and visual when I first started listening to BTS and now I love him. It makes me sad thinking how much I didn't like him for no reason.
Jeongyeon - That short hair threw me off her visual at first and she always seemed so sad in the earlier mvs but she's so beautiful and I just wasn't seeing her talent

There are probably more but I can't remember atm

piscesigh

Maknae
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Wooseok
Dean
Woodz
Jungwoo
HyunA
First time I saw her, I just thought "oh wow, she really wants to draw attention". Then, I started to listen to her music and informed myself about her story and my my, I absolutely love her and is one of my favorite female soloists.
EXO
I first got into kpop in 2015 with RUN by BTS so... You can... Imagine... Fanwars really got me and I just thought exo was overrated and that the fandom was really toxic. However, seeing a few videos exosexo if you know what I mean I fell in love with each of them, and listening to their songs really opened up my mind.
Heechul from Super Junior
Okay, hear me out, first time I even knew about him he just straight up sassied anyone with his dark sense of humor. This came as a shock to me and I didn't like it at all, but after I got into SuJu and saw how his personality really was and the masc he tends to wear at entertainment programmes just to make it "fun" and such, but he really respects all idols and supports them very much.
Kang Daniel (former Wanna One member)
Honestly, it wasn't even his personality but rather the way everyone treated him. Still, seeing him interact with Mark from NCT got me interested and turns out he's an actual softie and deserves all the love he can get. Golden boy indeed.

piscesigh

Maknae
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Wooseok
Dean
Woodz
Jungwoo
Did you happen not liking a member(s) of your favorite groups and after learning more about him/her, you started loving and supporting him/her?
Actually it happened to me with:
NCT Jaehyun, Taeyong, Renjun, Kun & Hendery
1. Jaehyun: I was a bit confused cause I had mixed thoughts about him, but after a while I liked him and I still do.
2. Taeyong: At first I was scared a little because of his "cold" aura in MV.......now? I just keep adore him and say: "NCT's mama is a baby to my eyes (even though he's older than me 😅).
3. Renjun: Same reason with Jaehyun.
4. Kun & Hendery: Same reason with Taeyong (Hendery is now my bias in WayV 😂).
MAMAMOO Solar
To be honest when I watched Egotistic (my first MAMAMOO MV) she looked so serious and a bit angry? I guess she did it because the song is 🔥🔥 But after watching some bts(behind the scenes) videos or other MV she looked like a mature teenage girl 😂 (It suits her though if you agree ;)). Now I love her voice and the way she take cares the other members! ☺
EXID Hani
Although Hani has a nice personality and I really admire her, before I enter LEGGO (EXID fandom) I was thinking that she's a bit overrated........it's true in some way, BUT now I support her as much as I can along with LE, Hyerin, Jeonghwa & Solji. ❤
I can't remember anyone else for now. How about you? :)
Also, I had the same experience with Jaehyun. I just feel like deep inside he is rather cocky/arrogant and knows how much power he holds... Still a prince, we love him.

M

myheartizomg

I wasn't very into Suga of BTS and Kihyun of Monsta X before.
Suga: I was actually afraid of him. I thought that he was very cold and he would not even take a joke
like that you had to be very careful around him if you needed your safety. But that was from the very beginning.
Kihyun: I've read old rumors about Kihyun being physically violent to females so I was very hesitant about him.

After getting to know them more I realized how wrong I was for not giving them all my love before :)

Nt1naM12

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Albedo/Kreideprinz
Beidou
Jungwoo
Lucas
HyunA
First time I saw her, I just thought "oh wow, she really wants to draw attention". Then, I started to listen to her music and informed myself about her story and my my, I absolutely love her and is one of my favorite female soloists.
EXO
I first got into kpop in 2015 with RUN by BTS so... You can... Imagine... Fanwars really got me and I just thought exo was overrated and that the fandom was really toxic. However, seeing a few videos exosexo if you know what I mean I fell in love with each of them, and listening to their songs really opened up my mind.
Heechul from Super Junior
Okay, hear me out, first time I even knew about him he just straight up sassied anyone with his dark sense of humor. This came as a shock to me and I didn't like it at all, but after I got into SuJu and saw how his personality really was and the masc he tends to wear at entertainment programmes just to make it "fun" and such, but he really respects all idols and supports them very much.
Kang Daniel (former Wanna One member)
Honestly, it wasn't even his personality but rather the way everyone treated him. Still, seeing him interact with Mark from NCT got me interested and turns out he's an actual softie and deserves all the love he can get. Golden boy indeed.
Now that you mentioned Hyuna and Heechul, I remembered that I had the same thoughts about them. But now I'm just a little bit anxious about Hyuna's future-I'll support her without saying-and Heechul I'm just relieved that he's actually like an old brother to other idols-of course I respect and support him. 😁

Nt1naM12

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Albedo/Kreideprinz
Beidou
Jungwoo
Lucas
I wasn't very into Suga of BTS and Kihyun of Monsta X before.
Suga: I was actually afraid of him. I thought that he was very cold and he would not even take a joke
like that you had to be very careful around him if you needed your safety. But that was from the very beginning.
Kihyun: I've read old rumors about Kihyun being physically violent to females so I was very hesitant about him.

After getting to know them more I realized how wrong I was for not giving them all my love before :)
I agree with you, both of them I believe they're introvert and when they feel more comfortable with their work-mostly-and the environment they work, they show their true selfs. ☺
To be honest Suga is my bias from BTS along with V! 😅

mashikyukyu

Maknae
Website
www.pinterest.ch
Credits
Dowoon
Seunghun
New
Woong
Yedam from Treasure 13
He was known as being the Ace of YG, so he was given a lot of attention throughout YG Treasure Box. I thought it was unfair to the other trainees bc the majority of the spotlight was given to these favorable trainees (Yedam included). But then I started to appreciate this many talents and recognized that he deserves the spotlight :)

Lay from EXO
I was uneasy with him at first because it was around the time when he started to miss out on EXO schedules (for political reasons) so I didn't see him as much as other members. It took me a while to appreciate him as the 9th member and now I love him sm ;)

Nt1naM12

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Albedo/Kreideprinz
Beidou
Jungwoo
Lucas
J Hope - I was so dismissive of Hobis talent and visual when I first started listening to BTS and now I love him. It makes me sad thinking how much I didn't like him for no reason.
Jeongyeon - That short hair threw me off her visual at first and she always seemed so sad in the earlier mvs but she's so beautiful and I just wasn't seeing her talent

There are probably more but I can't remember atm
Before learning more about J-hope I thought he was kind of weird, but now I just throwed this thought to the garbage and made a new Hopeful-I think you'll get what I mean-one! 😊

M

myheartizomg

I agree with you, both of them I believe they're introvert and when they feel more comfortable with their work-mostly-and the environment they work, they show their true selfs. ☺
To be honest Suga is my bias from BTS along with V! 😅
Another fun fact; I also used to think V of BTS was a very rude person when he was only lost/bored during an english interview. I had gotten this impression first time I watched a BTS interview on Ellen back in 2017 😅 It was the time I was just getting to know them.
As an introvert myself I realized that not long after and I completely agree with you ☺

Nt1naM12

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Albedo/Kreideprinz
Beidou
Jungwoo
Lucas
Yedam from Treasure 13
He was known as being the Ace of YG, so he was given a lot of attention throughout YG Treasure Box. I thought it was unfair to the other trainees bc the majority of the spotlight was given to these favorable trainees (Yedam included). But then I started to appreciate this many talents and recognized that he deserves the spotlight :)

Lay from EXO
I was uneasy with him at first because it was around the time when he started to miss out on EXO schedules (for political reasons) so I didn't see him as much as other members. It took me a while to appreciate him as the 9th member and now I love him sm ;)
Yeah, it's true that Yedam almost took all the spotlight, but I believe it happened because he has unique vocals-even though he's young-and people got amazed from this talent of his. :)
About Lay....I always loved him and still do! ❤

mashikyukyu

Maknae
Website
www.pinterest.ch
Credits
Dowoon
Seunghun
New
Woong
Yeah, it's true that Yedam almost took all the spotlight, but I believe it happened because he has unique vocals-even though he's young-and people got amazed from this talent of his. :)
About Lay....I always loved him and still do! ❤
very true ! but now i regret being uneasy around the two, i love them !
:omo:

piscesigh

Maknae
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Wooseok
Dean
Woodz
Jungwoo
Now that you mentioned Hyuna and Heechul, I remembered that I had the same thoughts about them. But now I'm just a little bit anxious about Hyuna's future-I'll support her without saying-and Heechul I'm just relieved that he's actually like an old brother to other idols-of course I respect and support him. 😁
Glad I wasn't the only one! I saw everyone loving them and I felt so wrong~
Thankfully, they showed me their best side and are such wonderful persons and artists. I'm also hoping that Hyuna will do well in her new career. Heechul is such a bright yet humble person, and I love how much he talks about some controversial things like mental illnesses and such... a woke king.

Nt1naM12

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Albedo/Kreideprinz
Beidou
Jungwoo
Lucas
Another fun fact; I also used to think V of BTS was a very rude person when he was only lost/bored during an english interview. I had gotten this impression first time I watched a BTS interview on Ellen back in 2017 😅 It was the time I was just getting to know them.
As an introvert myself I realized that not long after and I completely agree with you ☺
I think he was just anxious, cause I've seen that video too. Talking in another language you're not pretty good at and having a conversation, it's difficult.
Also I'm an introvert person too and I've seen some results from myself! Still working on it though! :LOL:

M

myheartizomg

I think he was just anxious, cause I've seen that video too. Talking in another language you're not pretty good at and having a conversation, it's difficult.
Also I'm an introvert person too and I've seen some results from myself! Still working on it though! :LOL:
Yeah poor baby he really was anxious back then, it's so nice that he has improved nowadays with his english 😃
That's even more beautiful! Fighting 🌹

Yifan

Maknae
Credits
Yuta
Jisung
YangYang
Doyoung
NCT : Taeyoung, Jaehyun, Jeno
Taeyoung - At first, I thought he looks rude and full of himself. He didn't smile or joke that often. But later I realized his real personality and he was like that before becoz of the pressure he had as the leader.

Jaehyun - I thought he is not that interesting and has a too straight face. But later realized he is much more interesting than I thought.

Jeno - I thought he is super boring and not interesting at all... Why didn't see it clearly before? No matter what others say, he is one of the most interesting members in the group. He is funny, cute, lovely and handsome. His personality is the best! I LOVE HIM SOOOO MUCH!!!!

Monsta x : Shownu, Kihyun, I.M
Shownu - He didn't smile or laugh that much and didn't joke. I thought he is full of himself because he is handsome. But later realized he is a really sweet person and saw so many sweet and kind things from him.

Kihyun - I liked him first, but had doubts and didn't like him like before bcoz of rumors (it's not that I believe rumors just bcoz someone say so, but I started to see him as a bad person.) But now I feel like even though he was like that before, now he is a good and a kind person.

BTS: suga
I thought he is too boring and rude. He didn't talk with members that much. and didn't even laugh with others. But later I started to understand him and saw crazy side of him

EXO: sehun
He didn't smile or laugh that much with others. and didn't even join other's jokes that much. But later I got to know that he was shy and started to understand his unique humor and weird side and now he is my bias in EXO <3

Dreamcatcher: gahyeon, handong
I thought they are boring (I can't believe I thought that about Gahyeon) and later I got to know about them more. and handong has become funnier now

Astro: Cha eunwoo
While others do crazy weird stuff, I saw he tried to maintain his image. I thought he is too full of himself and not interesting at all. But later realized he does so many crazy and funny stuff but a bit shy. (and trying to keep his actor image)

Fx: Krystal
I think I thought bad about her mainly bcoz of her character in "the heirs". But later got to know so many good things about her.

Nt1naM12

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Albedo/Kreideprinz
Beidou
Jungwoo
Lucas
NCT : Taeyoung, Jaehyun, Jeno
Taeyoung - At first, I thought he looks rude and full of himself. He didn't smile or joke that often. But later I realized his real personality and he was like that before becoz of the pressure he had as the leader.

Jaehyun - I thought he is not that interesting and has a too straight face. But later realized he is much more interesting than I thought.

Jeno - I thought he is super boring and not interesting at all... Why didn't see it clearly before? No matter what others say, he is one of the most interesting members in the group. He is funny, cute, lovely and handsome. His personality is the best! I LOVE HIM SOOOO MUCH!!!!

Monsta x : Shownu, Kihyun, I.M
Shownu - He didn't smile or laugh that much and didn't joke. I thought he is full of himself because he is handsome. But later realized he is a really sweet person and saw so many sweet and kind things from him.

Kihyun - I liked him first, but had doubts and didn't like him like before bcoz of rumors (it's not that I believe rumors just bcoz someone say so, but I started to see him as a bad person.) But now I feel like even though he was like that before, now he is a good and a kind person.

BTS: suga
I thought he is too boring and rude. He didn't talk with members that much. and didn't even laugh with others. But later I started to understand him and saw crazy side of him

EXO: sehun
He didn't smile or laugh that much with others. and didn't even join other's jokes that much. But later I got to know that he was shy and started to understand his unique humor and weird side and now he is my bias in EXO <3

Dreamcatcher: gahyeon, handong
I thought they are boring (I can't believe I thought that about Gahyeon) and later I got to know about them more. and handong has become funnier now

Astro: Cha eunwoo
While others do crazy weird stuff, I saw he tried to maintain his image. I thought he is too full of himself and not interesting at all. But later realized he does so many crazy and funny stuff but a bit shy. (and trying to keep his actor image)

Fx: Krystal
I think I thought bad about her mainly bcoz of her character in "the heirs". But later got to know so many good things about her.
When I first saw Jeno on videos, I thought he was a happy person with the best smile and smiley eyes in the world and that happened to be true.
Sehun I believe because he has the maknae position in the group, made him feel a bit cautious or anxious.
Krystal though.....I don't know why I still feel confused about her. :confused: