BTS May Be Able to Postpone Military Enlistment

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Recently South Korea's defense commission passed the "BTS Military Service Act".
It states that those who have achieved national status in the field of pop culture and art are eligible for a slight postponement in military service.
It would allow those who qualify to wait until they are 30 years old until they enlist.
The plenary session just needs to pass it for it to go into affect.
This would mean that BTS members could have an extra 2 years before enlisting. This is especially important for Jin, who will need to enlist fairly soon.

Something I've been thinking about is whether the members would take advantage of this new act. They seem quite intent on doing their service to their country.

What do you all think about this? And could other kpop idols qualify for it?

acat

Kpop Expert
Credits
Yeosang
Seungmin
Yunho
considering it's called "BTS Military Service Act" it would make sense if BTS did take advantage of it.
idk how I feel about it.... of course bts is the most popular group and are a huge money maker for South Korea but if bts are the only ones allowed to use this law it seems a little wrong cause it's obvious favouritism

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
considering it's called "BTS Military Service Act" it would make sense if BTS did take advantage of it.
idk how I feel about it.... of course bts is the most popular group and are a huge money maker for South Korea but if bts are the only ones allowed to use this law it seems a little wrong cause it's obvious favouritism
I agree

Spicey_Kpoper

Kpop Fan
Website
www.youtube.com
Credits
Xiao Jun
Sunoo
Sanha
Yeosang
I don't get why the petition was made...
BTS all agreed to go when they needed to go and like Jin is close to 30, he should go to get it out of the way.
Plus they just released an album and have like a million songs....they aren't really going anywhere.
I think if the idol wants to go then let them go *shrugs*
If they want to stall then hey go ahead, I just wouldn't want the idol to be pressured into postponement when they really don't want to....That's just my take oof

escapism

٭*✰
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
✧ Captain Price ✧
Death Note
No matter when the members will enlist someday, they've continuously said they will accomplish their duties so.......

person

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Dohyun
Keonhee
Joohoney
JinJin
I think that it's up to the idol to decide whether or not they want to go, but if only BTS can use it then I don't think they should because that isn't fair to other groups and can be seen as favoritism, but in the long run it's up to them.

strawkeeds

Kpop Rookie
Credits
tbh im not really in favor of this. i feel like there are also noble people who happen to not be idols but they still have to enlist .

acat

Kpop Expert
Credits
Yeosang
Seungmin
Yunho
Update
The "BTS Military Service Act" has been official passed by South Korea's National Assembly (They have a unicameral system) out of the 268 National Assembly Members, 253 voted yes, 2 voted against and 13 abstained.
It seems that BTS members will be able to apply for a postponement to their military service if they wish.
According to the law any 'accomplished artist' has the chance to defer military enlistment.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Update
The "BTS Military Service Act" has been official passed by South Korea's National Assembly (They have a unicameral system) out of the 268 National Assembly Members, 253 voted yes, 2 voted against and 13 abstained.
It seems that BTS members will be able to apply for a postponement to their military service if they wish.
According to the law any 'accomplished artist' has the chance to defer military enlistment.
Wow! I wonder if they will apply for postponement. And what other artists it could apply to.

lynch.

NOT EVEN GHOSTS ARE THIS EMPTY
Credits
User Title Change
User Title Change
✧ Emo Spongebob ✧
Username Change
many armys may be happy about this IMO if they want to enlist they should enlist, especially since they have said that they will go when they need to.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
many armys may be happy about this IMO if they want to enlist they should enlist, especially since they have said that they will go when they need to.
In South Korea it's super frowned upon for a man to not serve, unless they have a health issue.
It's a matter of honor and duty that men in SK are taught to have.
So idk, they may not.

lynch.

NOT EVEN GHOSTS ARE THIS EMPTY
Credits
User Title Change
User Title Change
✧ Emo Spongebob ✧
Username Change
In South Korea it's super frowned upon for a man to not serve, unless they have a health issue.
It's a matter of honor and duty that men in SK are taught to have.
So idk, they may not.
another factor is that their contract, they signed a contract that said they will remain under BigHit until 2026, so if they all go one at a time their contract would be almost expired by the time ot7 BTSis back. I personally think they should just go all together to same time and their career.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
another factor is that their contract, they signed a contract that said they will remain under BigHit until 2026, so if they all go one at a time their contract would be almost expired by the time ot7 BTSis back. I personally think they should just go all together to same time and their career.
Yeah I think that would be a smarter move if they want to focus on the group. But they might want to do more solo stuff too.
Anyways, I think most of the members would resign. And if one left Big Hit, they would still be considered a member of BTS.
Or they could all leave and form Jin Hit Entertainment, which I'm all for lol

acat

Kpop Expert
Credits
Yeosang
Seungmin
Yunho
yeah this law might not even change anything if they decide to enlist anyway. Plus it will only postpone Jin's enlistment by 2 years.