Blow My Mind [BTS // Park Ji-Min x OC]

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ParkHereJimin

Kpop Stan
Norwood, OH or Kim Seok-Jin's private jet
Website
www.twitter.com
Credits
JinJin
Shinwon
MJ
Choerry
So yeah, this is the same story as before, but I changed a few things. Chapter 1 is coming very soon, and I can't wait to see where this story takes me!

Synopsis: Lydia Hooper has been pen pals with a girl from Seoul named Ju Myong-Hui since middle school, and she finally gets the opportunity to meet her in person. When the two girls unite, Myong-Hui introduces Lydia to her famous cousin, Kim Tae-Hyung, and he and Lydia seem to take a liking to one another. But will this friendship eventually turn into something more? How will Myong-Hui feel when Lydia starts dating her cousin?

ParkHereJimin

Kpop Stan
Website
www.twitter.com
Credits
JinJin
Shinwon
MJ
Choerry
Chapter 1

Lydia

I moved hastily as I made my way to the security checkpoint at Knoxville International Airport, as my flight to Seoul was to board in less than two hours. I would’ve left the house way earlier, but there was a last-minute emergency with the girl who was supposed to watch my baby daughter, Eliana, and I ended up having to take her with me.

Thankfully, the lines at security and customs weren’t very long, and I was done with each procedure in five minutes flat.

But I still had to make it to the gate.

My heart racing almost as fast as my legs, I dashed towards the gate for Seoul, arriving just in time for my section of the plane to be called. I got in line and, when it was my turn, made small talk with the attendant as she checked my boarding pass and passport.

“Do you have family in Seoul?” she asked.

“Not exactly, but I am visiting someone,” I said. “I’m meeting my middle-school pen pal in person for the very first time!”

“Oh, wow! I had a pen pal in high school, but we don’t talk anymore. I’m impressed! Have a wonderful time!”

“Thank you.”

Seventeen hours later, the plane touched down on the airport in Seoul. The local time was reported as 7:53 pm, and the temperature was 67 degrees. When the signal came on, we all got up and prepared to get off the plane and go to our respective destinations. The first thing I did at the terminal was to call Hyun-Ae to let her know I was here.

“Annyeong?” she said when she answered. Hyun-Ae has taught me a few Korean phrases, so I immediately understood this as Korean for “hello”.

“Hey, this is Yu Hyun-Ae, right? You told me to call you when I got into town.”

“Ne, I am Hyun-Ae. This is Lydia?”

“Yep! Are you going to pick me up, or should I call a cab?”

“I pick you up. Give me few minutes, okay?”

“Will do! What kind of car should I look for?”

“Hyundai Elantra, silver. I honk when I arrive.”

“Oh, okay! Later!”

“Annyeong.”

By the time I finished with Korean customs and retrieved my bags, Hyun-Ae had already gotten to the pickup area. When she got out, I noticed Hyun-Ae had put highlights in her hair, brightening her dark brown hair to a dark blond.

“Lydia-yah!” Hyun-Ae called, waving me over. I approached her car, and she offered to put my suitcase in the trunk. “I been counting days.”

“Me too,” I admitted. “I hope you don’t mind me bringing my daughter; her sitter backed out last minute.”

“No, it’s fine! I love babies.”

I buckled Eliana into her car seat, sat next to her, and Hyun-Ae got into the driver’s seat and started driving towards her house.

“How old is daughter?” Hyun-Ae asked.

“Eight months,” I said. “Her name is Eliana.” I took a moment to look around as we drove through the city. The sky was pitch dark, but the streets were illuminated by streetlights and light coming from windows. “This cityscape is pretty!”

“Yes, it is,” Hyun-Ae agreed. “Is Knoxville pretty?”

“Yeah, you could say that. What’s Seoul like during the day?”

“Very busy; a little like New York City, but more crowded.”

Hyun-Ae’s house was a small cottage in the suburbs. The street was lined with bonsai trees, and the houses were very pretty. When she parked, we went inside with my bags and sat down on the couch to chat.

“How’s your family?” I asked.

“We’re good,” Hun-Ae replied. “I tell you I have famous cousin, yes?”

“Oh, really?” I leaned in to indicate that I wanted to hear more details.

“Yes, he is Park Ji-Min of BTS. You know them?”

“No, not really. Are they a K-pop group?”

“Yes! I highly recommend you listen to them, because they’re very good. I meet Ji-Min for lunch tomorrow; will you like to join?”

“Oh, sure! Is he cute?”

“Yes… or at least his fans think so.” Hyun-Ae giggled. “He has great personality, too.”

“Cool! I’ll look forward to meeting him.”

ParkHereJimin

Kpop Stan
Website
www.twitter.com
Credits
JinJin
Shinwon
MJ
Choerry
Thank you!

Chapter 2

The next day, Hyun-Ae and I went to a casual restaurant not too far from the house. When we got there, Hyun-Ae pointed out that Ji-Min was waiting for us outside. He did indeed look very handsome, with short blond hair, dimples, and a dazzling smile.

As we approached, Ji-Min got up from his seat on a bench, bowed in front of us, and gave Hyun-Ae a hug. Then, they had a brief conversation in Korean, which I assumed was an introduction because my full name was mentioned.

“Lydia, this is my cousin, Park Ji-Min,” Hyun-Ae said to me when they finished.

“Nice to meet you, Ji-Min!” I said, shaking his hand.

Ji-Min bowed again and said, “The pleasure is mine, Lydia. You are from America?”

“Yeah, from Tennessee.”

Ji-Min’s dark eyes widened. “Oh! That is long flight. How you do?”

“I slept for most of the flight, and then I slept in this morning. Let’s go in; I’m starving!”

The three of us entered the restaurant, where everyone was speaking Korean to each other. When we got her attention, the hostess said something in Korean, and Hyun-Ae responded. Then, we followed her to a booth next to the window and gave us menus. As I looked over mine, I was relieved to see that the Korean-written items were accompanied with English translations.

“What looks good to you?” Ji-Min asked me.

“Hmm…” I said, still perusing the menu. Then, a picture caught my eye depicting a delicious-looking steak dish. I pointed it out to Ji-Min.

“Oh, very good choice!” Hyun-Ae commented. “That is Korean barbecue steak. You will love it!”

“Well, barbecue steak it is, then!”

A moment later, a waiter came to take our orders, and after we placed them, we continued our conversation.

“So, Ji-Min – are you a cousin on Hyun-Ae’s mom’s or dad’s side?” I asked.

“My dad’s,” Hyun-Ae replied. “He’s the oldest son of my dad’s sister; Ji-Min also has a younger brother named Ji-Hyun.”

“Cool! I also have a brother, as well as two sisters.”

“What are their names?” Ji-Min asked.

“My sisters are Rachel and Caroline, and my brother Caleb is Caroline’s twin. Where did you grow up?”

“I am from Busan, on the southeast coast. I later moved to Seoul for my band.”

I smiled, as I’m a real sucker for guys in bands. “Oh, you’re in a band?”

“Yes, with six others. We are Bangtan Sonyeondan, or BTS.”

“You HAVE to check them out!” Hyun-Ae chimed in. “They sing and rap in both Korean and English, and they also dance.”

“Awesome!” I said. “What do you do in the band?”

“I’m one of four vocalists,” Ji-Min said. “The other three rap.”

“How did you become a band?”

“Our record company held auditions for a new boy group back in 2010. I really didn’t think I would be in, because lineup change several times. We start in June of 2013, so we been around for a long time.”

“Oh, wow! I can sing, too, but only in English. I couldn’t rap to save my life, though.”

Our food came, and we started eating while we talked.

“How you like steak?” Ji-Min asked me as he watched me take my first bite.

“Mmm…” I said as I chewed the savory steak and swallowed. “Very good; thanks for the recommendation! What are you eating?”

“It’s called kimchi. It’s made with Korean noodles, meat, and vegetables; mine has chicken.”

“Can I taste it?”

Ji-Min placed a sample of his kimchi on my plate, and I picked it up and started chewing. It was a little too spicy for me, so I spat it out.

“What is wrong?”

“Too spicy,” I said, taking a swig of water. “Y’all must like spicy.”

Hyun-Ae laughed. “We do!”

“What do you like to eat in America?” Ji-Min asked.

“We usually eat things like hamburgers, pizza, hotdogs, and lots of other things. We’re a melting pot, really, so we like all sorts of foreign cuisines, too – mainly Mexican.”

“Like what? Like… tacos and stuff?”

“Yeah! There’s also something called a quesadilla, which is a tortilla with cheese filled with your choice of meat, usually chicken or beef.”

“That sound yummy!”

The conversation continued through the rest of the meal, and afterwards, Ji-Min gave Hyun-Ae a hug before she and I went back to the house.