BigBang's T.O.P Receives Backlash On Instagram For Supporting 2NE1's Reunion

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

escapism

٭*✰
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
✧ Captain Price ✧
Death Note
Rude international netizens flooded BigBang T.O.P's instagram with hate comments after he openly celebrated 2NE1's reunion stage in Coachella 2022.

1650244864-inshot-20220418-051038650.jpg

T.O.P updated his Instagram stories by sharing a screenshot celebrating his longtime friends 2NE1's stage comeback in Coachella 2022.
More specifically T.O.P shared a tweet from a popular Twitter account for pop music news. As usual, he blurred YG Entertainment artist name "BLACKPINK." This isn't a surprise move for T.O.P's fans, as he's been staying away from posting any related news or post about YG Entertainment or their artists for years now. YG Entertainment artists likewise have been staying away from posting about T.O.P, especially BLACKPINK, as they never posted anything about BIGBANG's last comeback, unlike all other YGE artists and workers
1650245477-screenshot-20220418-013121-instagram.jpg

However some international Blinks didn't take T.O.P's actions that well....
1650245802-inshot-20220418-053550292.jpg
1650245802-inshot-20220418-053608822.jpg

1650245802-inshot-20220418-053624916.jpg
1650245825-screenshot-20220418-015103-twitter.jpg

1650245825-screenshot-20220418-015717-twitter.jpg

However some fans defended T.O.P saying there's nothing wrong with what he did.
1650245939-screenshot-20220418-050330-instagram.jpg

1650245939-screenshot-20220418-050341-instagram.jpg

As a result, T.O.P deleted his story, and these rude people went on Twitter trending #bigbangdisband #bigbangflop and 'FVCK YG FAMILY.'

Source: allkpop //

escapism

٭*✰
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
✧ Captain Price ✧
Death Note
Surprising? No. As always embarassing? Yes. This was so uncalled for.
And it's so funny when they comment stuff like "Blackpink is paying your bills" cos it just screams how newbies they are into kpop... if it wasn't for Big Bang or 2NE1, YG Ent. wouldn't have the resources and leverage to expand regionally, even more globally. They're not called "kings of kpop" for nothing.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
2NE1’s reunion has NOTHING to do with Blackpink omfg. I’m sorry Blinks of the forums I’m sure you’re all lovely but I swear why is it whenever anything happens it’s ALWAYS BLINKS.
Yes. Blackpink was the first kpop group to perform at Coachella. That’s an amazing achievement. But 2NE1 and BP are not the same group. And no one is obliged to talk about BP when celebrating 2NE1’s reunion. No one is erasing their achievement.
And I know it’s not only Blinks who have this mindset, because I’ve seen other fandoms see praising of other idols as an insult to their idols. But still. Everyone needs to chill out. Crossing a name out isn’t worthy of death threats. How immature

wildchild

Kpop Fan
Credits
Love Letter
Pigeon Plush
Rude international netizens flooded BigBang T.O.P's instagram with hate comments after he openly celebrated 2NE1's reunion stage in Coachella 2022.

1650244864-inshot-20220418-051038650.jpg

T.O.P updated his Instagram stories by sharing a screenshot celebrating his longtime friends 2NE1's stage comeback in Coachella 2022.
More specifically T.O.P shared a tweet from a popular Twitter account for pop music news. As usual, he blurred YG Entertainment artist name "BLACKPINK." This isn't a surprise move for T.O.P's fans, as he's been staying away from posting any related news or post about YG Entertainment or their artists for years now. YG Entertainment artists likewise have been staying away from posting about T.O.P, especially BLACKPINK, as they never posted anything about BIGBANG's last comeback, unlike all other YGE artists and workers
1650245477-screenshot-20220418-013121-instagram.jpg

However some international Blinks didn't take T.O.P's actions that well....
1650245802-inshot-20220418-053550292.jpg
1650245802-inshot-20220418-053608822.jpg

1650245802-inshot-20220418-053624916.jpg
1650245825-screenshot-20220418-015103-twitter.jpg

1650245825-screenshot-20220418-015717-twitter.jpg

However some fans defended T.O.P saying there's nothing wrong with what he did.
1650245939-screenshot-20220418-050330-instagram.jpg

1650245939-screenshot-20220418-050341-instagram.jpg

As a result, T.O.P deleted his story, and these rude people went on Twitter trending #bigbangdisband #bigbangflop and 'FVCK YG FAMILY.'

Source: allkpop //
This is lowkey funny (not the fact that he's getting hate comments) but rather the hate comments themselves. like, buh.... some of these fans really need to chill out. All he did was show his support for his co-workers. But once again, this just proves that I don't think there will ever be a time when fans can leave idols alone-

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
good god...it's at times like these i feel ashamed to be a blink 😑 top isn't even in yg anymore, nor are any of the 2ne1 members. they don't want anything to do w that company anymore, and that's understandable. blinks of all ppl should know that yg screws their idols over. if i had to guess, they've probably suffered some kind of trauma due to yg ent; i would. him blurring out bp's name means literally nothing other than he doesn't wanna associate w yg. some ppl need to grow up, smh

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
wow, yes, because calling for people to harass and send someone death threats is sooo great.
2NE1 are his friends. I don't support him, but why should we care if he's supporting his friends? And acting like Blackpink is "paying his bills" is so hilarious, they only made it because of Bigbang and 2NE1. Toxic Blinks act like Blackpink literally made k-pop. Really? Stop playing yourself. Blackpink would never had become successful if not for all of the successful 1st-2nd gen groups. Seo Taiji & The Boys? Started the whole genre of k-pop. Go crawl back into your hole, fake Blinks. We all know you're, like, ten, anyways. /g /nbh /nay

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
wow, yes, because calling for people to harass and send someone death threats is sooo great.
2NE1 are his friends. I don't support him, but why should we care if he's supporting his friends? And acting like Blackpink is "paying his bills" is so hilarious, they only made it because of Bigbang and 2NE1. Toxic Blinks act like Blackpink literally made k-pop. Really? Stop playing yourself. Blackpink would never had become successful if not for all of the successful 1st-2nd gen groups. Seo Taiji & The Boys? Started the whole genre of k-pop. Go crawl back into your hole, fake Blinks. We all know you're, like, ten, anyways. /g /nbh /nay
nah, bc the whole "bp is paying his bills" argument is so funny bc he's not even in yg ent anymore, and bigbang money helped fund blackpink's debut

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
nah, bc the whole "bp is paying his bills" argument is so funny bc he's not even in yg ent anymore, and bigbang money helped fund blackpink's debut
Exactly. Toxic Blinks (because there are so many sweet blinks on here who are not a part of that, and most of the toxicity comes from like.. ten year olds) be like: "Omg Blackpink and BTS are, like, what made k-pop big and they made k-pop" Honey, no. SNSD. Kara. G.O.D. S.E.S. Sechskies. Shinhwa. (The S Names. Lol) These groups made k-pop, BTS and Blackpink just followed in their footsteps.

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Exactly. Toxic Blinks (because there are so many sweet blinks on here who are not a part of that, and most of the toxicity comes from like.. ten year olds) be like: "Omg Blackpink and BTS are, like, what made k-pop big and they made k-pop" Honey, no. SNSD. Kara. G.O.D. S.E.S. Sechskies. Shinhwa. (The S Names. Lol) These groups made k-pop, BTS and Blackpink just followed in their footsteps.
exactly. as a blink (and more specifically, a blackpink ult), we don't claim those kids lol. idky some ppl find it so hard to just...have basic human decency.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
yeah, you're right. i feel like a dinosaur saying this, but i rlly do remember when kpop didn't have such toxic fandoms
No, I feel like that too. And it's not just in k-pop. I feel like as we continue, our generation is just getting more entitled. The freshman at my school, a lot of them are dramatic and think the world revolves around them. And I want to reiterate, that it's not everyone. There are plenty of younger people on here with common sense, that are very nice /nbh

moonlight

지유
Staff member
Credits
Cat Chasing A Heart
Cat Yawn
i feel like people are forgetting that 2ne1 and big bang collab on a song 👀 do people remember the song??
also why talk about Blackpink when he was celebrating 2ne1 like wtf.... just bc he blurred bp's tag 👀 woooooow petty

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
No, I feel like that too. And it's not just in k-pop. I feel like as we continue, our generation is just getting more entitled. The freshman at my school, a lot of them are dramatic and think the world revolves around them. And I want to reiterate, that it's not everyone. There are plenty of younger people on here with common sense, that are very nice /nbh
right! like, ik for a fact that i wasn't like that as a freshman

Gwacekpop2

Band Leader
Credits
Tip Toe Pusheen
Sunoo
Excited Cat
✧ JEI (Xiaoting) ✧
Imagine being this petty over ur ult's group name.

T.O.P was just supporting his friends, 2ne1, and they're not even in YG nor do they want to be associated in any way with YG. Toxic Blink's (or toxic fans in general) are really just a bunch of children who whine when they don't get what they want.

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
Why would people act toxic and angry over someone's friendship? We all know the 1st and 2nd generation kpop groups made the path for Kpop and they are known as the kings and queens of kpop for a reason. These toxic Blinks are so immature and as a result of their rude remarks, the girls lose the good stans in the fandom. This is so disappointing!