APINK's Naeun Leaves Play M Entertainment + Other Members Renew Contracts

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
Play M Entertainment announced that Naeun had left the agency after the her contract ended. The other five Apink members have renewed their contracts with Play M Entertainment.

Agency's official statement:
"Hello, this is Play M Entertainment.
We have recently renewed our contracts with Apink’s Park Chorong, Yoon Bomi, Jung Eun Ji, Kim Namjoo, and Oh Hayoung.
The five members who have been with the company for the past 10 years have all decided to renew with the company based on our mutual faith and trust. We will provide unsparing support so that the five members can actively carry out their activities.
After a deep discussion with the members and the agency, Son Naeun has decided not to renew her contract in order to pursue her new dream. We respect Son Naeun’s decision, and we will genuinely support her new future ahead. We express our gratitude to Son Naeun who has stayed with the company for a long time.
Although Son Naeun unfortunately will not continue with the agency, all six members have equal love for the team, so we are planning to continue a positive and cooperative relationship regarding this.
Moving forward, all six members will stay as Apink and continue promoting as a team both together and separately. Apink is preparing an album as a full group for their meaningful 10th debut anniversary this year. Please cheer on and support Apink, who will continue to show their best with this new beginning."

Ilgan Sports reported that Naeun is in discussion to join YG Entertainment, and a source from YG Entertainment stated that, “We are positively in talks.”

What are your thoughts regarding this?

Naomi

❤ VIC10TION ❤
Credits
Bugs Bunny
Subin
Byungchan
Hanse
As long as she stays in the group I don't mind. Not that PlayM is any good to Apink.. but YG is not really best at treating their artists too so 🤔

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
even with their new CEO the company isn't good. we all know YG only "stepped down" to save face in the media, he's still controlling the company. right after announcing him stepping down, he has been caught going back to the building regularly.
But last year, there was a little change in YG, because BP and Treasure got their 1st full albums, Rose made her solo debut and even iKON had a comeback recently, but not sure what will happen in the future. Not even Winner had a comeback recently. When considered of the past events regarding YG, they can't completely be trusted.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
At least she’s still in Apink

Naomi

❤ VIC10TION ❤
Credits
Bugs Bunny
Subin
Byungchan
Hanse
The conclusion: Talking about YG Ent is not really a good topic to discuss specifically and finish the discussion lol
I am not a agency stan or anything.
I just really want whats the best for her since it's a change for Naeun after 10 years being with PlayM. I do agree though YG ent is doing better recently and if she really ends up signing with YG I hope to see more of her ^^

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
Update:
Naeun opened up about her decision to make a fresh start, posting about it on her Instagram.

"Hello, this is Apink’s Son Naeun.
I debuted when I was 18 years old, and already, 10 years have flown by.
Looking back, it’s because of the excessive love and support I received that the 18-year-old Son Naeun who sang “I Don’t Know” was able to grow up so much and become the 28-year-old Son Naeun of today. It’s also because of that love and support that I was able to spend those days so happily, to the point where I couldn’t have asked for anything more, while always feeling grateful.
I sincerely thank the [Apink] members, Pandas [Apink’s fandom], Play M family, and staff who were with me during that time, in addition to many other people. I want to inform you of the decision I made after careful discussions with the [Apink] members and our agency.
For a brief time, we will each be on our own, and we will also always be able to gather again and show you good things as Apink, with one heart and the same goal. So please show a lot of support for Apink, who will shine even brighter in the future!
Leaving the family with whom I have spent over 10 years with and making a fresh start in a new place feels unfamiliar to me as well, so I am very worried, but I will work hard so that I can become a Son Naeun who takes another step forward in terms of growth and development!
Thank you!
You’re my shining star
If I have you, I’ll never falter
Please always stay by my side
You’re my shining star
My feelings towards you will never falter
I’ll stay by your side forever"

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
Update:
Naeun Officially Signs With YG Entertainment As Actress
YG Entertainment announced, “We are happy to be joined by the multi-talented Son Naeun. As Son Naeun is facing an important period in which she is making a new start as an actress, we will provide our full support so she can display her full capacity.”