Any anime similar to Death Note?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ashxxq

avi ★
Editor
Author
Credits
AE-BEAM
Gaeul
Asexual
Can y'all recommend animes similar to death note and that are not so long but still good? Im interested in psychology/murder cases or supernatural
<3

Stan BiSH

Kpop Stan
Credits
"Zankyou no Terror" (Terror in Resonance) was pretty good, is also a psychological thrill with the main characters trying to keep their alternative identities secret while outsmarting authorities, the main characters are in the same age range as Light and have similar traits to him although the goals and dynamics of the main characters are pretty different

is also only 11 EPs long and is on Crunchyroll

MV5BNjdhYzY0M2QtODgwZi00NDg2LTliNDQtMzA4ZTMzMzQ0MGEyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3OTEyODI1._V1_.jpg

that or if you haven't watched "Code Geass" then you probably should, Code Geass is more action focused and fantastical than Death Note but they share tons of similarities and in my opinion Code Geass is the superior of the two

135088l.jpg

also "Durarara!!" it has a little of everything you mention but with the plus that there are multiple plot lines featuring the different groups of main characters, is pretty cool how a lot of the mysteries and stories end being connected to each other in one way or another

MV5BNjZjMjcyYjAtOTE5Yi00YmUwLWIzZDctZTg2YjQ3NGM4ZmFlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzgxODM4NjM@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

Tachibugi

Kpop Groupie
Website
mantistachibugi.carrd.co
Credits
Yeosang
Hyunseung
Sato Ryuga
Komagine Kiita
58IhjAFrHSTN0CQFlBbQxdXwxLe.jpg

One of my all-time favs has a kind of similar concept, it's called Jigoku Shoujo (or Hell Girl). It's about a website that opens at midnight and you can write a name of someone you wish to kill on there, it's about different stories of different characters and some hit really hard it's so good. And it's called Hell Girl because a girl will then visit you and give you a vodoo doll and if you pull the string, the person you wrote down will be sent to hell. The catch is that after you die (for whatever reason, because everyone's gonna die at one point), you'll go to hell too. So you have to carefully decide whether it's worth it or not.
It has multiple seasons and other than the individual people visiting the site, you'll also get introduced to the people of hell, the ones managing everything and they all have their backstory and characters, it's just really great :]
And I absolutely LOOOVE the soundtrack. It's by the same composer who did my other fav anime's soundtrack (Shiki) and I didn't even know for like several years 😭
I also really love the art style, although I am not the biggest fan of the change in the newer season to a more mainstream/modern anime style approach of it, but the essence of it at least is still there. Happened to Rozen Maiden too </3