҉  Official Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
Kpop stans are such performative activists. Very sick of kpop stans preaching "protect minors in kpop!" until it is actually time to do so. Somehow, Cookie by Newjeans is one of their most popular songs, Class:y exists, and the hate train against IVE is excused. All because kpop stans say what they mean, which is they do not care for minors in kpop. We already knew this though 😒

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Kpop stans are such performative activists. Very sick of kpop stans preaching "protect minors in kpop!" until it is actually time to do so. Somehow, Cookie by Newjeans is one of their most popular songs, Class:y exists, and the hate train against IVE is excused. All because kpop stans say what they mean, which is they do not care for minors in kpop. We already knew this though 😒
No coz literally. Yknow I’ve seen one singular fandom prove to a company they’re serious about what they mean and that’s orbits. And like. I’m so glad that orbits were able to stand up for the LOONA members because let’s face it companies are shit they don’t care about fair working wages or worker rights or anything and they abuse their power. But the thing is, they’re the only single fandom I’ve seen put their own wants and wishes aside for the better treatment of their idols. Heck even im guilty that I haven’t boycott groups I’ve wanted to because I just want to put my wants above that. Cookie should have been boycott. My Teenage Girl should’ve been boycott. Fever by Enhypen should’ve been boycott. These are all instances of young teenagers being put into compromising positions which yes most of their consumers don’t have harsh intentions but there are those out there who do. I mean, I personally don’t like Cookie anyway thank god so I don’t have an issue here. But I like CLASS:y’s songs, and I like Fever, and I also know that if I decide to stop listening to these songs as a message against their companies for debuting children and (not so much in CLASS:y’s case but Fever yes) putting them into uncomfortable scenarios, my message will never get across, because there’s still thousands of other people who don’t want to take that stance also. As soon as ADOR gave their “it’s a translation issue” excuse so many Bunnies were like ITS THE ANTIS’ FAULT.. and like.. they think they’re protecting NewJeans and defending NewJeans but they don’t realise they’re putting them in more danger. Same with the other two examples. Coz by protecting those behind them, they start to learn they can get away with it, and then more companies also start doing it too. And then it never ends

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
No coz literally. Yknow I’ve seen one singular fandom prove to a company they’re serious about what they mean and that’s orbits. And like. I’m so glad that orbits were able to stand up for the LOONA members because let’s face it companies are shit they don’t care about fair working wages or worker rights or anything and they abuse their power. But the thing is, they’re the only single fandom I’ve seen put their own wants and wishes aside for the better treatment of their idols. Heck even im guilty that I haven’t boycott groups I’ve wanted to because I just want to put my wants above that. Cookie should have been boycott. My Teenage Girl should’ve been boycott. Fever by Enhypen should’ve been boycott. These are all instances of young teenagers being put into compromising positions which yes most of their consumers don’t have harsh intentions but there are those out there who do. I mean, I personally don’t like Cookie anyway thank god so I don’t have an issue here. But I like CLASS:y’s songs, and I like Fever, and I also know that if I decide to stop listening to these songs as a message against their companies for debuting children and (not so much in CLASS:y’s case but Fever yes) putting them into uncomfortable scenarios, my message will never get across, because there’s still thousands of other people who don’t want to take that stance also. As soon as ADOR gave their “it’s a translation issue” excuse so many Bunnies were like ITS THE ANTIS’ FAULT.. and like.. they think they’re protecting NewJeans and defending NewJeans but they don’t realise they’re putting them in more danger. Same with the other two examples. Coz by protecting those behind them, they start to learn they can get away with it, and then more companies also start doing it too. And then it never ends
Preach bestie, preach
No matter how much you boycott Cookie, the best solution is take action for the group to change management, even if ADOR stops giving them suggestive lyrics they're still under the management of HYBE and Min Heejin. It's very sad because both Class:y and Newjeans girls are putting their souls into their groups, and Class:y is such a good group but as you said it's not ethical to debut 2008 liners.

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
I don't think I'm the only one, but I'm not sad for Chuu.
She's raising her voice against the company who mistreated her and put her into debt while keeping her career as a singer, she even said she prefered not to be in LOONA anymore, she just stayed for her peers. Chuu deserves all the support in the world, specially now, and if she wins the lawsuit I will be even happier for her and loona.

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
Omega X’s debut title track was mediocre. Their b-sides from the album are way lot better than that.

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
I don't think I'm the only one, but I'm not sad for Chuu.
She's raising her voice against the company who mistreated her and put her into debt while keeping her career as a singer, she even said she prefered not to be in LOONA anymore, she just stayed for her peers. Chuu deserves all the support in the world, specially now, and if she wins the lawsuit I will be even happier for her and loona.
you are so right. why would i be sad that someone is no longer under a slave contract?

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
It's very cute when male idols stand up against misoginy but it doesn't mean a thing as long as female idols are able to do so without getting critiziced (aka never). Let's remember when that Apink member had a phone case that said "girls can do anything" and she got a LOT of hate from korean males. When male idols say things to defend women, they barely get a negative comment. We need more demonstrations from female idols, like Joy's shirt, because male idols supporting "feminism" isn't really any form of protest. Female idols standing up is rare yet in need to get normalized.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I’ve never seen a group with a no skip discography. Ever. Every group has at least one skip. The only exception is MAYBE groups that are fresh out the womb and haven’t had a chance to develop a decent sized discography yet. But once you have a certain amount of releases, one of them is gonna be a flop song I’m sorry. Just how it is. It doesn’t have to even be a goddamn awful song. Just boring and not something I’d choose to play

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
this isn't rly an opinion, but i didn't know where else to put it. i'm gonna give got the beat positions, just for fun

boa: leader, main dancer, lead vocalist, rapper, center
taeyeon: sub-leader, main vocalist
hyoyeon: main dancer, vocalist, rapper
seulgi: lead dancer, lead vocalist
wendy: main vocalist, rapper
karina: main rapper, vocalist, visual
winter: lead rapper, lead dancer, vocalist, maknae

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
I can't be the only one who hears Haruto's part in Darari as "S.coups me miss, I L.O.V.E.Y.O.U"
e3136e52f3e41df619ba1d8bc6dded3f.jpg

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
I like EPEX, but all of their title tracks except one (AOTS) have been by far mediocre/terrible. although anthem of teen spirit (song wise, NOT the concept) was very promising and that’s the only TT I like from them so far (also that song is a boppp). So then I was expecting them to release another TT that I would like ever since then.
Then they released Hymn to Love (their latest cb) aaaand it got more worse… (another terrible one woooo /sarc)

Btw anyone that thinks that Lock Down is one of the best debut songs is a liar. The chorus is extremely lacklustre and overall 100000% plain basic/underwhelming - and I’m personally not a fan of the fact that it’s filled with 80% rapping.

Also, some of their b-sides are always twice as better than their title tracks - but then there’s only like 1 to 3 b-sides that I like from each of their albums.
(‘Cyanide’ & ‘The Vow’ though ✨✨😍😍👌🏼👌🏼)

Last edited:

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
(don’t attack me pls..)
CIX makes better music than EPEX (edited: and the majority of the other bgs). Ok byejsjsjdjsjsk

Last edited:

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
tbh i dont see bts's hype like
theyre literally such a normal group why are they so big- sorry armies 😭
not an army but they are normal, that's the appeal. they're not overdoing anything. they don't really need to do anything extra. the normal group thing could be said about any group.

except blackpink, they never comeback and yg doesn't give them kpop idol activities for some reason??