҉  Official Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
So the first one is more of a confession and the second one is more of a theory but I decided I’d dump them both here anyways. I’m also going to elaborate more on the 2nd (I’d get killed if I elaborated on the 1st)

1. Sometimes I just don’t feel sad a group disbanded because I prefer their post-disbandment activities anyway

2. I feel like sometimes kpop stans enjoy when their faves are being treated unfairly.

I can say this one has some truth because that’s how I felt at least. I know that sounds awful so I want to say it wasn’t the unfair treatment I enjoyed, but the attention that I and the idol got whenever I spoke about how unfairly they were treated. Certain fandoms for both idols/groups ALWAYS seem to have something to say about how their idol is mistreated, and to me a lot of it seems to be sympathy farming and potentially gaining new stans through it.
I would hope this doesn’t apply to idols who are genuinely being abused, and not just getting 2 seconds less lines than another member

sua.lel.bora

Kpop Fan
Credits
Chaeyoung
Monday
Weeekly's main dancers are good, and Monday IS good at dancing. It's just that their competition (ppl like Itzy) are just TOO GOOD.

The Monday part bc I'm sick of ppl leaving her out of Main Dancer Line just coz she didn't do the 'Naughty' cover with Soojin and Soeun.

sua.lel.bora

Kpop Fan
Credits
Chaeyoung
Monday
this isn't an opinion, but it's abt smth that's notorious among kpop stans.

what is cultural appropriation? can someone explain because for some reason, i can't seem to comprehend google's definition, or understand it (i'm eleven i have a small brain don't judge.)

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
this isn't an opinion, but it's abt smth that's notorious among kpop stans.

what is cultural appropriation? can someone explain because for some reason, i can't seem to comprehend google's definition, or understand it (i'm eleven i have a small brain don't judge.)
cultural appropriation is when you misuse, mock or disrespect a culture. take for example when ppl use a culture for "aesthetic purposes" without actually respecting it.

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
cultural appropriation is when you misuse, mock or disrespect a culture. take for example when ppl use a culture for "aesthetic purposes" without actually respecting it.
cultural appeciation is the opposite when some appreciates the culture and the ppl of the culture are ok with it. take for example with henna which is primarily a thing in middle eastern and indian tradition im speaking as an indian person im not speaking for the while community but i personally am ok with other ppl from other cultures putting it on. and from what i know most ppl from india are ok with it and actually happy with other ppl putting it on. so yea if have any other questions abt cultural appropriation or appreciation let me know

sua.lel.bora

Kpop Fan
Credits
Chaeyoung
Monday
cultural appeciation is the opposite when some appreciates the culture and the ppl of the culture are ok with it. take for example with henna which is primarily a thing in middle eastern and indian tradition im speaking as an indian person im not speaking for the while community but i personally am ok with other ppl from other cultures putting it on. and from what i know most ppl from india are ok with it and actually happy with other ppl putting it on. so yea if have any other questions abt cultural appropriation or appreciation let me know
ahhh ok i get it! i mean, i still don't know why its so disrespectful, but maybe that's coz i live in a country where cultural appropriation doesn't exist. i'll probably understand it more when i grow older and get to travel more ^^ but i understand ur explanation :)

sua.lel.bora

Kpop Fan
Credits
Chaeyoung
Monday
ahhh ok i get it! i mean, i still don't know why its so disrespectful, but maybe that's coz i live in a country where cultural appropriation doesn't exist. i'll probably understand it more when i grow older and get to travel more ^^ but i understand ur explanation :)
Thanks so much :]

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
1. As someone who stans some nugu, stanning sugu doesn't make you special.
2. Blackpink should disband. All the members are making their ways, it's a 1000 year wait for a group comeback and sometimes I forget that the girls are in the same group. No hate.
3. Hyuna's music and even Hyuna herself are overrated.
4. Dreamcatcher IS (a bit) underrated. But it has nothing to do with it's number of wins.
5. If Dreamcatcher disbands I'm gonna be truly sad because the ones who came with the concept are their managers, not the members. We need more music like that.
6. The fact that an idol is a producer too doesn't make their music good.

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
Ok some more
1. Visual position is subjective
2. I hate the "let TxT suffer" like just because some groups did doesn't mean they have too.
3. If everyone is iconic then no one is
4. GP999 was scripted specifically for the chinese contestants to lose
5. A lot of people hate aespa (and many other groups) instead of critizicing it
6. Some international fans aren't getting rid of double standards in kpop like they say to do
7. Calling (G)I-DLE "5-idle" is not funny
8. Stanning isn't exahusting
9. Most kpop idols are very humble with their fans because they are told to
10. I only worry for the vocals of the main vocalist, but if all the members have amazing vocal abilities I will give them a stan
11. We should see a difference between artists and social media influencers
12. SM does support the LGBT+. The fact that it doesn't have artists out of the closet doesn't mean it's a conservative company.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
This is less of an opinion more of a fact ✨

No one wants nugu groups to become successful.
Case in point: BTS

People want their groups to be secure. In a position where they won’t disband at any second, and get to see good achievements. Fans say they want their groups to gain loads of fans and achieve world domination, but as soon as their groups start to get bigger and bigger it’s always I WAS HERE BEFORE THEY WERE SUCCESSFUL. And then once they become so successful everyone just forgets their nugu origins, no one wants them to achieve anything because they “always win”

In other words. Kpop fans hate successful people

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
This is less of an opinion more of a fact ✨

No one wants nugu groups to become successful.
Case in point: BTS

People want their groups to be secure. In a position where they won’t disband at any second, and get to see good achievements. Fans say they want their groups to gain loads of fans and achieve world domination, but as soon as their groups start to get bigger and bigger it’s always I WAS HERE BEFORE THEY WERE SUCCESSFUL. And then once they become so successful everyone just forgets their nugu origins, no one wants them to achieve anything because they “always win”

In other words. Kpop fans hate successful people
i'll never understand that mentality. secret number, a grp i've liked since debut, just managed to escape nugudom, and i am beyond happy for them; saying "i'm so proud, i watched them grow" is a much more mature, positive mindset that ppl could choose to have instead. and while blackpink was certainly never nugu or even close, they're a big 3 grp, but there was a point in time where they weren't as insanely successful/popular as they are now, and i've stanned them from the beginning - and now that they're huge, i have no urge to try and gatekeep them from newer fans who just want to enjoy the music and members. so basically, kpop fans hate successful ppl bc they're immature and (oftentimes) jealous lol

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
how do they support the lgbt+ /genq
I don't remember many songs and statements, but Wish Tree is one of them. In that opinion I didn't meant that all of their idols support it, but rather that they are ok with making songs abt it
Oh and also Yeri's "Love sees no color" outfit
And I almost forgot that Tiffany Young showed her support for the community and said SM had no problem with it

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
i'll never understand that mentality. secret number, a grp i've liked since debut, just managed to escape nugudom, and i am beyond happy for them; saying "i'm so proud, i watched them grow" is a much more mature, positive mindset that ppl could choose to have instead. and while blackpink was certainly never nugu or even close, they're a big 3 grp, but there was a point in time where they weren't as insanely successful/popular as they are now, and i've stanned them from the beginning - and now that they're huge, i have no urge to try and gatekeep them from newer fans who just want to enjoy the music and members. so basically, kpop fans hate successful ppl bc they're immature and (oftentimes) jealous lol
Yeah! Ofc there’s going to be fans who support their faves no matter what, and even with big groups who were successful from the beginning there’ll be fans who show off how long they’ve been in the fandom. I just find it funny how fans will be like Awh I feel so sorry for this group they have so few fans I hope they get successful one day, and then no one cares about them when they do get successful 😭

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
I don't remember many songs and statements, but Wish Tree is one of them. In that opinion I didn't meant that all of their idols support it, but rather that they are ok with making songs abt it
Oh and also Yeri's "Love sees no color" outfit
oh, okay, thanks!

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
Yeah! Ofc there’s going to be fans who support their faves no matter what, and even with big groups who were successful from the beginning there’ll be fans who show off how long they’ve been in the fandom. I just find it funny how fans will be like Awh I feel so sorry for this group they have so few fans I hope they get successful one day, and then no one cares about them when they do get successful 😭
right! they just wanna feel special for stanning nugus ig lol

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
y'all need to stop w the whole “x company is the worst” and then it’s just that your faves aren’t promoted enough or some shit when there are literally companies that have been documented abusing their idols, some of it on camera. the entertainment pascal sexualized stellar so much that it gave them ptsd; star empire made minor members of 9muses physically ill w how much they sexualized them, kicked a girl out of the grp for being late to practice after being in a car accident the company caused, and was filmed slapping a member in the face; ts entertainment left trcng in a dorm w poor heat in winter, no space, water damage, didn’t pay the bills so that their electricity and water were cut off and when the members inevitably got sick, they refused to pay their hospital bills, broken lighting, only 1 working toilet for 10 ppl (that a member’s mother had to pay to fix), no air in summer (again, the members and their mothers paid to fix this), physically assaulted them, a staff sending an underage member to an illegal entertainment bar, and ofc, didn’t pay them properly. and there are more companies that i didn’t name, as well as more actions from these companies i didn’t list. oh, and if you’re interested, there’s a bbc documentary abt star empire, and a shorter version

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
y'all need to stop w the whole “x company is the worst” and then it’s just that your faves aren’t promoted enough or some shit when there are literally companies that have been documented abusing their idols, some of it on camera. the entertainment pascal sexualized stellar so much that it gave them ptsd; star empire made minor members of 9muses physically ill w how much they sexualized them, kicked a girl out of the grp for being late to practice after being in a car accident the company caused, and was filmed slapping a member in the face; ts entertainment left trcng in a dorm w poor heat in winter, no space, water damage, didn’t pay the bills so that their electricity and water were cut off and when the members inevitably got sick, they refused to pay their hospital bills, broken lighting, only 1 working toilet for 10 ppl (that a member’s mother had to pay to fix), no air in summer (again, the members and their mothers paid to fix this), physically assaulted them, a staff sending an underage member to an illegal entertainment bar, and ofc, didn’t pay them properly. and there are more companies that i didn’t name, as well as more actions from these companies i didn’t list. oh, and if you’re interested, there’s a bbc documentary abt star empire, and a shorter version
I will never forget what happened to 9muses