How I've Been Learning Korean.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

cntrljinsung

Kpop Groupie
Author
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
So my biggest issue is laziness and time management but when I was following this system it was truly working. That’s why as of today I know a small amount of the Korean language.

His name is Billy and he has lived in South Korea for 8 years or so and then returned to the USA to teach what he has learned. He was the most effective in my learning by his YouTube videos and then later buy chance I bought 3 of his books without knowing it was him. The cool thing about it is the books and videos go hand and hand, step by step with each other. I originally used a big notebook to learn with him (the same way when I was teaching myself Japanese) but now I use all 3. Book for explanation and reference, videos for an audible retention method and then my own notebook as a back up: writing the material from the video and the book to drive the entire lesson home. While the book has end of section/chapter quizzes.

The last thing I did was writing out all the words from the section I was learning on index cards and tapping them to the wall in order from learning them, then later moving them all around the room for me to better understand what I was reading rather than knowing what the list of words were in order.

Another thing we all have to learn to do is stop trying to learn the Korean language through Kpop. I know that that is one of the reasons why we want to learn it but it’s not all that helpful in the long run to learning the language.

Those are some of my experiences, I hope this helps you out in some way!
51iyuRWhDQL.jpg51+rkv0+npL._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg51Dgj4HxOCL._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
So my biggest issue is laziness and time management but when I was following this system it was truly working. That’s why as of today I know a small amount of the Korean language.

His name is Billy and he has lived in South Korea for 8 years or so and then returned to the USA to teach what he has learned. He was the most effective in my learning by his YouTube videos and then later buy chance I bought 3 of his books without knowing it was him. The cool thing about it is the books and videos go hand and hand, step by step with each other. I originally used a big notebook to learn with him (the same way when I was teaching myself Japanese) but now I use all 3. Book for explanation and reference, videos for an audible retention method and then my own notebook as a back up: writing the material from the video and the book to drive the entire lesson home. While the book has end of section/chapter quizzes.

The last thing I did was writing out all the words from the section I was learning on index cards and tapping them to the wall in order from learning them, then later moving them all around the room for me to better understand what I was reading rather than knowing what the list of words were in order.

Another thing we all have to learn to do is stop trying to learn the Korean language through Kpop. I know that that is one of the reasons why we want to learn it but it’s not all that helpful in the long run to learning the language.

Those are some of my experiences, I hope this helps you out in some way!
Wow!!
Where can I buy these books?

renejayde

Kpop Groupie
Author
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Yuta
Lucas
Jungwoo
Changbin
Thank you for sharing your experience! I've been wanting to start learning Korean for the longest time but I struggle a lot with motivation, but hearing how you've been able to learn some Korean is really motivating for me :)

cntrljinsung

Kpop Groupie
Author
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
Thank you for sharing your experience! I've been wanting to start learning Korean for the longest time but I struggle a lot with motivation, but hearing how you've been able to learn some Korean is really motivating for me :)
Always trying to help!