Yena’s 'Hate Rodrigo' MV has been removed from YouTube, following copyright issues raised by Olivia Rodrigo's side

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
Xportsnews reported that the music video for 'Hate Rodrigo' had been made private due to a request from Olivia Rodrigo’s management. The controversy has been taking place primarily targeting the title, but according to the report released, it was not the controversial song title that led to the request but rather issues with copyright infringement in particular scenes of the music video. Insiders had stated that the reason behind the music video being set to private on YouTube is because Olivia Rodrigo's side had raised copyright issues.

"We are currently in the process of assessing the situation", a representative from Yena's agency, Yuehua Entertainment, revealed regarding the issue.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I feel like this whole comeback was poorly thought out. Like I get the concept and the message and I know it wasn’t actually about hating Olivia Rodrigo. But I feel like dropping a name like that and using this shock factor as the entire concept was a risky move. I know this isn’t the reason the MV was taken down but I feel like this was going to go wrong in one way or another eventually.

I just feel sorry for Yena. Even if this was her idea (I don’t know whether it was or not) the entire point of being signed to a label is that they go through all the legal stuff and how it may affect reputation. They’re suppose to protect their artists. It feels like Yuehua really let Yena down in this situation

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
Update:
Yuehua Entertainment denies that 'Hate Rodrigo' was removed due to Olivia Rodrigo's company's request

After reports that the MV was removed due to a request from Olivia Rodrigo’s management, Yuehua Entertainment responded with the following official statement:

"Hello, this is Yuehua Entertainment.
We would like to express our stance regarding our artist Choi Yena’s second single album title track “Hate Rodrigo” music video.

The music video was made private on June 29 after the company found that some scenes may have caused issues with trademark infringement, violation of portrait rights, and copyright. Currently, the music video is being edited again. We apologize for the sudden confusion without giving prior notice due to recognizing the problem belatedly. We will upload the music video again as soon as the editing is completed.

Additionally, we’d like to clarify that it is not true that the music video was made private at the request of Olivia Rodrigo’s side. We have never received any request regarding that matter and we hope that there will be no more misunderstandings for both artists and fans due to unverified reports. In the future, we’d also like to ask you to refrain from spreading unconfirmed speculations.

Thank you for your interest and love in Choi Yena’s latest album. We will humbly accept your feedback and repay you with better music.

Thank you."