Why do you think Jessica actually left Girls' Generation?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
M

myheartizomg

So I've been a fan of GG for not a long time and I keep playing their old ot9 videos and I've also seen videos like this:
And then when Jessica left and the girls performed the ballad version of 'Into The New World' many claimed that they were crying for Jessica.
Jessica said that the reason why she left was because of both the agency and the girls had requested/asked (i don't remember well don't come at me plz) her to do so.
I really want to believe that the girls had a good relationship with each other but as a new Sone I can't possibly know that as well as an old Sone probably would.So can you please enlighten me if the girls would really let Jessica go like that after so many years of thriving the industry together? Do you think she was really kicked out because of wanting to expand her fashion business and having no time for the group? I don't think Jess wanted to leave by herself :(
It's possible that SM had planned this all along but then again why would Jessica add that the other members were also positive with her departure from the group? Girls' Generation made history together, as 9 members and I think they had a nice bond but I'm not sure :-/ No hate, just some answers because as I said before there hasn't been much time since I got into them and well better late than never...

PS; Sorry for the rant :)

VIPJACKAHGADAY

CEO
Website
lnk.bio
Credits
Young K
CL
I don't know if you've watched this video, but the guy kinda explains his theory on why Jessica left. He talks about how Jessica started her fashion brand, and when it became big, SM wasn't too happy about it. They thought she was spending too much time on her brand and not enough on the group.
It totally sucks that she left. She has an amazing voice and was underrated in the group.

M

myheartizomg

I don't know if you've watched this video, but the guy kinda explains his theory on why Jessica left. He talks about how Jessica started her fashion brand, and when it became big, SM wasn't too happy about it. They thought she was spending too much time on her brand and not enough on the group.
It totally sucks that she left. She has an amazing voice and was underrated in the group.
Thanks for the video. I hadn't seen this one before. I can understand his point of view so well and I'm going to have to maintain my negative thoughts over SM's management techniques.
And I agree it sucks that she left but it's better this way probably :(

VIPJACKAHGADAY

CEO
Website
lnk.bio
Credits
Young K
CL
Thanks for the video. I hadn't seen this one before. I can understand his point of view so well and I'm going to have to maintain my negative thoughts over SM's management techniques.
And I agree it sucks that she left but it's better this way probably :(
Hopefully, she can make a breakthrough in her solo career. ❤

snsdpavedtheway

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Basically she left the group for reasons mentioned above, but when i theorize that had a big influence was her getting married and also starting her own company. If we remember, the whole reason the TVXQ situation happened was because SM entertainment demanded that 3 of the members abandoned their personal company they had been working on for a while apart from the whole slave contract situation, etc. SM specifically in the lawsuit with TVXQ mentioned their dislike of them "abandoning" their duties in TVXQ to focus on their project. What think is that Jessicas company was already growing popular with it not being even a fully realized thing yet, so they pulled a TVXQ on Jessica and since it was just one member, went ahead and booted them off before it could get big like their last similar situation with TVXQ. I have heard that Jessica had many activities such as her reality tv show with Krystal, and could not attend a lot of SNSD activities, dance practices, etc, and SNSD was preparing for "catch me if you can" at the time. I guess the pressure of the comeback and Jessica not being there as she used to, with the added pressure of SM, made the members decide to give her the boot as well. Also getting married definetly didnt sit well with SM and could possibly affect the groups image, so that can also be a factor.

SNSD were always close, but if i can be honest, Jessica was a pariah in most situations. She was notorious for being one of the "hardest members to deal with" even though everyone had a huge love for her. She would wake up late for their activities, she would be the longest to get ready, etc. SNSD were always like sisters, so it would be like dealing with a sibling that just has those tendencies at first. As they got older, i imagine that they just... got tired of it?? In variety shows leading up to the break, Jessica mentioned how they were fighting a lot between themselves, so i dont think it was just a Jessica thing, but her constant absences definitely aggravated the ordeal. I guess it was just a ticking time bomb.

Another thing i personally think happened that made her departure easy is that with the creation of TTS, she wasnt a vocal necessity anymore. Before, Jessica and Taeyeon were the vocal power houses of SNSD, and got most of the lines in many of their songs. After TTS, you see Tiffany and Seohyun take up her role as the people who got the most lines and got the biggest roles in songs. If you see mr mr live you see how thats just basically TTS's song, Jessica as a main vocalist was possibly seen as expendable to SM, so they had had no problem in kicking her out.

Last edited: