Where do you get your Kpop news from?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Where do you get your news?

• Total voters

yeonkwans

Kpop Rookie
Credits
859D8D4B-FDF6-41D9-924D-23E87D272A08.png
For any kpop stans who aren’t familiar with news outlets that have articles in English, here’s a poll of some of the ones I know about. If you’re favorite source isn’t here, feel free to leave it in the comments. You can also talk about any outlets you dislike and why.

yeonkwans

Kpop Rookie
Credits
View attachment 22783
For any kpop stans who aren’t familiar with news outlets that have articles in English, here’s a poll of some of the ones I know about. If you’re favorite source isn’t here, feel free to leave it in the comments. You can also talk about any outlets you dislike and why.
i usually use Soompi and Jasmine Media. JM doesn’t push out articles as often as some outlets do but I still like reading articles by them. (There actually interesting lol)

pocket_jinho

Face of The Group
Credits
St.Van
Jun
Jinho
Yeosang
My sister will get it from like buzzfeed or twitter or something and tell me. Or I get it from here.

yeonkwans

Kpop Rookie
Credits
My sister will get it from like buzzfeed or twitter or something and tell me. Or I get it from here.
Buzzfeed does kpop news/drama?? I know they interview artist and stuff but I didn’t think they actually like write articles about members leaving, enlistment, etc.

pocket_jinho

Face of The Group
Credits
St.Van
Jun
Jinho
Yeosang
Buzzfeed does kpop news/drama?? I know they interview artist and stuff but I didn’t think they actually like write articles about members leaving, enlistment, etc.
I don't get on there myself so i'm not really sure how it works, but I think they get it from other places if they see it being talked about a lot or from interviews or something. Like I said, I'm not really sure.

OppaIsTrash

Kpop Expert
Website
twitter.com
Credits
☆ SEVENTEEN - Rock With You [Ver. D] ☆
Wonho
i used to rely mostly on soompi, and i still check in with them about once a week or when something big happens. the only others i've used are koreaboo and allkpop but i find them to be generally less reliable and just more suspect so i usually confirm whatever they report by checking soompi or just a general google search. i dislike dispatch and try not to depend on them.
nowadays i get my kpop news mostly from twitter translators (oh mes, balloon, the seoul story, etc) who give summarized translations of naver articles. usually good for comeback news, or if something major breaks they usually include the most important info and keywords so i can look up more info elsewhere. i also follow twitters who specifically translate for certain groups i follow.
mostly i hear things through the grapevine and then try to confirm through other sources.

renejayde

Kpop Groupie
Author
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Yuta
Lucas
Jungwoo
Changbin
I usually get information from The Seoul Story on twitter, because they've always been pretty reliable and I prefer just reading a quick tweet rather than a whole article. Sometimes I'll check Oh_mes2 on twitter because he tends to post news more quickly than other pages, but he's known to be fairly 'problematic' (I hate using that word to describe something but I don't know how else to describe him).

Occasionally I'll use KpopMap because they have monthly comeback/debut lists so they're pretty good to keep up to date with releases, but I don't read any other news on their site.