Wanting To Go To Korea

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

momoland._.jooe

Kpop Groupie
Credits
DK
Choerry
Hongjoong
A lot of K-Pop fans I know want to go to Korea in hopes of meeting their idol. Some other ones I see, mostly on Insta, are delulu koreaboos that badly want to be Korean, or others who want to have Korean boyfriends, girlfriends, or babies, only because they're KOREAN. I have no problem with what people do but I feel like you should respect the Korean culure (learning the language, respecting Koreans and their culture, etc...), and not liking someone just because they're Korean. Tbh, I feel like you really wouldn't see a K-Pop idol walking down the street, (often or even once) or meet Suga in a convenience store. Anyways, if you want to go to Korea, I feel like you should respect the culture, even if it's for vacation, or living there. If you want to live there, I feel like you should start learning the language, since it'a hard to communicate without knowing the language ahaha! Sorry for ranting! Comment what you think!~~~

honeycove

Stan Red Velvet
Credits
Username Change
User Title Change
IM
Jisun
Yeah, I wanna visit Korea one day, not because of my idols or anything, but because it’s a beautiful place and I also want to visit Japan for the same reason. I know a lot of delulu fans who want to marry their oppa and that ain’t it sis 😒 I’m sure if some of these delulu fans acted like that in front of their idols, they’d run for their lives (the idols, not the fans)

Disregarded

Face of The Group
Credits
CL
Chen
Lay
Jungwoo
A lot of K-Pop fans I know want to go to Korea in hopes of meeting their idol. Some other ones I see, mostly on Insta, are delulu koreaboos that badly want to be Korean, or others who want to have Korean boyfriends, girlfriends, or babies, only because they're KOREAN. I have no problem with what people do but I feel like you should respect the Korean culure (learning the language, respecting Koreans and their culture, etc...), and not liking someone just because they're Korean. Tbh, I feel like you really wouldn't see a K-Pop idol walking down the street, (often or even once) or meet Suga in a convenience store. Anyways, if you want to go to Korea, I feel like you should respect the culture, even if it's for vacation, or living there. If you want to live there, I feel like you should start learning the language, since it'a hard to communicate without knowing the language ahaha! Sorry for ranting! Comment what you think!~~~
Preach 👏
I want to go to Korea, because they teach well and are known for being good at IT and I want to get better. But I also admire Korea and Japan's beauty :love: I feel like the only problems I would have would be food, because I'm a picky eater 😣 I'd also love to learn about their culture ❤

honeycove

Stan Red Velvet
Credits
Username Change
User Title Change
IM
Jisun
Preach 👏
I want to go to Korea, because they teach well and are known for being good at IT and I want to get better. But I also admire Korea and Japan's beauty :love: I feel like the only problems I would have would be food, because I'm a picky eater 😣 I'd also love to learn about their culture ❤
Ramen all day every day bruh

jonghosapple

Kpop Expert
Website
www.tumblr.com
Credits
Kino
Yunho
Jongho
Most people think I want to go to Korea because I like Kpop, but really it's the other way around. I like Kpop because I've always been interested in Korean culture, well Asian cultures in general. Some, if not all, of the prettiest places in the world to me are on that continent, and Korea is just one of the many places I want to go there.

Brickerbrack

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Handong
JiU
Siyeon
I'd love to go, and I am learning the language. It's actually a fairly recent addition to the bucket list, (;)) and Kpop was the main trigger that inspired it.
To be honest, deciding to learn the language came first, last year. I'd been wanting to learn a new language for some time, but couldn't decide which; then a whole bunch of subtle triggers came around the same time (including getting hooked on Twice), which made me decide on Korean. Since then, more and more, I've become fascinated and wanting to head over there; not likely to live, but certainly to visit.
Also my granddad was over there during the Korean war (he was in the Royal Navy, mostly conducting rescue ops), so it'd be interesting to see where he visited back then... :)

YvesYYXY

Kpop Fan
Credits
I mean yeah, anywhere you go you should respect their culture. Otherwise just don't travel anywhere if you'll act like an idiot and disrespect people.

Some people are weird with their Korean fetish yes, especially the ones who are not teens anymore, they're like +21 or close to their 30's and they're still being koreaboos, it's so cringe.

Personally I wouldn't want to travel to Korea I already get lots here in my home town lol I have no sense of direction. And I'm a pretty paranoid person. I'd probably be like, the plane will crash and I'll die. Also I don't like traveling. I'd rather spend money on albums & clothes than traveling.

But if I ever went to Korea I'd probably go there because of food, not because of idols or Korean people. Heck I wouldn't even want to meet anyone there (like if I were alone there I wouldn't go out and look for friends). Every stranger is a potential serial killer to me. I watch way too many shit on TV. I don't want to be that tourist that ends up in someone's basement and gets chopped into little pieces :ROFLMAO:

Yifan

Maknae
Credits
Yuta
Jisung
YangYang
Doyoung
I love to go Korea, but not bcoz of Idols. I love almost all the south east asian countries (Scpecially, China, Japan and Korea). I like their culture and I like to learn their languages(and to eat those food too😍 ). I would never marry a Kpop idol even if I get a chance, that's one of the stupidest decisions to take and I never want to live there for more than few months.

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
I also like to go to Korea... It's a beautiful country and I love the Korean culture too... It has many beautiful places... Just like you guys said, I also want to go to there not just bcuz of kpop idols...

XIUM

official girl lover
Author
Credits
Juri
Changbin
Hitomi
Hate to break it to everyone, but just like the others are saying, you most likely won't meet your idol randomly.
The only chances you have on meeting them are with a fansign, or on their entertainments cafe's.

Examples ;
Handshake events/signings - They don't do this alot when having a concert overseas (depends on the group), but in Korea you actually have the change to talk with them shortly, and get their signature. There are a few ways to get into a fansign. Lottery through your groups DAUM CAFE; Buying the album at a specific store at a specific time (mostly new debuted groups or solo artists like SanE). For the lottery method, you often need to purchase more than one album to have a chance to get in. Depending on the popularity of your group, fans often say there is a “minimum” to have a fighting chance, and a “guarantee” at a certain amount of albums. For INFINITE, when all seven members are participating in a fansign, the “minimum” to have even a (somewhat slim) chance is 15-20 albums. Of course, there are also some people who are extremely lucky and get in with one album, and some who purchase 200 and don’t even get in (this apparently happened for EXO). In the end it comes down to luck, though you can better your chances the more albums you buy.

Café - Alot of entertainments have their own cafés for fans or whoever wants to get a drink, snack or meal. An example of this is SM Entertainment's SUM Cafe in Gangnam, Seoul where they sell specialized cupcakes from your favorite groups. Sometimes idols go to their companies cafe to get something too. Alot of JYP artists actually go to JYP's cafe in Gangdong, Seoul, such as TWICE and Stray Kids. However, you probably shouldn't approach them, their managers will be there and probably some bodyguards too (not too sure). Kpop idols don't get that much free time, so please give them the space that they need.

Keep in mind, Kpop idols are still humans. They need their own space, they won't always appreciate having pictures taken of them, and won't always be a happy ray of sunshine. Respect them, and respect their staff too. I'm just telling you this because companies can profit from the money you give them, which works for the idols and you in meeting them!

Other than that, have fun with whatever you're going to do in Korea <3

Credits
Yugyeom
Mingi
Lee Know
Eunseo
Yeah I agree

Credits
Yugyeom
Mingi
Lee Know
Eunseo
South Korea is a beautiful country. I have been there many times to see family! Many people who are part of the Kpop fandom want to go there because they might be able to meet their bias or something. The chance that you will be able to see them is like one in a million unless you go to a fan signing or go to a concert! If you go to South Korea you should enjoy the culture, food and stuff like that!