Unused Accounts Being Made

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

vivianna

薇:威
Author
Website
ah-wei.carrd.co
Credits
Helio Niccolo
Dekis Solon
✧ The Boyz Younghoon ✧
The Untamed
Recently, I've been noticing many accounts being made around the same time with seemingly random words put together or what looks like a keyboard smash for a username (ex. GreenHut, ajksddf). Other than the time that the account joins, I have never seen any of these accounts being used or going onto the forums. It ends up with around ten new members joining each day.

I would also like to bring up the problem of random accounts (I think they're bots) going onto threads that talk about various problems (lawsuits, mistreatment, etc.) and start talking about how they believe strongly that this problem should be addressed (which I have no problem with) and sometimes, they end up trying to promote something.

These aren't really serious problems, just something I've taken note of.

ONF

☕️🫖
Staff member
iShop Manager
SNS Manager
Editor
V.I.P.
Website
rentry.org
Credits
✧ The Final Problem ✧
Peke J (Excalibur)
Recently, I've been noticing many accounts being made around the same time with seemingly random words put together or what looks like a keyboard smash for a username (ex. GreenHut, ajksddf). Other than the time that the account joins, I have never seen any of these accounts being used or going onto the forums. It ends up with around ten new members joining each day.

I would also like to bring up the problem of random accounts (I think they're bots) going onto threads that talk about various problems (lawsuits, mistreatment, etc.) and start talking about how they believe strongly that this problem should be addressed (which I have no problem with) and sometimes, they end up trying to promote something.

These aren't really serious problems, just something I've taken note of.
Yes, we do see many accounts being created (most likely bots) for the sole purpose of promoting a business or product. This has been an ongoing issue since the forums were created but the most we can do at this time is to ban these accounts and delete their posts. Although the staff team has a way of doing this, sometimes a couple of threads or posts escape our filter and show up on the forums, so having the members report these threads as “spam” or “advertising” makes our job a whole lot easier. In the future, we may develop a better way to filter these accounts but for now, we can only delete the ones caught by our current filter or posts reported by other members.

ONF

☕️🫖
Staff member
iShop Manager
SNS Manager
Editor
V.I.P.
Website
rentry.org
Credits
✧ The Final Problem ✧
Peke J (Excalibur)
Also, this goes without saying but please be careful of any links you may see on the forums! Even if the account may seem legit (if it has a profile picture or already has made several posts), some people try to blend in with other kpop fans in order to bypass our filter and not get noticed as an advertiser. Of course, the staff team tries our best to identify these accounts as soon as we can, but the best advice I can give to you all is to always double check a link before clicking on it, and if anything seems suspicious, please report the post and we will be sure to deal with it.

vivianna

薇:威
Author
Website
ah-wei.carrd.co
Credits
Helio Niccolo
Dekis Solon
✧ The Boyz Younghoon ✧
The Untamed
Yes, we do see many accounts being created (most likely bots) for the sole purpose of promoting a business or product. This has been an ongoing issue since the forums were created but the most we can do at this time is to ban these accounts and delete their posts. Although the staff team has a way of doing this, sometimes a couple of threads or posts escape our filter and show up on the forums, so having the members report these threads as “spam” or “advertising” makes our job a whole lot easier. In the future, we may develop a better way to filter these accounts but for now, we can only delete the ones caught by our current filter or posts reported by other members.
I understand, thank you.