Unpopular Jpop opinions

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Lee Rang •ㅅ•

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Hanse
Cya
This is probably gonna flop but mine are

-The AKB48 concept was pointless as how many people are gonna be able to afford going to a concert everyday:And if they are holding them everyday it doesn't feel special and having that many members is kinda unattractive for a lot of people.

-Renai Circulation is a really good song and I wish it wasn't just known as "The weeb song"

-It honestly shouldn't be called Jpop because like 98% of it is Rock

-Anime openings are amazing, But they should fit the artists style too

-Visual Kei shouldn't be compared to Glam Rock: Its similar but thats kinda like saying Bts is One Direction but Korean

-Vocaloid deserves more attention

-People are mad about One Ok Rock singing in English but I think it just shows their talent more

aznmochibunny

Kpop Fan
Credits

-The AKB48 concept was pointless as how many people are gonna be able to afford going to a concert everyday:And if they are holding them everyday it doesn't feel special and having that many members is kinda unattractive for a lot of people.

-Renai Circulation is a really good song and I wish it wasn't just known as "The weeb song"

-Visual Kei shouldn't be compared to Glam Rock: Its similar but thats kinda like saying Bts is One Direction but Korean

-People are mad about One Ok Rock singing in English but I think it just shows their talent more
The first point: the girls in the group rotate daily supposedly and they only really perform at their venue in their designated city (unless they've been invited to some event), and most likely fans only attend when their favorites are in rotation, which would lessen your cost more. Unless, you like multiple girls, then you're just bound to go everyday. (by the way, I'm not a 48 stan).

The third point: Jpop is actually more shorthand to Japanese popular music, and not the actual genre, so, because rock is extremely popular in Japan, it counts as Jpop, and is still valid.

The fifth point: Vocaloid was plenty popular in the 2010s. I think it's just decreased in popularity, but I'd say they are still pretty huge.

Final point: as a ONE OK ROCKER, I don't really care what language they sing in as long as they still produce good music. That being said, their last three albums were kind of meh for me, and I have the physicals (not saying they're bad, but they're not exactly top tier either).

Lee Rang •ㅅ•

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Hanse
Cya
The first point: the girls in the group rotate daily supposedly and they only really perform at their venue in their designated city (unless they've been invited to some event), and most likely fans only attend when their favorites are in rotation, which would lessen your cost more. Unless, you like multiple girls, then you're just bound to go everyday. (by the way, I'm not a 48 stan).

The third point: Jpop is actually more shorthand to Japanese popular music, and not the actual genre, so, because rock is extremely popular in Japan, it counts as Jpop, and is still valid.

The fifth point: Vocaloid was plenty popular in the 2010s. I think it's just decreased in popularity, but I'd say they are still pretty huge.

Final point: as a ONE OK ROCKER, I don't really care what language they sing in as long as they still produce good music. That being said, their last three albums were kind of meh for me, and I have the physicals (not saying they're bad, but they're not exactly top tier either).
Wait I thought 48 just stayed in one place my bad o.o

aznmochibunny

Kpop Fan
Credits
Wait I thought 48 just stayed in one place my bad o.o
Each group performs in their designated area - AKB in Akihabara, SKE in Sakae, NGT in Nagata, etc. The only 48 group that's pretty much fully exempt from this is IZ*ONE but they're also not officially a 48 group either, so that's why. There's a few exceptions to this rule though, and that's when they are asked to perform at events and even at 48 sponsored events, but that's a big reason why 48 groups don't really tour overseas.

StarLightSilverCrown

Kpop Rookie
Credits

Regarding your One Ok Rock Statement I can't help but agree with you, I get why people are upset, but at this point why even bother being upset?, music is honestly just music and if it's good music people really shouldn't complain. If they don't like the music just don't listen to it it's that simple.

Side Note, I know your post is older but I just found the kpop profiles forum side and saw your post, and I wanted to say no I don't think your opinions flopped at all they are quite decent and understandable.