Tips for baking~

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Lee Rang •ㅅ•

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Hanse
Cya
1. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients
This actually gets everyone who enjoys baking really mad but i prefer adding it this way because you can control dry ingredients better :<
2.Use the spoon and level method instead of just scooping it
By just sticking the measuring cup into the bag you get way too much, this is just for flour, but if you use a normal spoon and put in it the measuring cup you get more accurate amounts
3.Whisking by hand is better with wet ingredients
If you see "Whisk oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract together" you might wanna grab an electric one but I find that hand mixing usually comes out better for some reason
4.Don't open your oven while whatever is baking is baking
If you get that little anxiety thats like "Oh what if I put them in at the wrong temperature and now i'll have burnt cookies" and you open the oven to check this actually leads to heat getting out and under baking isn't uncommon if you do
5. If they're cookies for just you:Make half the recipe
I bake every day as my hobby and I find that most recipes will make anywhere from 12-56 cookies so if they're just for you i would say to split it in half because wanting 12 cookies and ending up with over 50 is unexpected o.o
6.Substitutes can make a recipe better so don't be scared to use them
If you're baking and you realize you don't have something look up substitutes and use those
some of my favorites are
For butter:Use vegetable oil with a 1:1 difference
For sugar:Honey also with a 1:1 difference
7.You can really only refrigerate cookies
Cakes, Muffins, Bread, and anything else like that will not refrigerate well, I'm not sure of the science but I've made this mistake many times :<
8.If you like chewy cookies pull them out of the oven thirty seconds early and let them sit on the baking sheet
9.If you like crunchy cookies put them in the oven with an extra five-ten degrees

Ok thats it if you have any questions I can probably answer~