GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

JiyeonFati

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Siyeon
SuA
JiU
Welcome AID, we'll support DIA here.
DIA (다이아) stands for Do It Amazing, like their first album title, and is a shortcut from Diamonds, often stylized in their logo. They are under MBK Entertainment, the house of T-ARA. DIA is prononced Da-i-a, not Di-a who's a soloist. The fandom name is AID (에이드) which come from to aid = to help, like in first aids. They usually call us AI-DEUL, since -eul is the plural in korean.

They debuted september 14th 2015 with Somehow and Lean on me. Their first album didn't have many edit and it was hard to get it. They were seven : Baek Yebin, Jenny (Lee Soyul), leader Cho Seunghee (ex 5-Doll), Jung Chaeyeon, Eunice (Heo Suyeon), Cathy (Ki Huihyeon) and Ahn Eunjin. Soon later they released digitally My friend's boyfriend. In decembre 2015 Huihyeon and Chaeyeon joined P101 S1 with labelmate Dani. Chaeyeon succeeded to debut in IOI.

Before their debut, they should have been casted in a survival show but JYP came with Sixteen and the project was dropped. The recrutment was internalized and some engaged with P101. Many members of DIA were trainees from other agencies who didn't debut with their new group, including GFriend and Lovelyz. I wonder if it's related. Chaeyeon was also used during Elsie debut (T-ara Eunjung). Chayeeon, Seunghee and Jenny were also casted in T-ara Web Drama Sweet Temptation. Jenny was the sister of Eunjung in the drama.
In april 2016, Seunghee didn't renew her contract and left the agency to be an actress. New maknae Eunchae (Kwon Chaewon) joined the group. Eunice took the leader role waiting for Huihyeon to came back from UR3, and gave it to her. Huihyeon also dropped her stage name Cathy for her real name. Then they cameback in June with On the Road and their mini album happy Ending. Their promotion overlaped a bit with IOI debut, Chaeyeon had crazy schedules. They also released a great Rock Version of On The Road.
In septembre 2016, for their first year, they released Mr.Potter and their mini album Spell. Their perf include some magical trick (Chaeyeon in a box). The album also include Artist(화가) composed by Huihyeon, were she defend P101 contestants against some sexist controversies that raised at that time. She also composed Flower, Wind, and You, sung with IOI Somi, Yoojung and her bestfriend Chungha. I think it worth the mention because she was evil edited during P101 with Somi reaction. Then she sacrificed herself to protect Chaeyeon. But Somi and other girls were supportive.
At the end of the year 2016, they prepared a full concert with a mini drama and new songs. They released in January 2017 the song 13months 32days(13월 32일) performed by subunit LUB with Jenny, Eunjin and Eunchae. They also released You're the moon and earth(너는 달 지구) performed by subunit BCHS with Yebin, Chaeyeon, Huihyeon and Eunice. During the concert there were also the original version of Will you go out with me? (나랑 사귈래?). This song was too good to not be improved, and ultimately became their title track of their Yolo album released in april 2017. But before it, they casted two new members: Lee Jueun (ex-trainee with Loona) and new maknae Ahn Somyi, who was also a member of the official fanclub, and ex-chearleader in the same club than IOI Doyeong.
For Yolo promotion they filmed a travel in Japan with the new members. It's also a full album which include their own composition Independence Movement Song, Mannequin and You are my flower which was performed by trot queens Kim Yeonja and Hong Jin Young
In august 2017, they released Love Generation, their second full album with 11 different tracks but splitted in 3 mini. To have all the songs you need all of them or go digitally. The title track is Can't Stop (듣고싶어). The secret code E905 means Can't Stop, but I never fully understood why ^.^ They released Darling My Sugar from subunit L.U.B with Eunchae, Eunjin, Jenny and Jueun. They also released LOOK from subunit BCHCS with Yebin, Chaeyeon, Huihyeon, Eunice and Somyi. In october 2017 they released their mini album Present which is a repackage of Love Generation added 3 songs, including Good Night (굿밤) and Seoraksan in October (시월에 설악산) performed by Yebin and Somyi. Then both joined The Unit, a survival show aired by KBS. The top 9 could debut in UNB for boys, and UNI.T for girls. Yebin got 2nd, Somyi 12th so only Yebin joined UNI.T. The group were managed by MBK.
Eunjin left the group soon after, wanting to quit the idol life. She had a big issue during Yolo comeback and became gradualy scared to perform, even if she released strong dance covers of Black Pink, Hyuna and Sunmi.

In 2018 T-ara members didn't renew their contract with MBK who then lost their money makers and their building. DIA doesn't sell well. Chaeyeon is really active with CF, drama, even doing MC in weekly musical show. Huihyeon got also some variety show, but others don't have much activities. Eunchae got a teen drama. So MBK had to make the debut of UNB, then UNI.T, and postponed DIA. UNI.T debuted in may 2018 with No more.
DIA had their comeback in August 2018 with Woo woo (우우) and their album Summer Ade. They got their first lucky win on The Show. The album has also good own composed song like Blue Day (Huihyeon), Sweet Dream (Yebin) and Take me (Jueun).
In September UNI.T released I mean. The lacks of promotion ended them sooner than expected. After To.Jenny drama, Chaeyeon got her Netflix first main role (My First first love), so DIA went on hold. They should have a comeback in november but it was postoned. Since december we hardly got any news of Jenny and it appears she got a kneel injuries during Woo woo promotion and their comeback preparation. It seams enough serious to be diagnosticated with osteomalacia. After a long silence, waiting for her recovery, she decided to left the group in march 2019.
In march 2019, DIA released Woowa(우와) and their mini album Newtro. It includes No(안할래) who should have been their november comeback, and Crescendo(손톱달) from Yebin and Jueun.

Before their comeback, Huihyeon was in a show as stewardess (with Girl's Day Yura) since she aimed to become one before her idol life. Now the second season of Chaeyeon's Netflix drama is airing.

Jueun, Eunchae and Huihyeon got into V-1, a new singing survival show who should be aired soon, with 24 gg participants. What I've heard is that Jueun is one of the 12 still on it.

Eunice opened few days ago her youtube channel. She posted some of her dance covers. You should check them, since she's really good.

DIA was really active in AfricaTV and vlive during their debut days, almost daily. Now they are more actives in their instagram account ^^

Last edited:

JiyeonFati

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Siyeon
SuA
JiU
There are pretty good member profils here so I just post the link.
DIA :
BCHCS subunit :
LUB subunit :

JiyeonFati

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Siyeon
SuA
JiU
Thanks you but I don't think it's that great, in OH we had some way better threads. And during Mr Potter era, the graphics were just awesome (I don't remember who did it but I'll never forget how great it was with animated steps in Harry Potter style).

I spotted some mistakes. Argh why I can't I edit it now? Misswritten Chaeyeon as Chayeeon, and an inexactitude about when Jenny announced she left the group. In march she just announced she won't be part of the comeback. It's just recently that she officially left the group. But that doesn't change much. She's even more active in instagram now.

There are a lot more to say, it's just a quick resume of almost 4 years of activities.

Last edited:

JiyeonFati

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Siyeon
SuA
JiU
I forgot to add that Chungha is also featuring on their YOLO album with the song I don't have the time (written by Huihyeon).

When Jueun & Somyi were casted, Yebin was part of the jury. Somyi covered IU songs. Since Yebin is an official fan, she simply recruited her. Yebin and Jueun did some IU covers. During a vlive with Jueun, Yebin was happy to brag about IU concert she went, and Jueun was like: Why didn't tell me you go? I like IU-sunbaenim too :cry:

Huihyeon leadership is real. During some variety show, they explained why she had forbidden to cook in the dorm. Since the girls were pretty messy, they had to decide who will wash, so everyone had their turn. But Eunice wasn't happy about it since she didn't eat at the dorm, so after discussions Huihyeon simply forbid it. And the girls were like: she's right, it's better this way! Because of this rule, Jueun hasn't shown yet her cook habilities in the dorm, but she's confident about it from her trainee's days.

Eunice and Seunghee are 1991 liners. Huihyeon and Jueun are from 1995, Jenny 1996, Eunjin, Yebin and Chayeon 1997, Eunchae 1999 and Somyi 2000. So the leader role went to the olders until Huihyeon took it.

When Eunchae joined the group, Yebin took care well of her, since she has a younger brother. She even took care of Somyi when she went into The Unit, the show really pulls it off well. Somyi has her own "4D" way of doing things, so Yebin were always worry about her, and Somyi found way to make fun of her :ROFLMAO:

Jueun knew Eunchae before, since they trained together. Enchae is one of the shorter idol but dislike to be laught about it. Jueun isn't much taller, so they often compare them :devilish:

During Can't stop era, Yebin and Jenny cut their hair (another KKS wrong doing). They tryed the boyish concept, and it worked pretty well on Eunchae, she had a girl crush on Yebin :love:. Jenny photo are pretty good but her natural childish self doesn't match well with it.

In the dorm, Eunice is the only one with her own room. Well, she has a lot of Minions and Simpsons to take care of. She plays the bass pretty well, during their 2016 concert, she made a great solo cover of Funky Town and Chaeyeon's father was in love ^^

Eunice and Jenny are good in art, especially drawing. Jenny like childish songs and covered the shark dance before it went viral. Jenny is pretty calm and shy, but can be funny. Ulzzang, she has an older sister.

Chaeyeon and Huihyeon shared the same room, pretty much since P101 era and are really close. In some vlive Huihyeon were calling Chaeyeon to come here when she went away. She's probably the only one in the group who can command her ^^ Well Yebin and Chaeyeon are close friends too, Chaebin ships are a must.

Huihyeon is pretty much the father figure of the group, when Seunghee was the mother, and Yebin the childish sister that everyone love. Yebin is also a big fan of Huihyeon, she almost was the one who recruited her. When Seunghee was with them, she cooked and took care of them until she quit. But they quit in good terms, and Seunghee was even supportive of Yebin during The Unit.

Jueun is a great pianist and singer and add a lot in vocal abilities of the group. Younger she participated in KPopStar S2. She made many interesting covers playing the piano or the guitar. And I really like her Lost Star from their Do Dream web drama filmed last year. Jenny was at the bass and Eunchae at the guitar.

Yebin is a good singer with a delicate voice but not powerfull. She learned to play guitar and improved a lot. She likes to sing playing it.

During Mr. Potter, they did another pretty good Rock version. Eunjin was the batter. Even if she was backed by a pro, she did well. Yebin was the electic guitar, Eunice the bass, Chaeyeon the xylophone, and the other with a clavier.

Huihyeon is a great rapper but wasn't confident with her singing. Now she's improving. Huihyeon is also pretty sensitive. She wrote her lyrics, know the piano too, and was behind Will you go out with me? We got in vlive they process of creation of this song first for the concert. She was with the producer, listening to some of this work, found it good, and improvising some lyrics. She even checked the subunit songs, helping them, and added Eunjin whistle to You're the moon and earth.

Huihyeon, Eunice and Eunjin are great dancers, but not all the members, so DIA choreo don't show all their potential. Eunice clips worth to be watched, her talent is no joke. Eunjin was even better, her idol group cover are just perfect. Huihyeon is pretty good too, and Eunchae has improved a lot lately. In Woowa she pulled off pretty well the dance so she got the center.

Last edited:

JiyeonFati

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Siyeon
SuA
JiU
Chaeyeon
ECAHGdoU4AA4_RY.jpg

more: src

Did you know Chaeyeon was in Spain, filming for a variety show called The Barber of Seville? It was at Carmona, not far of Seville. The casting was opening two hairdresser shops, one for women, and onother for men. The men one there was ruled by an old barber but really skilled, it's impressive. The women one was also lead by a skilled hairdresser, and Chaeyeon helped her, especially washing custumers hair and taking care of them. A real cutie.

ECAzDqFVAAAPNZj.jpg

Last edited:

JiyeonFati

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Siyeon
SuA
JiU
Did you know Eunice is close friend with some Nine Muses members. In fact, before DIA she was training with them and may have joined 9Muses. No wonder why her body is no joke. In her recent dance special clip she was with Sojin.

She also opened her own youtube channel, and does some vlog.

Last edited:

JiyeonFati

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Siyeon
SuA
JiU
Usefull links
DIA official twitter account.
DIA official youtube channel.
Eunice (Honey'ce) youtube channel.
DIA vlive channel.
DIA fancafe.

I don't follow them on facebook nor instagram but they are presents. I think their individual account are these bellow but I never checked so it might not be accurate:
CHAEYEON: j_chaeyeoni
HEEHYUN: khh1995_a
YEBIN: yebin.0713 / yebin_o3o (I think she use this one now)
SOMYI: somyi.2000
JENNY: jen2dia / yulleda (I think she use yulleda now)
JUEUN: jusilver_67
EUNICE: e.heomer
EUNCHAE: silver_chae_526
EUNJIN: eun_jin3851
DIA : mbk.dia
SEUNGHEE : seunghee.s_story

Last edited:

JiyeonFati

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Siyeon
SuA
JiU
Fansites of interest:
DIA International : less active now but still a great source.
Darius_subs : our translation masternim. He did many vlive translation, you can even ask him.
ade : a gif master
pink pastel : another gif master

We have also many great followers of each members, but the list will be to long to edit, so I leave it to you to find them ^^

blackjack

Kpop Rookie
Credits
I appreciate this so much! You worked so hard to help us get into DIA, I've been wanting to get into them more :saranghae:
I think my bias is leader Cathy, I've loved her ever since Produce 101. She's such a great leader and a great person and I wish she got into the final lineup of IOI.

JiyeonFati

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Siyeon
SuA
JiU
I don't have favorite member, it changes often in this group, but still they step on many other gg. I follow them since their debut, so I'm pretty biased.

Huihyeon is pretty close with Chungha and some WJSN members, they often meet and post in their instagram some photo together. She's the most active after Chaeyeon, and did some MC job in festival, rap collab, and had TV show appareances.

As a leader she take care of her members, always going buying some drink🥤 for them. Since their debut, the members called her Cashy since she had the wallet Well she's pretty efficient with money saving, and won't buy something she doesn't need.

DIA wouldn't have so many songs without her, she really takes it seriously and I think she will be in the industry for a long time. In OH we had a real great thread referencing all the songs officially credited to k-pop artists, and Huihyeon was pretty high ranked, especially so soon after debut. I'm waiting for OH to reboot just for such a thread.

Chaeyeon will soon join IOI for their comeback, I want it now. But we should probably wait the end of Weki Meki promo :sleep:

Have you watched their K-Pop Fiesta stage ? OTR and Woowa are so great.

JiyeonFati

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Siyeon
SuA
JiU
Girls like to make fun of each other, especially Eunice, but Cathy can do it too 😈
Searching some old interactions, I found these:

Huihyeon is the leader, but also the crying baby of the group:

Edit: I reuploaded them since the embeded link don't show the image well.

Last edited:

blackjack

Kpop Rookie
Credits
I don't have favorite member, it changes often in this group, but still they step on many other gg. I follow them since their debut, so I'm pretty biased.

Huihyeon is pretty close with Chungha and some WJSN members, they often meet and post in their instagram some photo together. She's the most active after Chaeyeon, and did some MC job in festival, rap collab, and had TV show appareances.

As a leader she take care of her members, always going buying some drink🥤 for them. Since their debut, the members called her Cashy since she had the wallet Well she's pretty efficient with money saving, and won't buy something she doesn't need.

DIA wouldn't have so many songs without her, she really takes it seriously and I think she will be in the industry for a long time. In OH we had a real great thread referencing all the songs officially credited to k-pop artists, and Huihyeon was pretty high ranked, especially so soon after debut. I'm waiting for OH to reboot just for such a thread.

Chaeyeon will soon join IOI for their comeback, I want it now. But we should probably wait the end of Weki Meki promo :sleep:

Have you watched their K-Pop Fiesta stage ? OTR and Woowa are so great.
I have watched it, they are such great performers I love them so much! I can't wait for the IOI reunion, I was a huge IOI fan.

JiyeonFati

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Siyeon
SuA
JiU
4D Somyi during UNI.T

They are great to give fan service.

Edit: strange these images don't show but the links work.
Edit: so I put them as link, but they were changed by the forum. Argh, It doesn't work well
Edit: I reuploaded them

Last edited:

JiyeonFati

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Siyeon
SuA
JiU
I have watched it, they are such great performers I love them so much! I can't wait for the IOI reunion, I was a huge IOI fan.
Yeah IOI was a real great group, but ended too soon. Same issue with UNI.T, few months of contract failed them, many people didn't even care to support them because of this. Now they have learned and they form permanent group with huge success.