The LOONA Boycott

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Recently Chuu was booted from Loona for filing a lawsuit over not being paid. Pretty sure we all know about that.
Then a rumor popped up that 9 of the remaining members filed an injunction to have their contracts terminated.
But it gets better, Blockberry Creative decided now was the time for a comeback.
This has lead to many kpop stans, Orbits included, to boycott BBC and this comeback.
So far results are being seen with drastically decreased sales and teaser video views.
This video goes into all of it and I recommend you watch it.

Now why is the boycott happening and why is it important?
The only way BBC will learn that what they did was wrong is if we hit them where it hurts, their wallets.
Now you may be thinking, no don't do this it'll hurt the girls. Oh not it won't. The only way this would impact the girls is if they were actually getting paid for their work. Chuu made it clear that they had not been paid since their debut. So this boycott could actually only benefit the girls by getting them out of the hellhole that is Blockberry Creative faster.
I'm not an Orbit but I plan on doing my best to boycott this comeback.

Here's what you can do to boycott and help the girls:
1. Don't purchase this album, or any previous albums. This'll just put more money in BBC's pockets.
2. Do not purchase any other LOONA merchandise as the girls will also see none of that money.
3. Unfollow any LOONA or BBC accounts (they get money from them too) and it shows to them that you are okay with this.
4. Delete any apps associated with BBC and LOONA.
5. Do not watch or view any of the comeback content directly from BBC's social media. You can find teaser material and the M/V on other YouTube channels or social media sites that repost it.
6. Do not stream the MV on YouTube or the songs on Spotify, iTunes, or any other music platform.
7. Do not do anything in an attempt to make any of the songs go viral (dance challanges, using sounds from the song, etc).

Doing any of these just means you are giving BBC alllll of the money, and the girls are cheated again.
It is also sending a message to them that what they are doing is okay and they should continue their horrible ways.
This includes: not paying the girls, kicking out members who oppose them, overworking the girls in order to make more money, and much much more.
So please, do not enable Blockberry and give the girls, especially Chuu, the justice they deserve.

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
The even better thing about this is that, now that they're about to have a comeback - there's a lot of kpop stores all around the world that are supporting the boycott and will NOT be selling any of their upcoming albums in stock, all thanks to orbits and non-orbits that have emailed or sent a message to our local kpop stores (and any other kpop store that is not in our country), even my local kpop stores are joining the boycott!
It's so impressive to see how much their album sales have dropped way drastically in comparison to their album sales from their previous comebacks, bc it shows that the plan of boycotting has been successful!

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Even though I'm not an orbit anymore, and lost a lot of respect for orbits during queendom era, seeing how well they have come together to boycott loona to support the members is incredible. This is like the only successful boycott i've ever seen in kpop. I wish more kpop fandoms were willing to do this to support and protect the members. I really hope Loona disband (IN THE POSITIVE WAY) so the members can flee that shitty company and get somewhere that treats them fairer. I've seen rumours that BBC is teasing the release of previously unreleased songs to tempt orbits, so stay strong guys!

Heartz4MyLove<3

sana banana
Author
Credits
Tiana
Kuromi
Fluffy Pink Bunny
Cinnamoroll
I explained this to my mom and she just started staring at me.

ALSO MY SISTER
SO I'm minding my business doing something to annoy her and then she says "That's why you cant listen to loona" SHE DOESNT EVEN LISTEN TO LOONA OR ANYTHING SHES SO ANNOYING

Yesterday I deleted all of my loona songs from my playlist and I almost started crying

This is like the messiest post ever but oh well
BOYCOTT LOONA

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
"Hello, this is BlockBerry Creative.
First and foremost, we would like to apologize to fans of LOONA for causing many concerns with various recent events. We additionally apologize to the public who has kept up with recent events, for causing fatigue.
After taking into consideration the comments and opinions of Orbits as well as numerous others, the agency has concluded that it would be meaningless to proceed with LOONA's comeback when numerous concerns regarding the members remain unresolved.
As a result, it has been decided that the release of LOONA's The Origin Album '[0]', which the 11-members poured their hearts into and which was set for release on January 3, 2023, will be postponed indefinitely.
Furthermore, we would like to take this time to explain the agency's position regarding the series of issues that many Orbits have raised.
The project of LOONA was the result of numerous efforts exerted over a long period of time.
Due to the fact that the project itself was much more large-scale in size and duration compared to regular idol groups, and that the project required significant investment and funding, many times after the group's launch, we faced occasions where the great effort put into the project was not visible in the finished results.
Even after the LOONA project was planned and launched, the agency required immense funding to sustain the group, more than that available to a relatively small-sized company; however, the agency held on believing that it was an agency's duty to handle all of the fees.
There were also many issues, including misunderstandings and false assumptions, surrounding payment for the artists. In this area, the agency has always felt apologetic toward the members of LOONA for the fact that the group was not able to earn a sizeable profit since debut. From the very beginning, the LOONA project was a project which required the agency's unlimited investment and effort, and the members' trust and sacrifice, to reach an impossibly high break-even point.
It was a reckless project by a small-sized agency with little resources, but thanks to the hard work of the members who believed in the agency, and the time that they sacrificed, we finally encountered a ray of hope this year, 6 years after the initial launch of LOONA.
It would be the best of scenarios if the name of LOONA were to be recognized by the public as a group, but a frequent pattern in the case of large groups is that one or a few of the members become publicly known before the others, and it was also inevitable that the agency provide the members who gained a certain amount of publicity with greater support. The agency wished for all of the members of LOONA to continue their activities together, but unfortunately, one former member went against our expectations and showed a change of attitude.
Thus, in order to account for the risks associated with the great investment made in sustaining the group, as well as to account for the team's future, the agency attempted to alter some aspects of the members' exclusive contracts with their agreement, all in an effort to protect LOONA. However, as you know, we did not meet good results.
Regardless of the failures and successes along the road in the launch and management of LOONA, as a small company, we take pride in the fact that just the launch of such a massive-scale project itself marked one contribution to the history of K-Pop.
Admittedly, the series of recent events ultimately are the result of our agency's inadequacy. However, despite this, we will not stop in our efforts to protect LOONA and fulfill the members' dreams.
We know very well that we cannot achieve these dreams without Orbits on our side.
Therefore, we promise to create an environment where all fans of LOONA can support LOONA with gladness in their hearts.
Once again, we sincerely apologize to fans, and we plead that you will support the dreams and the futures of LOONA which are still in effect.
Thank you.”

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong

Heartz4MyLove<3