The Girl Next Door (A Minju x Chaewon FF)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ImJustKpopTrash

Winter__Roses
Author
Website
imjustkpoptrash.carrd.co
Credits
Ningning
Karina
Arin
Winter
Kim Chaewon was your average teenage girl, or so she thought. She arrived at campus on the 22nd September 2017, at the age of 16 years. She had light red hair, originally brown but she dyed it to stand out as her height wasn’t much of a help to differentiate her from her fellow classmates, she’s only around 5’5. She was born to a poor family who could barely supply ends meat to her growing up. She attended college to study Biology and Psychology.

Kim Minju, unlike Kim Chaewon, was not your average teenage girl. She was born to a wealthy family from a young age, she was raised to prestige and perfect. She never had to try to stand out and never so wanted to, so she kept her hair naturally coloured with a dark brown. She attended college at the request of her parents, even though she wishes she hadn’t. Arriving on campus on the 24th September 2017 to much excitement from her classmates. She studies Psychology, as she chose to do the bare minimum.
Chaewon's POV:
Staring out the nearest window, I took in my surroundings. It was really happening, I tried breathing out, it came out more of a wheeze which didn’t help to ease my nerves. I looked down at the box I was holding, it was what I’d call a relatively small box, containing some personal belongings of mine: A small slightly faded pink watch which was at least 2 hours out of the current time, two pieces of folded cloth which I believed to have held a necklace and a ring both previously having belonged to my deceased Grandma and a small diary, too dusty to determine the actual colour but I was led to believe it was a brown colour. Mostly a box of sentimental value over actual valuables. I gulped and pulled the box closer to my chest, feeling the coolness of the cardboard pressing into my chest was somewhat relieving or at least a distraction from what I had gotten myself into. I stepped out of the bus and felt a wave of air hit my face.

I hesitantly walked toward the small, mud path toward the school. It wasn’t very long but the view that surrounded it was beautiful, to one side there was an array of flowers. Blues, Greens, Reds all amazingly layed out in a beautiful pattern that would please any passerbyers eye. On the other side there was the University, while not the most pleasant looking, it was complimented nicely by an array of trees and small paths, with a small staircase leading up to the entrance. I stood in awe for a second, this place was truly like a fairytale. I quickly looked down as I felt my feet sink into the mud and grimaced slightly, moving along toward the reception.

I opened the door handle and carefully pulled it down, pushing the door open with my shoulder. It was unusually warm inside, no air conditioning I assumed, the heat caused me to be taken aback for a second before walking slowly along the small, fur rug toward the desk. The assistant sat behind the desk seemed to foreign, she spoke in what I could only describe as a Norweigein accent and was relatively small with dark brown - almost black - hair. The hair was done up in a loose ponytail and a strand of hair was resting on her forehead just above her eye. She looked up at me and nodded, asking quietly “what is your name?” I stood for a second, trying to gather the courage to reply before replying, in what I could only say was the slowest way possible, “Chaewon.” I stammered “Um, Kim Chaewon, I arrived here today”

Grabbing a sheet of paper from the side of her, she looked me up and down “You must be here to collect your dorm key, yes?” She asked after little thought, I nodded gently and smiled slightly. She returned no happiness and instead a glum look overtook her face, she grabbed a key and placed it on the desk. Paperwork soon followed and I frowned slightly, “what is this for?” She sighed and pointed toward the bottom of the paper, “you have to sign here to say that you’ve read the health and safety precautions and to say that if anything of your property is damaged or stolen that it is not the campuses fault.” She looked at her computer and glanced over something as I put down my box gently onto the floor in front of me and grabbed my bag off my back, rummaging around for my pencil case. I pulled out a small, blue pencil case with a Mamamoo badge attached to it, I opened it swiftly and pulled out a black pen. I didn’t want to waste any more of the assistants time as she looked at me impatiently, so I signed the paper as quickly as I could making sure to follow the instructions closely. I pushed the paper toward her and she grabbed it, nodding, “you may take the keys and go to your dorm now.” I grabbed my bag off the floor, placing my pencil case back in it and did it up, slumping it once again over my shoulder, I then picked up my box off the floor and began to head in the general direction of the dorms.

Looking down, I examined the key, it was small and seemed to be fairly new as it still had not rusted or turned off silver. I placed it in the palm of my hand and looked for a number, I quickly found that it had been engraved into the centre of the key and read “17” so I assumed that the room I had been designated was to be room 17. I walked down the hallway, every room was placed evenly apart, room 1,2,3. Turn the corner to the right, room 12,13,14,15,16 and room 17. I placed my box down and grabbed the handle, carefully pulling it down and opening it. The air was stuffy and it smelt like lavender, the room was relatively large I’d say, it was divided into the kitchen, bathroom, living room and bedroom. The living room had a small, light blue carpet with a navy sofa placed neatly in the middle, a coffee table was placed in arms length of the sofa. The TV was placed in the centre of this small glass table, it was a relatively new TV as it wasn’t yet collecting dust and didn’t have any prints on it.

I turned back toward the door that was nearest to the entrance, assuming that it was the bedroom, the door was painted white but the paint was beginning to chip away to reveal the browny-red colour of the door. I approached the door and carefully grabbed the handle, it was still relatively warm so the room must have been cleaned and prepared pretty recently. I nodded and carefully sat down on the bed, resting my back against the wall, the silence was nice… almost too nice, I supposed it had been a long day and decided to lay down. The sheets were warm, it was a comforting feeling, one I hadn’t felt in a long time… Not since the way she had wrapped her arms around me. I frowned instantly at the thought and shook my head, it has been almost 3 years… why was she still floating around in my head. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep, it had been a long day after all. But I felt like I couldn’t get my mind to stop racing, her words floated around my head every second of the day, I missed her more than I knew was possible to. After what felt like hours of tossing and turning on the bed, I finally settled in a position which felt comfortable and began to drift off to sleep. I sighed softly as I felt myself drift off, for once I felt at peace with everything.
This is just something that I came up with in my spare time, I'm not sure when I'll get time to update it but I thought it was a pretty decent idea so I wanted to post it here for the fun. And I'm not really the best writer but I hope that you'll enjoy reading it anyways!