The 12 remaining 3rd gen girl groups

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Note: I am not including Brave Girls in this list, as even though the current lineup are all 3rd gen idols, the title "Brave Girls" has been around since 2nd gen. I'm also not including AOA or CLC as despite there being no official disbandment notice made about either group, it's clear the company has no plans to give either group another comeback. I'm also not including active girl groups from 2nd gen, such as Apink.

Following the news that DIA is about to have their final comeback ever before disbandment, the remaining number of active/current 3rd gen girl groups will fall to 11. Here is my ranking of the 12 girl groups that debuted between 2012 and 2017 (as of today).

12th. HI CUTIE - I've ranked HI CUTIE last as I've genuinely never heard of them. But the fact they can be that nugu yet still promoting is incredible! They're icons for that
11th. LABOUM - I just don't like their music. They have one song I like (Turn It On) and that's it
10th. DIA - Same as LABOUM, I only have one song of theirs I like (WOOWA) however that song is so iconic to me so that's landed them as 10th. I hope their last comeback is good too
9th. MOMOLAND - Okay so 9th and 8th sort of just switch about a lot. I don't like many of MOMOLAND's songs, but the ones I do are so good. I also like parts of their other songs but other parts ruin it so it's like a mixed feeling
8th. BLACKPINK - I put them above MOMOLAND because even though I don't love much of their discography, I like more of their discography compared to MOMOLAND
7th. Red Velvet - I feel like my list is verrrry unpopular at the moment. But the gap between 8th and 7ths is BIG. I like several RV songs. In fact, the majority of the RV songs I like, I love. But their songs are either a complete hit or a complete miss for me, which is what stops me from loving their group
6th. Oh My Girl - Similar to Red Velvet, I like many of their songs and have generally good feelings towards them. Mostly its their recent music though. Though they do have some great title tracks in the past
5th. Weki Meki - Okay another pretty big jump. We're in groups I consider myself an actual fan of now. I've listened to practically all of WeMe's songs, and many of them are great. The main issue for me is none of them have much longevity. Practically none of their music is bad, I just get tired of it very quickly.
4th. Dreamcatcher - Same as Weki Meki, I just like their music a little more ig? They're one of the most unique groups in Kpop and I love their sound. Just again, I get tired of their songs easily. But there are several that also age SO GOOD (I'm looking at you Red Sun and In The Frozen)
3rd. Mamamoo - LE SHOCK! My Ex-Ult group in 3rd?!?! That's because if I'm being honest, MAMAMOO hit their peak between 2016 and 2018 and they've been going downhill since. Sorry I'm not that big of a fan of their songs from gogobebe onwards with WAWN as the exception. It makes me sad thinking we'll never get another Decalcomanie or Starry Night but it's okay
2nd. TWICE - A group that I used to not care for but then suddenly LOVED. Almost all their title hit except Alcohol Free I'm sorry that's the only one I dislike okay, and the two Japanese original songs I love? You guessed it, they're by TWICE. As for their bsides, I don't really know or like any of their bsides pre-2019, but oh my god Eyes Wide Open has some of the best bsides I can imagine, and you know what those girls did?? Yep they released FOL AND SHATTERED MY EXPECETATIONS. But there other bsides here and there I also like (cough Love Foolish). There's probably many hidden gems I don't know in their discography I just don't have the patience to go through them all LMAO
1st. WJSN - Okay originally they were in 2nd but I've changed my mind. I've actually listened to all of WJSN's discography, and while their older bsides let me down, practically all their releases 2019 onwards have been GOLD, with like a skip on their album being an anomalie. Their title tracks are amazing, with the exceptions of MoMoMo and Butterfly, but like I can't even be mad about Butterfly because NEVERLAND IS ONE OF KPOP'S BEST ALBUMS EVER. And oh my god the SUB-UNITS??? AHHHH. I love WJSN so much, and I hope there's plenty more albums to come from them because I'M NOT SATISFIED I NEED MORE. (Also shout out to BabyFace and Miracle for being 2 bsides from pre-2019 that I adore so much)

What's your ranking?

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
i can't believe there's only 12 left. i was thinking that surely there are some super nugu ggs left, but no. if they're that nugu, they've for sure disbanded. anyway, my ranking:

12. laboum - never listened to them.
11. hi cutie - they started out as a kid grp, and i never found their music to be special and their latest song, circus, wasn't v good.
10. dia - i love woowa and no, but idk any other songs.
9. wjsn - i only know unnatural and as you wish, but i'm highly interested in them, they have the potential to overtake 8th place one day.
8. momoland - i like a good bit of their songs, but i don't love any of their songs, and i feel no attachment to the grp as a whole or anything.
7. mamamoo - them and 6th were rly close, but a lot of mamamoo's bsides are hit or miss for me, and i haven't rly loved anything since aya. tho i do like the members more than 6th place's members and i'll be sad when they disband, but ultimately i let the amount of music i like be the deciding factor.
6. oh my girl - they were close w mamamoo, but i like more of omg's music, so they got the higher slot.
5. weki meki - i forgot how much i loved them until they released siesta, and my love was rekindled lol.
4. red velvet - one of my semi ults and i love most of their music.
3. dreamcatcher - another ult of mine, and imagining them disbanding almost physically hurts.
2. twice - i used to anti them, but now i love them lol. another one of my ults.
1. blackpink - they're my ult gg and i've been stanning them since 2016 as they were once of my first grps. idc what anyone else says abt them, how overrated ppl find them, or whatever: they have a v special part of my heart and they've been a great source of comfort to me during some rly hard times, so i'm thankful.

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
oh, i've got another one, maybe? busters debuted in 2017, but they're kind of another brave girls case. butsters the name and grp count as 3rd gen, but all but like, one current member was added to the lineup from 2018 onwards, making them 4th gen idols

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Dude where is Loona lol-
Also GWSN could possibly count. Elris/ALICE debuted in 2017
Loona as a group debuted in 2018. So did GWSN. As for Elris they weren’t on any lists I found so I didn’t realise they debuted in 2017

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Loona as a group debuted in 2018. So did GWSN. As for Elris they weren’t on any lists I found so I didn’t realise they debuted in 2017
Loona technically was active since 2016 but I see your point. There's no real cut off for 3rd to 4th gen and some people think 2018 is still 3rd gen so I wasn't sure

fvedolls

Band Manager
Credits
12. high cutie - i don’t know who that is
11. laboum - i feel bad for putting them down here but the other groups stand out to me more
10. blackpink - music is hit or miss
9. dia - lots of hit or misses too. woowa soty though!!!
8. mamamoo - i don’t really like their later releases but old releases were gold
7. oh my girl - i love a lot of their songs so they’re here
6. dreamcatcher - i would put them lower because im usually not a fan of their earlier releases (minus chase me) but title tracks from deja vu to now are really good (minus boca)
5. weki meki - a lot of good songs! a shame they still don’t have their first win yet
4. twice - my first ult group & group that got me into kpop. 90% of their songs are very solid but some are just kinda boring…
3. red velvet- also a very solid discography. some songs are hit or miss
2. wjsn - their songs are so good especially the last sequence album.
1. momoland - no skip discography. every song is very strong and catchy even when it’s generic.