Small/Random Details and Lines in Kpop Songs You Love

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
details or random moments in kpop songs that you just rlly like!

for example in up no more by twice, in the intro, before anybody starts singing, there's a small "hoo" (kinda like a sigh) in the background, and i just love it so much.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
There’s probably loads of examples I could name but I’ll name the one sticking out in my head the most.

Basically. The easiest way to describe it would just be “SHOOT! - BY ITZY” in capitals because oh my god.

The most obvious detail I love would be in the second chorus, where I believe either Ryujin or Chaeryeong is singing, where the instrumental changes very briefly in like a ringing sort of way. I love that part so much. It’s such a small thing but it sounds SO GOOD.

But like Shoot is so much better when you listen to it with headphones. THERES SO MANY HIDDEN VOCALS and if you listen closely you can pick them all out. Mostly sort of just talking and murmuring but they contribute so much to the song. One example I can give which is easy to notice is the outro with the “la la” part sung by Chaeryeong. While not immediately noticeable, during that part there’s like echoy las sang alongside it. It’s heavenly

Anyways that was my essay about why Shoot! is like my favourite ITZY song yep im declaring it right now

Edit: most of them are sung by Yuna as well LIKE HER IMPACT

Edit 2: omg I completely forgot to mention the chorus, where the members sing in age order, and then back again in reverse order

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
There’s probably loads of examples I could name but I’ll name the one sticking out in my head the most.

Basically. The easiest way to describe it would just be “SHOOT! - BY ITZY” in capitals because oh my god.

The most obvious detail I love would be in the second chorus, where I believe either Ryujin or Chaeryeong is singing, where the instrumental changes very briefly in like a ringing sort of way. I love that part so much. It’s such a small thing but it sounds SO GOOD.

But like Shoot is so much better when you listen to it with headphones. THERES SO MANY HIDDEN VOCALS and if you listen closely you can pick them all out. Mostly sort of just talking and murmuring but they contribute so much to the song. One example I can give which is easy to notice is the outro with the “la la” part sung by Chaeryeong. While not immediately noticeable, during that part there’s like echoy las sang alongside it. It’s heavenly

Anyways that was my essay about why Shoot! is like my favourite ITZY song yep im declaring it right now

Edit: most of them are sung by Yuna as well LIKE HER IMPACT

Edit 2: omg I completely forgot to mention the chorus, where the members sing in age order, and then back again in reverse order
omg, yes! and the age order thing is one of my favorites. i can't think of another song/grp that's done that, but it's rlly cool

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
the little 'uh uh' before the chorus in Kingdom Come by Red Velvet is immaculate
In Love Dive by Ive there is this kinda popping noise between the first verses in the chorus.
So in between Wonyoung/Leeseo's verse and Liz/Rei's verse in the chorus. It's just really satisfying and they have a bit of choreo that fits it really well.

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
in Pinky Star by GWSN in the beginning of the song there is a high note that I thought was just a vocal sample for something but it's actually GWSN's leader and main vocalist, Seoryoung! She does it on live stages too it's very impressive

moonlight

지유
Staff member
Credits
Cat Chasing A Heart
Cat Yawn
in UP by Yongguk after the intro the rap goes from silent then loud then bam just instrumental for a few bars then back to rapping
its so satisfying to listen to

for the ppl who don't know the song lol

Aeri <3

If your girl only knew
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Website
shes-dreamin.carrd.co
Credits
✧ Suho!! ✧
✧ Creamy Chanyeol ✧
✧ Aeon ✧
✧ Do Hanse ✧
Whenever exo says "E X O" it's sooooo good
Whenever Ateez says " Ateez present!" I love it so much man
Everglow in ever song they say Everglow to the beat and it fits soo well

Feeling Peachy

Forum Mod
Staff member
Credits
Johnny
Chen
Lay
Doyoung
I don’t know if this counts since it can only be heard in the MV, but in the instrumentals of the chorus in Red Velvet’s “Psycho”, there’s, like, sort of an orchestra playing along with the music, if that makes sense.

I just love the sound of it! It makes the song and the chorus feel so much more full and elegant! I always get so sad listening to the audio since it doesn’t have it. Like, I’ll get so excited and wait for it to happen, then remember only the MV has it and just deflate. I know I probably sound really overdramatic talking about an instrumental, but I just love that small detail the producers put in there!

(Sorry for the rant! I just couldn’t help it! I was given the opportunity to talk about it, and took it!)

behindthelightbyskz

Kpop Amateur
Website
insideyourwalls.com
Credits
hmm thats hard !! but in nct 127's sticker, taeyong's "sticker tagging, tagging, tagging" and yuta's "this melodrama" I LOVE IT.

and in shoot by itzy, chae's "i know it's like a fool but it's what i do" at the end is so......... god.

Last edited:

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
in b me by skz, right before han's verse, there's a second of silence. then han takes a deep breath and starts his verse w "maybe i'm not ready." ugh, i love it

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
I really love the audio clip in the beginning of Twice's "Hell in Heaven". It's from a movie from the '40s, "Eyes in the Night", and I just love it so much.
same! i knew as soon as i heard that clip that i would love the song. i kinda wanna watch that movie now lol

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I want to add a second one :
Go Hard by TWICE
almost the entire song is sung in a harmony and even though the lower harmony is the most present it’s so nice to hear all the different voices come together and make the song sound layered

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
-jisoo's "bing!" in the background of pretty savage
-shotaro going "twink" in the background of the 2nd verse of make a wish
-in locked inside a door by dreamcatcher, siyeon says "ahh ***" and it beeps out the second word (i think it's shibal) and i love it
-in ddd, somebody (hani, i think?) speaks her line right before le starts rapping