Reminder about language rule

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

escapism

๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ค ๐™จ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™š๐™ฉ ๐Ÿค
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
โœง Captain Price โœง
Death Note
It has caught our attention recently that some members have been using multiple foreign languages when they're posting in threads.

This post is a reminder from TOS (Forum Rules) to please only use english when creating or posting in threads.

However, you're allowed to use whichever language you like in PM's (Private Messages/Conversations) and/or VM's (Visitor Messages/Conversations on profiles) !

An exception could be the Korean Language forum in which it is suggested that you additionally provide an english translation of what you're posting in korean because the purpose there is to educate others.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you

Q & A
Question 1: What if you put Korean on a thread you make but you put a translation next to it? Like โ€œEnhypen on ์— ์นด์šดํŠธ๋‹ค์šด (M Countdown) for...โ€ or something of the sort? Also how about group names and their names? ์—”์‹œํ‹ฐ 127 / NCT 127, ํƒœ์šฉ / Taeyong, ํƒœ์ผ / Taeil
Answer:
In the Korean forums you are allowed to write in Korean, but not in every forum. We have English set as main language, so in other forums English is mandatory, else each person could talk in a different language making everything look messy. If you could provide the English translation anyway, there's no use in writing in a different language first.
Question 2: In the threads that are about Japanese, Chinese, Thai, etc., are you allowed to put that language onto the thread if a translation is there? I know you said that about Korean, but I didn't read about that for other languages. Just wanted to know if the same applies here as well.
Answer: No because we don't have Japanese language, Chinese language or Thai language forums so far.

A/N : more answers to any possible future questions will be edited here through time.

Last edited:

OatmealKookie

Kpop Fan
Korean 8 Years Thailand 3 America 4 years
Credits
Joohoney
Shownu
Seonghwa
Jongho
Aish... Understandable.... But I have A question. Why is it Just English Language that Can be Used... Shouldn't It be Able to be Used By All People Even If They Speak Korean. I not trying to start trouble I just think That rule is Kinda Different. Because There's A lot Of good Stuff on this website. I Just asking Why not make it Able for Everyone. Again Not trying to start Anything Just Asking.

Last edited:

OatmealKookie

Kpop Fan
Credits
Joohoney
Shownu
Seonghwa
Jongho
It has caught our attention recently that some members have been using multiple foreign languages when they're posting in threads.

This post is a reminder from TOS (Forum Rules) to please only use english when creating or posting in threads.

However, you're allowed to use whichever language you like in PM's (Private Messages/Conversations) and/or VM's (Visitor Messages/Conversations on profiles) !

An exception could be the Korean Language forum in which it is suggested that you additionally provide an english translation of what you're posting in korean because the purpose there is to educate others.

Thank you.
Aish... Understandable.... But I have A question. Why is it Just English Language that Can be Used... Shouldn't It be Able to be Used By All People Even If They Speak Korean. I not trying to start trouble I just think That rule is Kinda Different. Because There's A lot Of good Stuff on this website. I Just asking Why not make it Able for Everyone. Again Not trying to start Anything Just Asking

http.yyanggii

๐ˆ ๐ ๐จ ๐›๐ฒ๐ž ๐›๐ฒ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž
Author

Thank you.
Question- What if you put Korean on a thread you make but you put a translation next to it? Like โ€œEnhypen on ์— ์นด์šดํŠธ๋‹ค์šด (M Countdown) for...โ€ or something of the sort? Also how about group names and their names?
์—”์‹œํ‹ฐ 127 / NCT 127
ํƒœ์šฉ / Taeyong
ํƒœ์ผ / Taeil

saaylhy

๐Ÿงฃ
Author
Website
nahidanahida.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Jinx
Levi Ackerman
Kirari Momobami
Aish... Understandable.... But I have A question. Why is it Just English Language that Can be Used... Shouldn't It be Able to be Used By All People Even If They Speak Korean. I not trying to start trouble I just think That rule is Kinda Different. Because There's A lot Of good Stuff on this website. I Just asking Why not make it Able for Everyone. Again Not trying to start Anything Just Asking
English is an international language, and i think 99% of the users can speak it. We're using this rule to keep the forums not confusing. if it can help you, use a translator.
Or let me/us know if there's a problem.

escapism

Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
โœง Captain Price โœง
Death Note
Admin team set this rule. But I guess it's because english is most commonly used by everyone so the forums can be for everyone :)
Question- What if you put Korean on a thread you make but you put a translation next to it? Like โ€œEnhypen on ์— ์นด์šดํŠธ๋‹ค์šด (M Countdown) for...โ€ or something of the sort? Also how about group names and their names?
์—”์‹œํ‹ฐ 127 / NCT 127
ํƒœ์šฉ / Taeyong
ํƒœ์ผ / Taeil
As long as there's an english translation next to it I guess that's fine but let me ask an admin first just to make sure please.

OatmealKookie

Kpop Fan
Credits
Joohoney
Shownu
Seonghwa
Jongho
English is an international language, and i think 99% of the users can speak it. We're using this rule to keep the forums not confusing. if it can help you, use a translator.
Or let me/us know if there's a problem.
I Am the Translator.. Haha.. Again No problems Towards Any Of ya'll. it's Just Lately People started Making Fun of me For Sometime Using Korean In my sentence When I can't Remember Words And it's really Hurtful. And I know 100% that's, that not what you guys are trying to do. I guess. Actually I have no idea what i guess.

escapism

Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
โœง Captain Price โœง
Death Note
I Am the Translator.. Haha.. Again No problems Towards Any Of ya'll. it's Just Lately People started Making Fun of me For Sometime Using Korean In my sentence When I can't Remember Words And it's really Hurtful. And I know 100% that's, that not what you guys are trying to do. I guess. Actually I have no idea what i guess.
If someone is being rude to you for the way you text here you can always report them to us.
English is not my first language either, you don't need to worry for not being fluent enough. There shouldn't be any judging for any mistakes and if you ever feel that someone is being rude to you about it, you tell us asap. This is a friendly community and no hate or negativity in general is allowed!

escapism

Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
โœง Captain Price โœง
Death Note
@monokyo_world

After contacting the administration I received this answer about your question using korean in threads but adding the english translation next to it.

"In the Korean forums they are allowed to write in Korean, but not in every forum. We have English set as main language, so in other forums English is mandatory, else each person could talk in a different language making everything look messy. If they could provide the English translation anyway what's even the use in writing in a different language first?"

So members are allowed to use korean only in korean language forum (always with an english translation included) but not in any other forum. And that goes for any other foreign language aswell. I repeat that in private conversations and profile posts everyone is free to use any language they want.

vanillasakuraaa

๐—ณ ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐˜†, ๐—ฐ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—บ ๐—ผ๐—ณ๐—ณ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜€๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐˜€
Author
mhm. understandable.

escapism

Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
โœง Captain Price โœง
Death Note
In the threads that are about Japanese, Chinese, Thai, etc., are you allowed to put that language onto the thread if a translation is there? I know you said that about Korean, but I didn't read about that for other languages. Just wanted to know if the same applies here as well
No because we don't have Japanese language, Chinese language or Thai language forums so far.