Red Velvet's Irene Posts Heartfelt Apology In Letter To Fans

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

escapism

𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙩 🤍
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
✧ Captain Price ✧
Death Note
IMG_20210115_153205.jpg

"Hello. This is Irene. It’s been snowing lots and the weather is getting cold. Is everyone doing well? It’s late but I’m nervous coming to greet you guys via a post like this. Firstly, I wanted to apologize for causing many people such a huge pain and for worrying everyone due my lacking ways. When I was 19, in 2009, I started my trainee life and up to now, I stood before everyone as Red Velvet’s Irene. This is my life’s everything. As I came to an age that is both young and mature while living in the small society that is called the entertainment industry, I wanted to do better than anyone at my work, and I have always thought that achieving that is what is the most important to me. As I thought personally that I’ve been getting along fine with people around me, I did not realize that the way I communicate or express myself could become a problem and I thought that everyone’s way of communication was just different respectively.

In response to the past incident, I have been at the receiving end of much worry and reprimand, both by the public and of course, people around me. Due to this, I had the time to silently reflect on myself. Also, although I am undeserving, there were the members, fans and staff that took care of me by my side and I came to the realisation that it was due to the care of these people that I was able to promote without much issue all this while.

Just as much as we are unable to turn back time, I am also making efforts so as not to go back to my past self. I have realized the gravity of words and actions and will become a more mature person. In the future, I will not only try to show good sides of me as Red Velvet’s leader and as a singer, but I will also work hard so as not to disappoint everyone as the human, Bae Juhyun.

As this is something that happened due to my lacking ways, I hope that there will not be any more people that receive criticism due to it. It is late but, happy new year."
— Irene