Randomly being transported to download pages on laptop forums

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Usually I use the forums from my phone and I don't have these issues there, but these last couple days I've been experiencing this when using the forums on Google chrome.

I noticed that if I closed a specific ad on the main page (I think on Thursday), it would take me off the forums onto a new page for an ad block. This really freaked me out, quite largle due to the fact I used to study computer science and am very conscious about malicious software such as viruses. I didn't click anything on the site obviously and just went straight back to the forums. I used the forums again from laptop on Friday and I didn't face these issues even when closing adverts. But just now I logged back on from laptop and it took me to a page again even though I swear this time I didn't even try to close an ad. (Edit to add: I think this happened at least 3 times on Thursday, and maybe once or twice just now I wasn't counting I just panicked again lol...)

I've been constantly running virus scans as I'm very scared this is going to damage my laptop. If anyone knows why this is happening and can suggest any solution I'd be greatful as there are a lot of things that are a lot easier to do from laptop than phone D:

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
39838A9C-F5D0-4371-A956-B597B0DEC24F.png
Here is a picture of a page it brought me too. All I did was close the forums to switch to a different account. When I came back the page had become this. And then again when I tried to attach this picture to this thread from my laptop, when I opened the thread a different ad block page came up

stanloona

CEO
Website
caijklm.carrd.co
Credits
Sakuma Ritsu
LOONA
Orbit Crown
As long as you dont click the ad nothing will happen to your computer its just a type of ad scammers use to ruin computers. I have a chrome extension to just block any ad so i dont have to risk getting a virus.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I use a chrome extension called AdBlock.
I think I found the right one... I've literally done 3 virus scans within the last 5 mins LOL. I'm not seeing any ads rn so hopefully that's a good sign! Thanks for your help

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
which specific adblock is it? I search in the google chrome store thing and there's a bunch
The one I got was just called "AdBlock" and had a couple hundred thousand reviews. The icon was like a red sign with a hand or something. Idk if you're looking to download it or something but that's the one I got......... seeing the forums without ads feels too safe now. I never realised how much of my time here was trying to dodge potential adware-

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
The one I got was just called "AdBlock" and had a couple hundred thousand reviews. The icon was like a red sign with a hand or something. Idk if you're looking to download it or something but that's the one I got......... seeing the forums without ads feels too safe now. I never realised how much of my time here was trying to dodge potential adware-
found it and you're right it looks so weird!

chaechae.core

Band Manager
Website
mintchocochaechae.carrd.co
Credits
Growing Heart
Chaeyoung
Felix
Chaewon
Usually I use the forums from my phone and I don't have these issues there, but these last couple days I've been experiencing this when using the forums on Google chrome.

I noticed that if I closed a specific ad on the main page (I think on Thursday), it would take me off the forums onto a new page for an ad block. This really freaked me out, quite largle due to the fact I used to study computer science and am very conscious about malicious software such as viruses. I didn't click anything on the site obviously and just went straight back to the forums. I used the forums again from laptop on Friday and I didn't face these issues even when closing adverts. But just now I logged back on from laptop and it took me to a page again even though I swear this time I didn't even try to close an ad. (Edit to add: I think this happened at least 3 times on Thursday, and maybe once or twice just now I wasn't counting I just panicked again lol...)

I've been constantly running virus scans as I'm very scared this is going to damage my laptop. If anyone knows why this is happening and can suggest any solution I'd be greatful as there are a lot of things that are a lot easier to do from laptop than phone D:
PHEW
this has been happening to me on here as well.
I thought I was the only one,
but as long as you get an adblocker, I'm pretty sure you're good!