Quintessential Variety Shows

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

PastelPetals

Kpop Rookie
Credits
What variety shows would you show to somebody who had never seen one?

I think of knowing bros, idol room, running man, and hello counselor (not a fan of that one but I feel like everyone has at least seen a clip of that show)

PastelPetals

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Weekly Idol, but not this era, maybe from several years ago (even though Doni and Coni are trash).
Yes weekly idol and then idol room after that were really important to me for staying up to date on things and getting to know new groups...I watch much less now because of the whole doni and coni being trash thing

PastelPetals

Kpop Rookie
Credits
I think ''The Law of the Jungle''
Yes! That one I think is both ionic and super unique as most shows like it in the west feature people who audition for that show only and not really celebrities most of the time.

Credits
Happy Camp.
It's not a Korean variety show, but it's been around for a long time. It's been airing since I think 1997.
It's pretty well known in China, and there have been some Kpop idols on there like EXO, WayV, Nichkhun and Wooyoung, and Uniq.
So if you want to learn more about more popular groups, actors, or idols in general in China, it's a great variety show to start with. 😊