My Thought's on Episode One of We Are Young + Extras (Chinese Survival Show)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Credits
Hello! 你好!
I'm doing a review of episode one of We Are Young. It's a Chinese survival show being aired on Youku. Youku is the only platform this year I believe that are doing a male idol survival show. (if I'm wrong on this please correct me!)
Just a quick note: In order to vote for any of the trainees you have to have a Youku account, which might be difficult for English speaking fans as the whole Youku app is in Chinese, and as far as I know of there isn't a translation button for English. If anyone needs help setting up a Youku account you can message me and I'll help you set one up.
We Are Young was met with a lot of excitement and anticipation because of the mentors that were announced, such as Yixing (Lay), Cheng Xiao (WJSN), and Jackson Yee (TF Boys). There were many trainees that are on We Are Young from previous survival shows like, Idol Producer, All For One, CHUANG 2019, and Qing Chun You Ni.
This survival show is setup differently than previous survival shows, as they aren't being graded into A,B,C, and F ranks. Instead there is two zones Entry zone, and To be determined zone. Each mentor also got a safety card, so if a trainee failed to get into the entry zone, a mentor could use that card to move that trainee into the entry zone.
There was quite a common trend that I noticed that was going on through out the show. In Chinese there is a phrase called "回锅肉" , which is a Chinese pork dish that is cooked twice, this phrase usually isn't used in a positive way, but instead negative. In this case the phrase was used to describe trainees who had failed to debut before on other survival shows, or their group failed after debuting. Many trainees in episode one referred to themselves as being called 回锅肉, in the group that was performing Exo's Monster, I believe all of the trainees had some previous experience in other survival shows. 苏尔 (Su Er) talked and cried about being called 回锅肉, as he had debuted before, but he had only performed once before his group disbanded.
I really respect Yixing and Jackson for speaking up about this tag that people had begun to put onto many of the trainees who are participating on We Are Young.
Jackson shared his thoughts on the 回锅肉 label, hr said the label was very annoying and those that were using the label should think about themselves first and reflect. He also went on to comment about everyone on the show that had failed to debut before or who were on a survival show. He told them that they were all strong enough to start from the bottom again and work themselves back up, and to have another chance to debut while having others watching them. He said that they should all be really happy about that, as not everyone would have a strong enough mentality to do that, to start themselves from the bottom again.
Yixing (Lay) also talked about the 回锅肉 label in a backstage interview saying that if fans were putting that label onto contestants, than he would also count as being under the 回锅肉 label. "What is 回锅肉?" 肉 is 肉 (meat is meat rough translation). Yixing said that whenever someone joins a new survival show it's a new start for that trainee.
Not completely sure if I caught this, but I believe if you didn't make it into the entry zone, you were eliminated. Not completely positive, but I think that's what happened, or you were reevaluated. As the 86 participants went down to 51 I believe.

Current Top 9 from QQ Music:
1. Li Xikan - 1 M votes
2. Cui Shaopeng - 330 K Votes
3. Hu Wenxuan - 290 K Votes
4. Zuo Ye- 220 K Votes
5. Xu Shengen - 220 K Votes
6. Lin Mo - 190 K Votes
7. Li Hao - 130 K Votes
8. Lin Ran - 110 K Votes
9. Luo Jie - 100 K Votes

(Li Xikan is already pretty well known as he debuted with Mr. X)
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Not part of Episode One, but I was so late to post this that this has already been rumored:
-The final group will have 7 memebrs that will debut under SNZM on Auguat 28th
-Eliminations will be held on July 24 in which 51 trainees will go down to 30 trainees
-Another elimination will happen on August 14 in which 30 trainees will go down to 15.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
I'm personally currently rooting for Li Xikan, and Guo Zhen

Xunlun was dancing to G-IDLES Uh-Oh, Boyu, Yichen, Jarrell, and Shaopeng is dancing to TWICE's What is Love