LunchClub Twitter Stans Go Brrrr & More

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
V

vegasprotagonist

Here is a topic I though was interesting and wanted to share with you because kpop twitter stans and lunchclub twitter stans act the same way. I hope that if you don't know who the LunchClub is you could check them out and give them some love.

The Drama
So what had originally happened to start the stans to get aggressive is when Carson King (a.k.a. CallMeCarson) decided to finally adress some of the stan behaviour that had been bothering him and his friends in a livestream. He commented on how the stans really grossed him out and made him and his friends uncomfortable. After this stream the whole fandom was cut in half between the people who condemned the stans behavior and the ones who didn't.

Katerino And Her Garbage
Katerino (a.k.a. Kate) was basically a nobody streamer until she met Carson. Personally I'm not a fan of her. She was a streamer that suddenly gained popularity after being on a certain episode of the Rajalor with Carson, leading to the end where Carson had picked her. They ended up doing more streams together and acting all cute but in reality Katerino was using him to boost herself. She had been seeing other men besides Carson including his best friend at the time Cameron (a.k.a Fitz or goodguyFitz) and slept with him. She had claimed that they we're never dating (her and Carson) and said she wasn't in control. She had a boyfriend at the time which was her manager.

After that whole thing Carson blocked both of them on Twitter, deleted any videos he had with them, and then went into hiding. When a fan guessed what had happened he (Carson) accidentally brought the whole situation under the spotlight leading to more drama than needed and caused the stans to go wild and attack Kate and Cameron. Which then caused everyone to give apologies and go into hiding for awhile.

Stans Are Terrible
The stans now recently are trying to cancel Carson's friends on twitter after claiming that they have been racist and taking clips from twitch out of context causing Carson to begin to hate the stans even more than he already did. The stans claimed that they we're only "protecting him" and "trying to help" which clearly didn't work. Carson addressed this on twitter once more and the stans actually started to get angry at him causing him to block them and make them upset. He just made jokes about it and tried to move on.

The Point Of This Thread
I want to see and discuss change. For the mental health of the LunchClub and the fans. This kind of behaviour really grinds my gears because I get crammed in with the stans and become less of an equal amongst my peers and/or people I meet. The behavior of the stans is so toxic that it represents the fandom as a whole and instead of addressing us as "fans" the LunchClub addresses us as "stans" and it bothers me.

I want to discuss toxic fandoms and stans with you to try and understand why it is the way that it is. I'll update this thread with more things when I find them.