line distribution

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

https.jisoobiased

𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐨'𝐬 #𝟏 𝐟𝐚𝐧
Author
Website
momosupremacy2.carrd.co
Credits
Jihyo
Shuhua
Chaeyoung
Aisha
I decided to make this thread while listening to (G)I-DLE's New title track called "Hwaa" on their 4th mini album "I Burn"

In the song Shuhua only gets around 5 lines, she doesn't even get to sing a sentence. I understand if she has a weak voice and what not but this has been going on since they debuted.

Another idol who also has barley any lines is ViVi from LOONA, in their title track "Why Not?" She also has less lines like the rest of their songs.

What is your opinion on this?

K-fan_2003

πΏπ‘œπ‘œπ“€ 𝒷𝒢𝒸𝓀 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“ˆπ“‚π’Ύπ“π‘’, π“‰π’½π‘’π“Ž π“Œπ‘’π“‡π‘’ π‘”π‘œπ‘œπ’Ή π“‰π’Ύπ“‚π‘’π“ˆ
Credits
User Title Change
ON/OFF
Chocolate Cupcake
I decided to make this thread while listening to (G)I-DLE's New title track called "Hwaa" on their 4th mini album "I Burn"

In the song Shuhua only gets around 5 lines, she doesn't even get to sing a sentence. I understand if she has a weak voice and what not but this has been going on since they debuted.

Another idol who also has barley any lines is ViVi from LOONA, in their title track "Why Not?" She also has less lines like the rest of their songs.

What is your opinion on this?
Jisoo a,so doesn’t get many lines

LostInTheDream

🧚Iα‘Žα—©α‘•TIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Jisoo a,so doesn’t get many lines
On the contrary I think Jisoo gets a lot of lines compared to most idols.
Sure she may not get the most in each Blackpink song, but it's not like the other 3 girls get drastically more.
Even in their latest ballad song "You Never Know" she got about a minute of lines. Usually with these types of songs the Main Vocal would get the most.

https.jisoobiased

𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐨'𝐬 #𝟏 𝐟𝐚𝐧
Author
Website
momosupremacy2.carrd.co
Credits
Jihyo
Shuhua
Chaeyoung
Aisha
On the contrary I think Jisoo gets a lot of lines compared to most idols.
Sure she may not get the most in each Blackpink song, but it's not like the other 3 girls get drastically more.
Even in their latest ballad song "You Never Know" she got about a minute of lines. Usually with these types of songs the Main Vocal would get the most.
i agree, as a person who's ult bias is Jisoo I can confirm that in "You Never Know" She did indeed get the most lines, in other songs she may fight the last position with Jennie and Lisa but it isn't like she always get's 1 second of the line distribution. I think (G)I-DLE'S can be pretty unfair, with Soyeon usually dominating the line distribution

LostInTheDream

🧚Iα‘Žα—©α‘•TIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
I think in some cases the line distribution is the way it is because it benefits the song.
Like for example, the demo for Everglow's song "Adios" features Onda getting some of Mia's lines. But her voice didn't suit the part, so it went to Mia.
Rookie groups also tend to distribute lines to the main position members, or the ones who have the most stamina and skill in that moment. So members who are still developing their skills may get few lines. Companies like to play it safe.
A good example of this is Monsta X. In their beginning years most of the lines went to Kihyun, Shownu, Wonho, and the rap line. Now a couple years later, Minhyuk and Hyungwon are getting a lot more lines as their skills grew.
But there are some circumstances where the lines could have been given to someone.

saaylhy

🧣
Author
Website
nahidanahida.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Jinx
Levi Ackerman
Kirari Momobami
i will say my opinion.
It's CRAAAAZY how agencies do not balance their line distribution. Like Vivi, if we put together all of her lines from all of Loona's songs, you have about forty seconds.
Jisoo was also a victim of this, but it got a bit 'settled'
You made your group with X members, you distributed the lines equally. Otherwise it is not fair!

https.jisoobiased

𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐨'𝐬 #𝟏 𝐟𝐚𝐧
Author
Website
momosupremacy2.carrd.co
Credits
Jihyo
Shuhua
Chaeyoung
Aisha
here is some evidence of (G)I-DLE having unfair line distribution so you guys can see what I mean:
nCfdcbNnpsYKmW8gT51khd3Gybq0fyZo4lMU-KKV9YfoMKsBFR_jED-ZXaZcWzO91_wPWjWc9dZWEP5rONMMEO9cETOhd2treQ=w960-rj-nu-e365

main-qimg-bd39456b0e8d8c5bb288335d1ef21106

%25EC%258A%2588%25ED%2599%25942.jpg

acat

Kpop Expert
Credits
Yeosang
Seungmin
Yunho
here is some evidence of (G)I-DLE having unfair line distribution so you guys can see what I mean:
nCfdcbNnpsYKmW8gT51khd3Gybq0fyZo4lMU-KKV9YfoMKsBFR_jED-ZXaZcWzO91_wPWjWc9dZWEP5rONMMEO9cETOhd2treQ=w960-rj-nu-e365

main-qimg-bd39456b0e8d8c5bb288335d1ef21106

%25EC%258A%2588%25ED%2599%25942.jpg
The consistently horrible line distribution (G)I-DLE has is very annoying. But the Hwaa line distribution pisses me off the most, Shuhua has a great voice and it was really showcased KBS Apink cover a couple weeks ago. Yet she practically has no lines in this song.
Since this song clearly has Chinese influences I would have actually given Yuqi and Shuhua main roles since they are Chinese and Taiwanese.
Anyway the song is good, but the line distribution is trash

lynch.

NOT EVEN GHOSTS ARE THIS EMPTY
Credits
User Title Change
User Title Change
✧ Emo Spongebob ✧
Username Change
hella upset bc Vivi always gets little to no lines. i was happy to hear a little bit of her in why not.

acat

Kpop Expert
Credits
Yeosang
Seungmin
Yunho
Shuhua's Chinese Fanclub said they won't be buying an I Burn albums or help promote (G)-Idle's activity due to Shuhua's lack of lines and screen time, they are focusing on Shuhua's individual promotion.
Hopefully this will help Cube realise their mistake.

K-fan_2003

πΏπ‘œπ‘œπ“€ 𝒷𝒢𝒸𝓀 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“ˆπ“‚π’Ύπ“π‘’, π“‰π’½π‘’π“Ž π“Œπ‘’π“‡π‘’ π‘”π‘œπ‘œπ’Ή π“‰π’Ύπ“‚π‘’π“ˆ
Credits
User Title Change
ON/OFF
Chocolate Cupcake

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover πŸ’ž
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
β˜† ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] β˜†
I think this issue is very complicated and stretches far beyond a simple β€œit’s bad” or β€œit’s whatever”.
Every single idol is different and every situation is different.
The majority of what I see seems to be foreign idols being the ones who get excluded (in the cases of Vivi and Shuhua). I’ve heard in the past Shuhua expressed that she wasn’t as confident in Korean, and in videos I’ve seen Yuqi translating for her so this could genuinely be the case. However in songs such as OMG and Lion Shuhua sang proper verses, so she’s proven that she can sing. As for Vivi I’m not sure I just know Haseul had to help her practise for Everyday I Love You.
However, there’s also plenty of idols who are not foreign who do get neglected line wise. Immediately what springs to my mind are Lucy and Lua of Weki Meki. This is a unique case in itself for many reasons. 1, Weki Meki has both Doyeon and Yoojung of ex-IOI, which has lead to pushes for them to get attention from old fans. Furthermore (I’m not extremely confident in positions so I can’t speak for Lucy) but Lua is a main dancer and I’ve seen her performing a lot of major parts, especially during their debut era.
Then of course there’s Jisoo’s case. Like the people above me pointed out she does have a lot more lines than the other people I’ve mentioned. However it is important to point out she does get less than the other members quite frequently especially during title tracks. To put it simply, similar to Weki Meki I think this is just because Jisoo is often considered the least popular member (not hating she’s my bias). Companies at the end of the day are a business. Businesses like money. To get the money they push the idols who will get them the most of that.
And then there’s rappers (Eg MoonByul) who despite having smaller groups will automatically fall back in line distributions simply because rap parts are usually quicker paced. However they also do seem to get neglected with the opportunity to sing any vocal parts which is a shame coz a lot of rappers are beautiful singers.
Finally, there’s the issue of group numbers. Groups like LOONA, WJSN and IZ*ONE have so many members that it’s impossible to constantly distribute fair lines while ALSO balancing positions (I get LOONA doesn’t have positions but yeh). However, I do think it’s unfair to always have the same members get everything while leaving others with little.

Thank you for reading my essay on this topic. I wish I could write like this for my school work