J-Pop?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

An Okay Rock

Unreal
Staff member
Website
storyofarock.carrd.co
Credits
Maple Syrup
Heart Cookies
Heart Jewel
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
Does anyone actually listen to any Japanese groups/bands/soloists? Like I've heard people whisper about them but I mean I just don't know, it doesn't seem as popular as k-pop and maybe its because they haven't as made as many attempts to break into the western market but like most people are pretty silent about j-pop in general unless the group did like an anime opening or something. If there is anyone you listen to, could you recommend them to me...please? I only know a few bands currently.

snsdpavedtheway

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Jpop isnt as popular but kpop is very jpop influenced, especially in its genesis. Japan was and still is one of the most lucrative market South Korea has always been trying to get into. Jpop created kpop, so if you like one youll probs like the other.

OppaIsTrash

Kpop Expert
Website
twitter.com
Credits
☆ SEVENTEEN - Rock With You [Ver. D] ☆
Wonho
oh? i never considered jpop to be that, i guess "unpopular" but maybe that's bc i've been listening to it longer/more consistently kinda.

but one of the reasons its not as widely talked about as kpop, for instance, is bc it's actually kinda hard to get into it? with kpop all the mvs are on youtube and the songs are on spotify, but jpop songs aren't always on spotify and the mvs that are on youtube are region-locked, deleted or uploaded by fans. i remember seeing some websites specifically for finding jpop mvs, but for the most part you have to buy the singles or pirate them from torrenting sites.

anyway, some of my personal favorite jpop artists are:
  • kyrary pamyu pamyu
  • perfume
  • kavka shishido
  • nmb48
  • namie amuro
  • ayumi hamasaki
  • daoko
  • wednesday campanella
  • do as infinity
  • babymetal
not all of them are strictly jpop i suppose. some crossover into jrock. gackt specifically is visual kei. babymetal is idol metal/kawaii metal.
i used to find jpop artists to listen to by looking into the artists of anime credits songs that i like. which was actually how i first discovered kpop! my first kpop artist, BoA, did a song for one of my first animes, InuYasha!

Hyunlina Tozaki

Kpop Expert
Credits
Gahyeon
ROTHY
Heize
Chaeyoung
ARRAN - BEEB BEEB, She's from a Japanese singer, she's beautiful, she sings and raps well. listen to that song plssss💕💕💕

snsdpavedtheway

Kpop Rookie
Credits
oh? i never considered jpop to be that, i guess "unpopular" but maybe that's bc i've been listening to it longer/more consistently kinda.

but one of the reasons its not as widely talked about as kpop, for instance, is bc it's actually kinda hard to get into it? with kpop all the mvs are on youtube and the songs are on spotify, but jpop songs aren't always on spotify and the mvs that are on youtube are region-locked, deleted or uploaded by fans. i remember seeing some websites specifically for finding jpop mvs, but for the most part you have to buy the singles or pirate them from torrenting sites.

anyway, some of my personal favorite jpop artists are:
  • kyrary pamyu pamyu
  • perfume
  • kavka shishido
  • nmb48
  • namie amuro
  • ayumi hamasaki
  • daoko
  • wednesday campanella
  • do as infinity
  • babymetal
not all of them are strictly jpop i suppose. some crossover into jrock. gackt specifically is visual kei. babymetal is idol metal/kawaii metal.
i used to find jpop artists to listen to by looking into the artists of anime credits songs that i like. which was actually how i first discovered kpop! my first kpop artist, BoA, did a song for one of my first animes, InuYasha!

Hatsune Miku exists

snsdpavedtheway

Kpop Rookie
Credits
I really like OppaIsTrash's selection of groups and i really love a lot of them too. I would also recommend:
  • Frederic
  • Passepied
  • Utada Hikaru
  • Shiina Ringo (and Tokyo Jihen)
  • Flower
Im also gonna link my favorite song of each band and soloist so you can also browse (theyre all in order so dont worry):

Added bonuses:

Utada Hikaru's and Shiina Ringo's collab song which is my ultimate favorite of both artists:

My favorite Tokyo Jihen song, which is Shiina Ringo's band:

KpopJpopCpopTpopVpop

Band Leader
Credits
Dowoon
Lay
Joohoney
Yeosang
If your into BGs I have a few that I listen to.
They are:
. Da-iCE - my ult group
. Flow back
. Hey! Say! Jump! - used to have 9 members now I think they only have 8.
. X4
. Prizma X
. M!LK - overall age a bit younger than some other the other groups (if you like younger groups then I think Satoori Boys Club are younger)
. Bullet Train
. XOX
. MadKid
. Super Dragon
. Magic Prince
. Boys And Men - they are an older group but are still very good
. Ivvy
. EBiSSH
. One And Only
. Exile Tribe (with subunits) - Subunits include Rampage from Exile Tribe, J -Soul Brothers, Ballistikz Boys from Rampage. There are more I think. I not sure i got the names exactly right as i dont know them very well (they are also an older group)
More Underrated Groups:
. YsR
. Super Fantasy
. WhiteA
. Amazon Night
. GRiT
. NoName - very good but very underrated
Jrock:
. Dish//
. Ryoga - Jpop/Jrock
. Spyair
. One Ok Rock - sings mainly on English but may have a couple of Japanese lines
If you want more info on any of these bands or examples of their music I can help!
All of these artists do have their music videos on YouTube, which how I found out about them. Some of these artists are also on spotify. Obvs it depends on where you live for both spotify and YouTube.

swolulumoo

Kpop Amateur
Website
swettloop.carrd.co
Credits
one ok rock, the rampage, fantastics, ballistik boyz, generations, j soul brothers, exile the second, psychic fever, happiness, sixtones, snow man, one n' only, prizmax, intersection, jo1, octpath, nik, maboroshi, be:first, arashi, hey! say! jump, king & prince, m!lk, sexy zone, johnny's west, bullet train, kat-tun, news, kanjani8, kis-my-ft2, a.b.c-z, naniwa danshi, dish//, genin wa jibun ni aru., buddiis