Is APINK Naeun rude or YG's incompetence?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Naomi

❤ VIC10TION ❤
Credits
Bugs Bunny
Subin
Byungchan
Hanse
Back in December 2021, APINK's label IST Entertainment (formerly Play M Entertainment) announced that the girl group would be returning with a new release sometime in February of this year. Their upcoming comeback would be a special album in celebration of their 10th anniversary since their debut.

In addition, the album is even more special as all six members would be participating in the album, jacket art, and in the lead track's music video, amid Naeun being under YG Entertainment now.

However, on January 17, it was announced by both YG Entertainment and IST Entertainment that Naeun would only be joining the production of the album and music video, and that she will not be participating in the group's comeback promotions due to schedule conflicts.

Following this announcement, the news was met with mixed reactions. While one side understands why Naeun can't participate in the group's promotions due to her conflicting schedule as an actress and is currently starring in the ongoing tvN drama "Ghost Doctor," the other side don't think the same.

On January 18, a netizen's post regarding Naeun's absence from group promotions titled "We have shielded Naeun until now" trended at No. 7 on the popular community forum Nate Pann.

According to the post, the netizen, who is allegedly a Panda (APINK's fandom), claimed that the group's fanbase has been protecting Naeun consistently despite the idol-actress receiving flak for her lack of communication with fans on APINK's official fan cafe for the past two or three years.

In addition to her lack of communication, the fan also pointed out her careless attitude towards the group's choreography, as well as not dying her hair for the comeback like her fellow APINK members due to her drama filming.

Many netizens left comment such as, "Son Naeun is too busy? Jung Eunji is also super busy and it's worse that Jung Eunji has a morning drama, is a fixed cast on a variety show and is preparing for another drama. She seems to be busier than Son Naeun though?," "I feel sorry for the label. I feel like they had invested a lot into the album, and suddenly...," and "I can say that I have feelings too, but actions speak louder than words. Naeun needs to know that she should show her intentions with actions after moving to a new label," among others.

Source: KpopStarz

Last edited:

Naomi

❤ VIC10TION ❤
Credits
Bugs Bunny
Subin
Byungchan
Hanse
Simply put.. Naeun will be sitting out for the group comeback due to her conflicting schedules as an actress

--

I honestly think this is a poor management from YG for not discussing with IST regarding the schedules.
IST announced group comeback WAY earlier which YG should have known before deciding to get her BUSY
My poor girls having to practice again and divide parts 😞

Last edited:

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I think there could be a lack of communication between the two companies, I mean YG hasn’t really got the best track record of managing their artists and so having to communicate with a whole other company about whether their artist will promote with them doesn’t really seem like a YG thing to do. But yknow, we don’t know Naeun and maybe there is an issue that we don’t know of as kpop fans. I guess we all just have to enjoy the promotions for how they come