Imitation [이미테이션] (2021) Official Thread

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
Imitation (이미테이션) is an upcoming KDrama starring Jung Ji-so, Lee Jun-young, Jeong Yun-ho, and Park Ji-yeon. Based on the webtoon of the same name, the series is set to air on KBS2's Friday 23:10 KST time slot beginning on May 7, 2021
Source
Plot
Lee Ma-ha (Jung Ji-so) is a member of the Kpop girl group "Tea Party". Despite the group's lack of popularity, Ma-ha has received some media attention due to her physical resemblance to the popular solo singer, La Ri-ma (Park Ji-yeon). During a reality TV program where idols participate in sporting events, Ma-ha accidentally injures Hyuk (Choi Jong-ho), a member of the famous boy group Shax. Another member of Shax, Kwon Ryok (Lee Jun-young), develops a dislike of Ma-ha as a result of both the incident and her attempts to gain popularity by imitating Ri-ma. However, the two are forced to cross paths on television programs and when they are cast in a drama together. Meanwhile, Ma-ha's childhood friend and fellow idol, Lee Yu-jin (Jeong Yun-ho), from the group Sparkling, has feelings for Ma-ha and tries to shield her from what he believes are Ryok's negative intentions towards her.
(Source: Wikipedia)

Cast

[Main]

• Jung Ji-so as Lee Ma-ha
  • Lee Jun-young as Kwon Ryok
  • Park Ji-yeon as La Ri-ma
  • Jeong Yun-ho as Lee Yu-jin
[Supporting]

Tea Party

• Lim Na-young as Shim Hyun-ji, the group's main visual.
  • Kim Min-seo as Yu Ri-ah, a vocalist and the leader of Tea Party.
Shax
  • Kang Chan-hee as Lee Eun-jo, a former member of Shax who is Ryok's best friend and rival.
  • Choi Jong-ho as Hyuk, the youngest member and main vocalist.
  • Ahn Jeong-hun as Han Jae-woo, the leader of Shax.
  • Hwiyoung as Kang Lee-hyun, a vocalist and producer.
  • Park Yu-ri as Do-jin, a member known for his variety skills.
Sparkling
  • Choi San as Min-su, the mood-maker and youngest member.
  • Lee Soo-woong as Hyun-oh, the group's former center.
  • Park Seong-hwa as Se-young, the leader and rapper of Sparkling.
Others
  • Danny Ahn as Ji-hak, the CEO of Tea Party's company.
  • Choi So-yoon as So-yoon, the executive of Shax’s fan club who defends them against stalker fans.
  • Choi Woo-bin as Woo-jin, a male K-pop idol who performs a collaboration stage with Ri-ah.
  • Jo Jung-chi as Ha-seok, a composer.
  • Kim So-hee as Joo Min-sung, a part-timer at a café the idols frequent
  • Lee Hwi-seo as Tae-ri
  • Oh Hee-joon as Koo Dae-kwon, SHAX' team manager.
  • Shim Eun-jin as Reporter Byun, a K-pop columnist who tracks idols every move.
  • Shin Soo-ho as Tae-geun, the manager of Sparkling.

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
Posters Of Imitation's Idol Groups

TEA PARTY
Tea-Party.jpeg

Tea Party is a new girl group consisting of the members Lee Ma Ha (Jung Ji So), Shim Hyun Ji (Lim Nayoung), and Yoo Ri Ah (Minseo). Danny Ahn's role is Ji Hak, the CEO of Tea Party’s agency.

SHAX
SHAX.jpeg

SHAX is a boy group consisting of the members Kwon Ryoc (Lee Jun Young), Hyuk (Jongho), Lee Hyun (Hwiyoung), Do Jin (Yuri), and Jae Woo (Ahn Jung Hoon). Chani's character is Lee Eun Jo, a former member of the group.

SPARKLING
Sparkling.jpeg

Sparkling is a rival boy group consisting of Lee Yoo Jin (Yunho), Se Young (Seonghwa), Min Soo (San), and Hyun Oh (Suwoong).

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
Individual Posters

TEA PARTY
jung-ji-so1.jpeg
lim-na-young.jpeg
minseo.jpeg

SPARKLING
sparkling-suwoong.jpeg
sparkling-seonghwa.jpeg
sparkling-san.jpeg
sparkling-ateez-yunho.jpeg

SHAX
shax-lee-jun-young.jpeg
shax-jongho.jpeg
shax-hwiyoung.jpeg
shax-yuri.jpeg
shax-ahn-jung-woon.jpeg

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
New Posters

Ma Ha

“Although I’m an imitation right now, I dream of becoming the real deal,”
Jung-Ji-Seo.jpg

Kwon Ryoc
“For me who is the best, I only have one need, and that is you,”
Lee-Jun-Young.jpg

La Ri Ma
“Top of the top, no one can take my place.”
Jiyeon1.jpg

Lee Yoo Jin
“I won’t give up my dream, Ma Ha, or the spotlight.”
Yunho3.jpg

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
Rainbow’s Jisook Joins Cast Of “Imitation”
Jisook’s agency StarIt Entertainment announced, “Jisook will be appearing in KBS2’s new drama ‘Imitation’ in the role of head stylist Eun Jin.”

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
Imitation Press Conference

Director (Han Hyun Hee):

“I’m an amateur when it comes to knowledge about idols, but when I was reading the webtoon, one scene stuck out in my mind. I could visualize the fans’ light sticks shining on a darkened stage as if to symbolize that it was the fans who were the real stars rather than the celebrities. After seeing that, I felt like this could really become a drama. I charged forward with just that one scene in mind. I wanted to make a drama in which the actors could express their own stories and give comfort to themselves.”

g.o.d’s Danny:
“After I was cast, I read the webtoon and found I could relate to it. I’ve been a singer for 22 years, and it felt like I was reading about my own hardships and concerns.”

Jung Ji So:

“There was some pressure at first. There were so many talented co-stars, including my members Lim Nayoung and Minseo. I threw myself into practice so that I wouldn’t fall behind in terms of dancing or singing, which they both do so well. I needed a lot of help when I first went up on stage. There are so many scenes in the drama when we’re performing on stage. There are so many things that I never realized we have to think about, like our movements on stage, eye contact, and matching well with the dance and the other members. I got a lot of help from my co-stars about that. "

Lee Junyoung:
“When I read the webtoon, I felt that there was going to be a difference in looks. The director teases me by saying that Kwon Ryoc is really handsome. Kwon Ryoc is such a perfect character, but I don’t think I’m as good-looking or as talented as he is. Instead of trying to recreate him 100 percent, I talked a lot with the director about what the key points of the drama were. Rather than copying Kwon Ryoc in the webtoon, I felt a sense of pressure to show how Lee Jun Young would interpret Kwon Ryoc. He’s a beloved character in the webtoon, so I practiced a lot to show people a good image.”

T-ara’s Jiyeon:
“I’ve been a singer for a long time, and that helped me understand LA LIMA. I worked as a member of a team for a long time, but there’s a lot more work involved in becoming a solo singer. I reviewed a lot of performances by diva performers like Uhm Jung Hwa and Lee Hyori. I tried to create a unique aura for LA LIMA.”

ATEEZ’s Yunho:
“It’s an honor to be able to do such a great project as my first acting role. Through the support of the people around me, I was able to step into my first acting chance with confidence. There are so many amazing seniors who have more acting experience than me. They gave me a lot of advice. I was really nervous for the first filming, but Lee Jun Young and Jung Ji So gave me a lot of help with the dialogue and gaze.”​