How did you get into a girl group?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

cntrljinsung

Kpop Groupie
Author
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
How do you normally get into a girl group? What was it that got you interested in them? What made you say that these are your girls?

Xave

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Chaeyoung
Jiheon
Roa
Jisun
The music and visuals usually get me interested in a group and then I do research on them which determines if I actually like them or not.

Brickerbrack

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Handong
JiU
Siyeon
The visuals are great, but if I can't get into the music, it's a no-go. Twice were the first to get my attention, sight unseen, when a mate on Twitch kept playing them, and eventually I felt compelled to nip over to YouTube to check them out properly. Their stuff would normally have been too poppy for my tastes, but they managed to win me over anyway, and I got hooked pretty hard.

A couple of months later I stumbled upon Dreamcatcher, who had everything I liked about Twice (stunning girls with stunning vocals, who are all total dorks ;)), combined with music and a style that were immediately right up my alley. Stanning them was kind of a no-brainer, really...

gumi_oasis

Kpop Fan
Credits
It was a lonely night. I was scrolling through my Instagram feed on my anime account - one I have so mercilessly abandoned. I cannot remember who and I probably never knew who, but someone. Someone who showed me the way without realising, someone who enlightened me without speaking a word posted a clip from BLACKPINK's Boombayah mv. I was hooked by the hook (of the song-all bad puns intended). I searched for days and by days I mean like 2 mins till I found the full video. From the vocals and choreo I just knew that this was it. From that day, I have been into kpop and BLAACKPINK.
THE END.
🙃

cntrljinsung

Kpop Groupie
Author
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
The visuals are great, but if I can't get into the music, it's a no-go. Twice were the first to get my attention, sight unseen, when a mate on Twitch kept playing them, and eventually I felt compelled to nip over to YouTube to check them out properly. Their stuff would normally have been too poppy for my tastes, but they managed to win me over anyway, and I got hooked pretty hard.

A couple of months later I stumbled upon Dreamcatcher, who had everything I liked about Twice (stunning girls with stunning vocals, who are all total dorks ;)), combined with music and a style that were immediately right up my alley. Stanning them was kind of a no-brainer, really...
I always heard the joke about most people getting into Kpop either heard it on twitch or in a gaming video on YouTube. I remember hearing Dreamcatcher, they got me because I'm really into anime and they song "You & I" sounds like it could be an anime opening.

cntrljinsung

Kpop Groupie
Author
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
It was a lonely night. I was scrolling through my Instagram feed on my anime account - one I have so mercilessly abandoned. I cannot remember who and I probably never knew who, but someone. Someone who showed me the way without realising, someone who enlightened me without speaking a word posted a clip from BLACKPINK's Boombayah mv. I was hooked by the hook (of the song-all bad puns intended). I searched for days and by days I mean like 2 mins till I found the full video. From the vocals and choreo I just knew that this was it. From that day, I have been into kpop and BLAACKPINK.
THE END.
🙃
I swear Anime and Kpop go hand and hand like if you are in to one, you are going to get into or already are into the other. BLACKPINK was the second girl group I listened to. Red Velvet was the first if you exclude my first taste into Kpop with 2NE1's Please Don't Go.

cntrljinsung

Kpop Groupie
Author
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
For me it was Twice! They were the first gg I really stanned and from there I just started stanning more and more ggs! Also girls are just so pretty, I love girls (my lesbian jumped out)
(my lesbian jumped out) hahahaha, but it's true tho! Twice was the 3rd gg I listen to because I had a news director who put their music on my phone and would not stop talking about them. When I tell you he was a Big 3 girl group stand going to concerts and all, them were his girls and he made me appreciate girl groups more for a wide scale of musical styles.

Disregarded

Face of The Group
Credits
CL
Chen
Lay
Jungwoo
Their music (especially bsides) and content created by their fandom! Sometimes just plain luck - I was scrolling through youtube and 2NE1's "I am the best" was in my recommended and it just clicked. I love them till this day! <3

M

myheartizomg

It's usually the concept they follow and their music/talents etc

Reactions: Fay

XIUM

official girl lover
Author
Credits
Juri
Changbin
Hitomi
hmm, really depends! if i find their music
first, it's their music. if i see photos first,
it's their visuals dkdk it all depends really.

fvedolls

Band Manager
Credits
My friend told me about kpop but I thought it was nonsense. Then one day I searched up kpop to see what was the tea. It was What Is love by twice. These girls just be like “I’m here to take over”. And then I got in to kpop and the reason why twice is my ultimate group in kpop!!